You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Clayton Standing Tall

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Mark Clayton Standing Tall Reply with quote

Rookie Mark Clayton finally had his breakout game this season against the Texans, registering team and career highs in receptions (7) and yardage (86). But Clayton wasnt just making any old average catch, he was making game changing catches. He made a critical 11 yard reception on 3rd down in traffic and he had the terrific 35 yard catch and run during which he acted like a veteran, recognizing a blitz, finding the soft spot in coverage, and darting out of bounds with 10 seconds left on the clock. I really think we've got the real deal here in Clayton. I cant wait to see what he is capable of next season. Now if we could just get a bigger presence from a 3rd receiver(Hymes, Moore or Darling).

Clayton Standing Tall
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, the only negative in this game was that he went up for 2 balls and got his hands on them but couldnt bring them down. Yea, they were hard catches, but if u get ur hands on em... but his performance was very solid. It seems like Hymes has had some very good performances and then other weeks we never see him.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree he did drop 2 catchable passes. Like you said, they werent easy by any means, but they are passes that he will be expected to catch. Still his performance in the 4th quarter of that game was great. Did anyone else see him pancake block that Houston DB on one of Chester Taylor's runs? Clayton will only get better and he's got a great attitude and work ethic. Hymes and Clarence Moore have both shown potenial to be 3rd WRs, but both have been playing too inconsistant and of course as we all know, Moore hasnt touched the field since he dropped a couple passes early in the season.
mikedoobie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like how Billick has finally started throwing him not only hitch passes and YAC plays but all throws deep and intermediate he will be the next Derrick Mason and probably better im hoping Isaac Bruce level, which is who he reminded me of at the draft

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: