You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question from a Titans fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
I think the 3 things that best explain Jamal's lack of success are:
1. Bad offensive line
2. No passing game
3. His mental state (in relation to money and his contract, or lack there of)

If the Steelers want to offer him enough money, all 3 of those could be corrected. But the question is would the Steelers be interested enough to pay for him?

also the fact that, like you said in another thread, he is trying to hard for the big one. hes not letting things come to him, hes not really letting the blocks develop or anything, hes getting very jittery and jukey in the backfield and its stopping plays from developing into possible 5 or 6 yard gains, Jamal is too often looking for a 30 yard run or bust.

but yeah, the offensive line, and offensive play in general, as well as his mindset have hurt. i too see him going to the Steelers, where he would get his $$$, he wouldn't risk getting "hurt", which he said concerns him because Willie Parker could come in and give him a breather, because Billick is too retarded to alternate carries in Baltimore between Chester and Jamal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
I think the 3 things that best explain Jamal's lack of success are:
1. Bad offensive line
2. No passing game
3. His mental state (in relation to money and his contract, or lack there of)

If the Steelers want to offer him enough money, all 3 of those could be corrected. But the question is would the Steelers be interested enough to pay for him?
You forgot the most important one, his ankle is not even close to being 100%. It is hard for him to cutback
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of $$$ is Lewis looking for because I don't see a team signing him for more than a 1 year deal and then probably adding a huge option if he does well.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
What kind of $$$ is Lewis looking for because I don't see a team signing him for more than a 1 year deal and then probably adding a huge option if he does well.

I wish I could tell you. At this point its a mystery as for as Im concerned. I hope he doesnt plan on asking for too much money considering this seasons performance. However by looking at some of his recent comments such as "Ive already proven what I can do" tell me he might be wanting a little more then most teams will be willing to offer. Who knows, I guess we will all see in a few months.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wants to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:

I highly doubt that happening. Not next season atleast. I hope he doesnt think he can spend an offseason in prison and then average 3.0 yards per carry the following season and still get a big pay day.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:

he won't get that. teams know that he has run for 2000 yards before, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks like he'll end this season with 800 or 900 yards, and around 3.5 YPC. i think he'll get franchised, either we keep him or he gets traded but i think he gets franchised, giving him one more year to prove himself to suitors. if he can bounce back next year, he might even get an extension from the Ravens (if hes still with us). but he'll realize the money won't be there this year, but it will be next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that the Ravens will franchise him and give him one more year to prove himself here. I'm starting to hear bad things about Chester Taylor. Apparently he isn't much of a team player and have a bad attitude in general. I've even heard that he supposedly got into a fight with Orlando Brown... Chester probably wasn't very pleased when the Ravens matched the Browns offer either. This would explain why Billick have refused to play Chester and sticking with Jamal (that is, they have allready decided that Chester will be gone next year and want to see how much Jamal has left). This should be a very interesting off-season...
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bad things have you heard about Chester and from where? I know he got into a little squirmish with Orlando Brown, but no punches were thrown and problems like this, as childish as it sounds, arent a rare thing, especially not on teams that are struggling. Heck, Olin Kreutz broke his teamates jaw and the Bears are 8-3. I wouldnt think its anything to worry about, but I guess we will all find out who stays and who goes eventually.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
What bad things have you heard about Chester and from where? I know he got into a little squirmish with Orlando Brown, but no punches were thrown and problems like this, as childish as it sounds, arent a rare thing, especially not on teams that are struggling. Heck, Olin Kreutz broke his teamates jaw and the Bears are 8-3. I wouldnt think its anything to worry about, but I guess we will all find out who stays and who goes eventually.
There were rumors that CT missed team meetings, missed curfews, could not be reached, and then the fight with Zeus.

And I realize Jamal will not get a huge contract, I was just saying that he said he should be one of the top 5 paid players in the NFL
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew about the missing team meetings and curfews and such, interesting.

Yea I know what you mean with Jamal, he thinks he deserves to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL, but thats just not going to happen. Not this offseason atleast.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hurt anyone here but why would any self - respected GM want to splash out the bucks on a player who has virtually looked like he has lost his love for the game. I'm probably wrong but that's what it looks liek from a fan's point of view. You guys as Raven5255 and Baltimore Terp how much I loved Jamal Lewis and you will see that I am probably one of his biggest fans on this board. I still rate him as one of the best backs in the league. He has amazing strength and he has amazing durability which he used to go with his explosiveness over the past few years. I used to love watching him run all over teams liek they weren't even there and anythign that got in his way just fell to the ground liek they had been hit by a bulldozer. I still think he is hiding this somehwre (I hope) I just want to see it from him.

He has Houston next and if he doesn't have an amazing game here then he can kiss any decent amont of money goodbye because they are ranked dead last against the run averagin 158.5 yards a game.

However, he has already played these teams and done next to nothing:

New York Jets - Ranked 30th against the run
Cleveland Browns - Ranked 28th against the run
Detriot Lions - Ranked 26th against the run
Cincinatti Bengals - Ranked 25th againt the run
Jacksonville Jaguars - Ranked 14th against the run
Tennessee Titans - Ranked 12th against the run, yes 12th. I am shocked as well.

He averaged 0.9 yards against the twelth best run stopping defense. He would normally chew a team like us up as if they weren't even there. He has basically done next to nothing agsinst any other teams as well. He is hesitant once he gets to the line and he is going down after the firts hi which isn't like him. Whether the line aren't creating holes or whether he has lost an extra step because of his time in prison is still up in the air but I hope wherever he goes next season he can find his old form again. I mean he is still a very good back and he isn't even old. I hope he can find some form soon. Sorry if this was pointless guys but I felt it was necessary.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: