Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LEFT TACKLE EFFECT!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: LEFT TACKLE EFFECT!!! Reply with quote

THE SEAHAWKS JUST SIGNED WALTER JONES TO A 7-YEAR DEAL. NOT THAT WE WERE GOING TO GET HIM. THE PROBLEM IS THEY COULD USE THE FRANCHISE TAG ON SHAUN ALEXANDER NOW. SO WE MIGHT HAVE TO ADDRESS BOTH POSITIONS IN THE DRAFT. I THINK IF THEY FRANCHISE SHAUN THE DOLPHINS FOR SURE WILL TRADE DOWN. I THINK THAT INDY WILL NOT LET EJ GO. I DON'T THINK SABAN WANTS TO TRADE A PICK FOR TRAVIS HENRY AND LAST I THINK THE THREE BACKS IN THE FIRST ROUND ARE BETTER THAN LAMONT JORDAN. SO IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DRAFT TO GET OUR BACK OF THE FUTURE.
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be bensen or brown,hopefully brown..saban doesnt like bensens me first attitude,kind of said that at senior bowl
dolphins#1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't matter about his attitude you have to look at how good he is and how many championships he will win you brown might and williams definantly isn't so i think benson is defintly the guy for the job but look at priest homes for kc chiefs he came out of texas and he is a good guy and stuff but saban will pick benson because he is more of the ellete runnier you want on your team.
wrayce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benson if we dont land one in FA but there are so many good backs in draft seatle might keep matt hasselback

My signature gallery
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if saban dont like you,you aint comin..hes got full control
TRUDONDADAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about a guy like J.Jennings from the Bills and also Benson has had alot of carries he"ll be done at 27-28 from the work he did in collage Rolling Eyes
dolfan2788

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that much of a ripple effect.
Everyone knew that this was going to happen.
If they franchised Jones then they could have signed
Hasslebeck and Alexander.
The point is that they can sign all 3 if they want to but
it is going to be extremely hard for them to sign
any of their other FA.

Trade Surtain for James
1st round - Derrick Johnson OLB
3rd round - Jason Campbell QB
PennState

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphins#1 wrote:
it doesn't matter about his attitude you have to look at how good he is and how many championships he will win you brown might and williams definantly isn't so i think benson is defintly the guy for the job but look at priest homes for kc chiefs he came out of texas and he is a good guy and stuff but saban will pick benson because he is more of the ellete runnier you want on your team.

THIS IS INSANE!!! Attitude counts a whole lot. I need not remind you of our last tailback from Texas that was very talented, but had some 'attitude' issues.

Don't spend a #2 pick on a guy with an attitude!
dolphins#1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attitude doesn't matter that much because ricky was a pot head when he first came into the leage and benson if he starts doing the same thing trade him before anyone else knows it because the first time they test you, only the doctors and the coaches know about it do it then and nobody would know.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphins#1 wrote:
attitude doesn't matter that much because ricky was a pot head when he first came into the leage and benson if he starts doing the same thing trade him before anyone else knows it because the first time they test you, only the doctors and the coaches know about it do it then and nobody would know.

Dude, clearly you are confused about a few things.

First, back before the 1994 season, Saban and Belichick wrote a handbook on the kind of player they were looking for to play for them. Character (which includes attitude) and desire to play football were ranked as being more important than raw talent.

Second, Benson already has had marijuana issues at Texas. He was also a two-sport (football and baseball) athlete whose "dedication" to football was questioned.

Third, the NFL's substance abuse policy is between the player, the league, and the union. The team only learns that a player is in the program if the player is suspended for testing positive for a restricted substance. The coaches do NOT know if a player fails a drug test. That's one of the stipulations of the agreement between the league and the union.

What this boils down to is that Benson has a red flag next to his name and I'd bet $20 that Miami does not draft him with the #2 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: