Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblevens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Pats Mock Draft Reply with quote

Here is my draft...

1. Mark Clayton - I see him dropping because of his height and BB always goes the BB. Clayton is a leader on and off the field and would fit in perfectly with the Pats Receivers Unit. Same size as Deion Branch BTW. Patten most likely will not be back, but Givens will be. I can see us offering second tier tendor to him, which would require a first rounder to sign him. This year has a weak class at WR compared to last year but I doubt anyone will give their first for Givens. Maybe the Steelers if they fail to resign Plax. Clayton will help remove Kevin Kasper from the roster.

2. Kirk Morrison - Stock is on the rise due to his phenomenal Senior Bowl practices and the game. Has great sideline to sideline playmaking ability and is a great fit in a 3-4. This move would help the Backers get younger and help replace Phifer and Johnson...both are expected to retire.

3. Travis Daniels - Like Kirk, he had great practices at the Senior Bowl. He outperformed Corey Webster. Daniels already knows the Pats base scheme and would fit in perfectly. Will remove Earthwind Moreland from the roster. Same with Hank Poteat.

4. Adam Snyder - I think Andruzzi will not be resigned and we will need a replacement. Snyder fits the bill.

5. Stefan LeFors - Great leader, and will backup Brady next year. Right now there are trade rumors of Davey to CLE for a 4th rounder. This position would become a need if that occurs.

6. Johnathan Jackson - Tremendous pass rusher with 4.5 speed. Can make the transition to a 3-4 at OLB. I doubt he falls this low but the bottom few rounds on mocks like this are HARD so I went with a local boy that is a day 2 prospect.

7. Antonio Bryant - This is my suprise pick. Right now he is a 6th rounder, but I can see him falling due to his on the field problems. He is slightly out of shape and cannot finish a game. At the same time, I see a great prospect at NT to back Wilfork up. With the leadersip around him on the Pats, Bryant will step it up and pass up Traylor on the depth chart halfway through the season and be a steady backup/spot starter behind WilforkMight take Ethan Kelleys roster spot...Last years 7th rounder, Christian Morton, was cut after Gay beat him out. Morton got signed by ATL and started at CB when they got beat down by PHI. On the other hand, we drafted Givens in the 7th round...

Tell me your thoughts and submit your own...

I addressed most of our needs...added youth to a couple groups...

WR, ILB, CB, OG, QB, OLB, NT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I love it and I love the Mark Clayton pick so much.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this last week..i just found it on my desktop

Round 1: Mark Clayton/WR/Oklahoma
~ Patriot type players because of his attitude and height. David Patten said he wants to leave and I heard some teams might give up a 1st rounder for David Givens..i.e San Diego Chargers (2. Also the Pats should take the BPA like they always had.

Round 2: Kirk Morrison/LB/San Diego State
~ With Tedy's carrer up in the air a LB is needed. Youth at LB is a must too, after Morrison's great Senior Bowl week his stock is on the rise.

Round 3: Travis Daniels/CB/LSU
~ A LSU player and not Corey Webster. Travis has impressed me more than Webster has. A CB isn't a huge need but with Law leaving in a trade or getting cut, depth at CB is needed.

Round 4: Adam Synder/OG/Oregon State
~ The most underrated O-Line in the NFL, will jump under the radar more with an underrated prospect..Adam Synder.

Round 5: Calvin Armstong/OT/Washington State
~ With Brandon Gorin becoming a Free Agent and since Adrian Klemm can't stay heathly, depth is needed..(again)

Round 6: Brandon Jacobs/RB/Southern Illinois
~ With Dillon getting old, depth is needed (LoL)

Round 7: Bryan Randall/QB/Virginia Tech
~ Davey might be traded to Dallas, and if so..let me guess depth is needed.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha we have the same first 4 picks. Hopefully it happens. I havent heard Davey to DAL. I have heard Davey to CLE though.

Gorin will be resigned as he is a RFA. He will be a steady backup for Ashworth and Light. Klemm was a bust and will not be back.

Good draft though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, HAHAHA...I think I meant the Browns rather than the BoyZ.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
BUMPANDRUN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I fully expect them to draft the best Guard or CB on the board in round 1.

After that? Who knows...
I remeber scratching my head when the "reached" for Branch, selected Bethel too early and so on and so forth...

Three rings later? Who knows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: