Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edge stay or Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should they Keep Edge?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Edge stay or Go Reply with quote

I think that they should try to keep him but because of Cap problems they will probably have to let him go and try to draft a RB or go after another one in Free Agency

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should keep the Edge as long as it won't cost too much, although it will cost them a lot without a doubt. I would prioritize keeping Freeney then Edge then Wayne this off-season. Freeney for sure. Then focus on Edge. If he's out of the price range, go for Wayne.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to keep Edge and Freeney both to keep this team moving in the right direction, they can very easily find someone to take over for Wayne.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
highborn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price for Edge was too steep this past offseason, then there's no way we can afford it now that we've become a 'running team'.
Edge is looking like one of the best backs in the league right now (second only to Alexander).

What are our options if he leaves?
Even if we don't draft 32nd overall (though hopefully we do =), we're going to miss out on Bush, Marooney, Williams & probably Lendale White too (even though he wouldn't fit our offense).

I'm no mock draft expert, but after looking at a few, Maurice Drew seems a concensus 3rd round pick, should he declare.
Perhaps grabbing him at the tail end of round 2 is an option. A guy with moves like Drew could do well behind a o-line which will give him some room to be creative. Plus, he'll give us a serious return threat.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way he's playing this year is outstanding... I can tell you that Peyton would not be as successful if he had to throw every down..

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
andersong0857

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Edgerrin James and high Draft Pick and pick up Reggie Bush..................
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zero_system

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice if Edge would stay for the Colts.. but I think it'll come down to if they want to keep Wayne or James.

"Boom! Here comes the boom! Ready or not, here comes the boys from the South!" -- P.O.D.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to, James does so much on the ground and the passing game is based off of the playaction and the threat of James would be missed deeply by Manning and the rest of the offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: