Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans top prority?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Titans top prority? Reply with quote

With all the cuts, do you think we will take either Rolle or Jones at CB with the 6th pick, WR since Mason is gone, or do you think we will trade down to get more picks. I think it is safe to say that DJ has dropped as our #1 priority and either CB or WR will be our first pick.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB should be our #1 need now, but right now no CB is worth the 6th pick. That could all change in the next week though. Right now I have no clue what we will draft now.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our top defensive priority MUST be DB now. All the talk about D.J. should end. On the other side, suddenly, if Ty Calico isn't all he's hyped up to be (Which i think he IS though), we have a serious problem at WR. But I do think that the more pressing need is DB. I don't see us taking off Rolle's name on his locker, just changing the number. Like i've said before, Antrel Rolle will be the guy, maybe not at the 6th spot, but i think he's the guy.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't believe Rolle warrants the #6 pick. I hope he has a great combine though and shows me something. CB is the toughest position to draft. There are so many bust at CB every year.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Justin Miller and Pac-Man is goin to battle it out during the combine. These guys are super fast, way faster than Rolle. At the end of the combine Rolle can be puched to the third best corner. Miller and jones aproximentally runs a 4.3 forty ( i heard Jone's agent say he can run a 4.26)while Rolle just runs between a 4.45 and 4.5. And Miller and Jones are retuner, ballhawks, and hard hitters. So its between Jones and Miller at 6.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you figure its between miller and Jones...Just cause they can fly?? BIG DEAL. And a ballhawk?!?! Miller is a amazing return man who can fly! no doubt, but Antrel Rolle is 6 foot 1....He is physical, and he can cover the bigger guys. He is a supreme athlete. I've watched him play at all UM's home games this season. And i'm a GATOR SO i hate the CANES, but I'm telling you, this guy is next in the line of MIAMI studs.Antrel Rolle is THE BEST DB in the nation. Without a doubt. Plus if Woolfork can get his butt on the field, we would have two 6-1 corners which is disgusting to say the least.
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many needs = so many options.
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they might trade down for someone who wants to get williams or edwards.
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take MWilliams at #6 in a heartbeat. We have sooooo many needs we can take the best player available.
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love Williams. I think he is going to be a superstar. Ever since he made that one handed catch against oregon state. I still think that is the most outrageous catch I've ever seen in my life.
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the combine, I believe MWilliams will be coveted by a number of teams. I don't think he'll get past the Bears at #4.
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you imagine Mike Williams opposite Terrell Owens?

OMG... What you see is drool coming out of my mouth
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
I still don't believe Rolle warrants the #6 pick. I hope he has a great combine though and shows me something. CB is the toughest position to draft. There are so many bust at CB every year.

I beg to differ. I believe that DT is the hardest position to draft. The last 3 or 4 years there have been at least 10 busts at DT taken in the first round.
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right so then if there are that many busts why would you take someone at DT in the first round. Sam Rayburn who plays a ton for the Eagles was a NDFA. Darwin Walker was a third rounder who was released by the Cardinals and signed by the Eagles. He starts at tackle next to Corey Simon.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid wrote:
right so then if there are that many busts why would you take someone at DT in the first round. Sam Rayburn who plays a ton for the Eagles was a NDFA. Darwin Walker was a third rounder who was released by the Cardinals and signed by the Eagles. He starts at tackle next to Corey Simon.

I never said we should draft a DT. You didnt even read my whole post. I didnt even mention DT as an option when i started the thread. Make sure you read the whole post before you respond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: