Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bledsoe trade may lead to firings.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hiero


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 8002
Location: Midtown Sacramento
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Bledsoe trade may lead to firings. Reply with quote

Ok not to rub it in here, but is there still any bills fans that are happy with letting Drew go? Even up to a few weeks ago bills fans seemed to still be happy with the decision, are you guys still happy? Do you think Losman will be better next year becaues of the lumps he took this year?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/12/buffalos_stampede_heading_to_nowhere/
Buffalo's stampede heading to nowhere
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | December 12, 2005


ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It has hit rock bottom for the Bills.

You can't squander a 23-3 lead in the fourth quarter and lose to Miami in hot weather one week, then return home in cold and snow and get wiped off the field by the Patriots. The prelude to yesterday's game wasn't so hot, either, when the Bills suspended usually rock-solid receiver Eric Moulds.

Bills coach Mike Mularkey and general manager Tom Donahoe are under fire. It remains to be seen whether one or both will go, but you can bet things will look a lot different in Buffalo next season. A team that was expected to contend for the AFC East title has gone belly-up. At 4-9, the Bills are mentally decimated.

''Obviously, it was a poor performance," said Mularkey after the 35-7 shellacking by New England in the snow. ''Disappointing. It seems like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, all the way to the end."

Mularkey, who seemed to tear up a bit during his news conference, was asked how far he thinks the Bills are from the Patriots. It's a question that has been asked often of Bills personnel the last four years.

''If we play like that, we're a long ways away," Mularkey said. ''If we hadn't had a chance to play them earlier this year [a more respectable 21-16 loss], then I'd question our team, but I know we're better than that."

Mularkey didn't help himself. His team going nowhere, and trailing, 21-0, late in the third quarter, Mularkey sent in the field goal unit on a fourth and 11 at the Patriots' 14, to a large round of boos. Rian Lindell missed the 32-yard attempt, and the boos became even louder.

Then there's J.P. Losman.

The quarterback the Bills decided to keep in lieu of Drew Bledsoe has been performing poorly. He was blitzed constantly by an aggressive Patriots defense that sacked him twice and knocked him down often. He threw three interceptions, and completed only 10 of 27 attempts for 181 yards and one touchdown for a 33.6 rating.

He noted after the game he'd never played in snow.

''This was my first time," said Losman. ''I learned a lot about playing in the snow. It didn't really affect the ball, my hand, or anything like that as much as it would have seemed. Some balls got away from me, but I don't think the weather had anything to do with that."

The killer was an interception he threw into the end zone and into the arms of Asante Samuel on Buffalo's second possession of the game. The Bills might have turned their fate around if Losman had hit that pass.

''Early on, if I hit those quick gains, maybe they wouldn't have rushed so quickly," Losman said. ''I could have helped our offensive line a lot by making those throws, maybe anticipating a little better. All those things, before I even critique anyone else, I have to point the finger at myself first. You have to ask yourself, 'Did I do my job as far as helping this team win today?' I didn't help my team as much as they counted on me to do."

Donahoe was asked whether the Moulds incident, in which he was suspended a game for conduct detrimental to the team, played a factor in the Bills' dismal play.

''It's hard to say," Donahoe said. ''Mike [Mularkey] did what he had to do. It was the right decision to make. Players have to put that aside and concentrate on the game."

Copyright 2005 Globe Newspaper Company.
_________________

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 832
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly fine about letting Bledsoe go.

If you have seen many Bills games last year you would have understood. His pocket presence is terrible and just made dumb decisions under pressure. He was making rookie mistakes so why not get a rookie to make those mistakes? We needed a change at the QB position.

Glad to see Bledsoe doing well. He always had an arm in Buffalo and its great to see him still taking advantage of his favourite flea flicker play in Dallas.

Be warned though...you will soon see why we released him. We didn't know why the Patriots traded him to us until we found out ourselves.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick41


Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 18857
Location: RIP to My Boy, B2TB (Nik Evans)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard buff naked! Nice to see a Bills fan join this site. We don't have very many and we need some
_________________

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Holcombnite


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 1947
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bledsoe trade may lead to firings. Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
Ok not to rub it in here, but is there still any bills fans that are happy with letting Drew go? Even up to a few weeks ago bills fans seemed to still be happy with the decision, are you guys still happy? Do you think Losman will be better next year becaues of the lumps he took this year?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/12/buffalos_stampede_heading_to_nowhere/
Buffalo's stampede heading to nowhere
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | December 12, 2005


ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It has hit rock bottom for the Bills.

You can't squander a 23-3 lead in the fourth quarter and lose to Miami in hot weather one week, then return home in cold and snow and get wiped off the field by the Patriots. The prelude to yesterday's game wasn't so hot, either, when the Bills suspended usually rock-solid receiver Eric Moulds.

Bills coach Mike Mularkey and general manager Tom Donahoe are under fire. It remains to be seen whether one or both will go, but you can bet things will look a lot different in Buffalo next season. A team that was expected to contend for the AFC East title has gone belly-up. At 4-9, the Bills are mentally decimated.

''Obviously, it was a poor performance," said Mularkey after the 35-7 shellacking by New England in the snow. ''Disappointing. It seems like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, all the way to the end."

Mularkey, who seemed to tear up a bit during his news conference, was asked how far he thinks the Bills are from the Patriots. It's a question that has been asked often of Bills personnel the last four years.

''If we play like that, we're a long ways away," Mularkey said. ''If we hadn't had a chance to play them earlier this year [a more respectable 21-16 loss], then I'd question our team, but I know we're better than that."

Mularkey didn't help himself. His team going nowhere, and trailing, 21-0, late in the third quarter, Mularkey sent in the field goal unit on a fourth and 11 at the Patriots' 14, to a large round of boos. Rian Lindell missed the 32-yard attempt, and the boos became even louder.

Then there's J.P. Losman.

The quarterback the Bills decided to keep in lieu of Drew Bledsoe has been performing poorly. He was blitzed constantly by an aggressive Patriots defense that sacked him twice and knocked him down often. He threw three interceptions, and completed only 10 of 27 attempts for 181 yards and one touchdown for a 33.6 rating.

He noted after the game he'd never played in snow.

''This was my first time," said Losman. ''I learned a lot about playing in the snow. It didn't really affect the ball, my hand, or anything like that as much as it would have seemed. Some balls got away from me, but I don't think the weather had anything to do with that."

The killer was an interception he threw into the end zone and into the arms of Asante Samuel on Buffalo's second possession of the game. The Bills might have turned their fate around if Losman had hit that pass.

''Early on, if I hit those quick gains, maybe they wouldn't have rushed so quickly," Losman said. ''I could have helped our offensive line a lot by making those throws, maybe anticipating a little better. All those things, before I even critique anyone else, I have to point the finger at myself first. You have to ask yourself, 'Did I do my job as far as helping this team win today?' I didn't help my team as much as they counted on me to do."

Donahoe was asked whether the Moulds incident, in which he was suspended a game for conduct detrimental to the team, played a factor in the Bills' dismal play.

''It's hard to say," Donahoe said. ''Mike [Mularkey] did what he had to do. It was the right decision to make. Players have to put that aside and concentrate on the game."

Copyright 2005 Globe Newspaper Company.


Bro, you can't post complete news articles like that, you can post captions and the link to the article in it's entirety, but nothing more.

On an added note - nice to see a fellow Canadian on board!
_________________

STchamp said Tye Hill will go in the first!
February 20th - Canada will never be the same
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 832
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
Welcome aboard buff naked! Nice to see a Bills fan join this site. We don't have very many and we need some


Thats why I joined...got to represent even in this sad time.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick41


Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 18857
Location: RIP to My Boy, B2TB (Nik Evans)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you. Tell all your friends to join the site...they'll love it! Don't lose the faith...Bills fans will come along sooner or later Wink
_________________

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bgwsup312


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting Drew go was the right decision...let me repeat, the right decision. Drew Bledsoe is a bum and will be for years to come. He always throws picks or does something stupid when the game is on the line. Do I need to bring up the Pittsburgh Steelers games last year. Or even the Seahawks game this year. Losman has the ability to be a good QB, but he needs an OL and a running game. Big Ben has been great because he has a terrific OL and a great running game. Eli is still struggling a bit because of the OL in NY.

As far as the interception at the goaline. Mularkey claims to have a power running team, but with 1st and Goal at the 3yd line, and a 20pt lead (a FG would have salted that baby away) he throws the ball. You have a top 5 RB and you throw the football. Foolishness.

If Buffalo does not fire Donahue and Mularkey then it will be another disappointing season next year. If Jeff Fisher is available then Buffalo should sign him and the playoffs will be very close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group