Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carter, Rolle, and Mason expected to be cut!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Carter, Rolle, and Mason expected to be cut!!! Reply with quote

It is expected from www.gotitans.com that Kevin Carter, Samari Rolle, and Derrick Mason is expected to be cut as early as Monday!!!!

is this true????
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was reported in the Tennessean this morning. Wyatt, who I consider an idiot, reported that we would cut Mason, Rolle, Carter, Miller, Nedney, Holcombe and a couople of other people.

For me, I'll believe it when I see it. It would be stupid for us to just cut Rolle and Mason withouth some type of compensation even if that compensation is just a 3rd rounder. Carter has already said he wants to stay in Nashville and he bought over a 150 acres in south Nashville back in October so I don't think he'll be cut. I've been kind of expecting Mason to be cut, but I'm still not sure he will be because he is Mcnair's favorite target. We'll be screwed if we don't have Rolle back next season especially with a division that has Andre Johnson, Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Jimmy Smith, and several other good WR's. I just don't believe we'll release all these players, but what better time to do it since we just came off a 5-11 season and are 25 million over the cap.

If this somehow does happen will Mcnair want to come back then? I think so, but it's an interesting topic to ponder.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in some serious trouble if we cut Rolle, he is what 27? He is a franchise cornerback, why are we releasing him? If we do it then that means we might have to draft a corner with the number 6 pick and it will take 5 years to develop into the kind of corner Samari is. I just don't get it!!!! We might need to look elsewhere for cuts, I hate to lose Derrik Mason, he is my favorite reciever, but at least we have Calico, and Bennett. And at DT we have Hayneswprth, Starks, and Long, it would stink to lose Carter too, but at least we have those guys there to fill the void. But what about corner???? We might lose Rolle and Dyson!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could we compete then at corner? I just does not make any sense what so ever to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody please help give me some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samari will turn 29 this year, but he still has 2-3 more seasons where he'll be on top of his game. Rolle will be the hardest to replace if we do in fact release him. We could also try and somehow squeeze under the cap and then try to trade Rolle March 2nd.

Also does anyone know what the punishment is if you are not under the cap by March 1st?
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all the crap the Tennessean printed does come true then who will we draft at #6, I find it hard to compete when we might lose our 2 starting corners!! Is it a lock we will draft a corner? Or is it still a possibility we still might draft a WR????
cjlouis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think anything is possible now. Mike Williams, Pac-Man Jones, (DJ Willams looks even harder to rationalize now). We might even need grab another DE if one falls to us in another round. I guess we gotta pray that some people have great workouts and teams want to take our pick. We could really use the two 1st rounders now, get Antrell Rolle and maybe Troy Williamson or Mark Clayton. I just don't know anyone that will trade for it.

I agree with guys completely though. It would be terrible if we recieved no trade value or compensation picks. Losing Mason would suck, but if we have McNair we might still be effective enough on offense. Just gotta pray the rookie we get steps up, and Calico also. Carter is so versatile, and plays the whole game. He will be missed more than people understand. That forces 2 of those rookies we drafted to step up. I don't know if that will happen. Our line will be ok this year, and we draft for a future starter. Flemming looks great, I think he will be an upgrade to Holcombe.

But Rolle? That is the killer. If we lose our shutdown corner we will get burned. We already will be struggling to get pressure on the QB. He will have all day and no playmaker at the CB position. Rookies never jump in and perform like a shutdown guy. It takes years. Plus, we we planning to cut Dyson and Woolfolk hasn't shown anything yet! Who will we have?
Burton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if your not under the cap you forfeit a draft pick. How else would they punish you?

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really sucks. But its a business and 06 will be a good year. I cant imagine just not gettin any F**king compenstation with mason or rolle, thats F'D up!!!!

Mason will be ok to lose but Rolle and Carter We'll be lucky to win 7 games next year.

We do need to keep Shulters and Miller somehow with Bell and Tank injured. Our offense will be ok but we'll get ran all over on defense.
Yes CB is a MAJOR need now and look for us to get Antrell Rolle.
DJ Monster LB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say but if you were sixth worst in the league this season then next season is going to be one hell of a year at the basement of the league.

Give yourselves a shot at Leinart next year?!
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would've been very good this season if not for injuries, but I think you may be right about next season if we do release all of those players.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1995875

among those expected to be cut is Derrick Mason. I have a feeling that Baltimore will pick up Mason. Rolle and Fred Miller are also gone

Tennesee is in a major rebuilding period rite now. don't expect them to be great next year either. Hiring Chow didn't fix much. The defense for the Titans was a major problem, not the offense.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Burton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...because of injuries...is no one reading that?

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
cjlouis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is a Baltimore fan citing a story that we are already talking about? Are you actually trying to enlighten everyone on this board? Read before you post, we know the situation and what it means to the team far more than you do. Injuries played a major part; not having a 1st and 2nd rnd pick would be easier on the Titans than losing over 10 starters.
DJ Monster LB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries happen to every team. It's the better teams that cope with them.

Did New England complain they had both starting CBs out for the season, the Eagles had their saviour WR out for much of playoffs, Carolina were close to the playoffs and they had everyone injured, first 3 RBs on depth chart out.

The Titans were a disappointment and this year is going to be bad, i think the Titans should really just clear out the team, gain cap space and aim to start legitamately challenging again in three to four years time.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, most good teams should be able to over come injuries, but not when you have only 30% of your starters on the field. The only team that has ever been able to be competative with about that many injuries were the Pats last year, and it was a miracle they could.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: