Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laveranues Coles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Laveranues Coles? Reply with quote

For all of you guys pining away for a FA WR, here's one I'm on-board with. Laveranues Coles. He quietly had 90 catches last year after seasons of 89 & 82. For some dumb reason the Skins might release him.

If he is released, I'd consider him, assuming our needs on D can still be met. I wonder what his market value is?
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Coles would fit well with our offense. He'd be a definite upgrade over Morton. I'd want some specifics as to why he is suddenly a free agent after the Skins gave up a first for him a couple years back. There could be something to him that makes us think twice before shelling out cash for him.
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is unhappy with washington's passing game he wants to be a deep threat rather than just catch short passes

Calvert28 wrote:
He (Emmit Smith) was to this sport what Wyane Gretsky was to the NHL

LMAO
KC Warpaint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live outside of DC and the word all over the radio/TV here is that he has asked Gibbs for his release (does not want to play for the skins anymore)
don't know how a guy can be unhappy after a 90 catch season but guess he wants a ring and cannot see it on the horizon in DC
2TP3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Laveranues Coles? Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
For all of you guys pining away for a FA WR, here's one I'm on-board with. Laveranues Coles. He quietly had 90 catches last year after seasons of 89 & 82. For some dumb reason the Skins might release him.

If he is released, I'd consider him, assuming our needs on D can still be met. I wonder what his market value is?

The Skins are releasing him because he wants out of Gibbs offense, he believes he can thrive in another offense, so the skins agreed to relese him to make cap room. The skins originally wanted to release Gardner so in a weird way they kinda get thier way except for its Coles thats getting released.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

assuming we can get a LB and CB in FA or via trade*cough Surtain cough* then i say go for it

RIP DT 1/1/67 - 2/8/00 Always Buckle Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: