You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Come back player of the year?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Come back player of the year? Reply with quote

If the Vikings make it deep into the playoffs because of Brad Johnson's ability to lead the team, do you all think Johnson deserves to win comeback player of the year? Johnson did miss a lot of playing time last year with Tampa. Steve Smith has become a dominant receiver after the season ending injury last year, would probably be the favorite for the award. Who do you think deserves this award?
common cents

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm maybe koren robinson...

...although he's also the vikings canidate for the nfl courage award which he is probably more suited for.

see koren robinson this year...see onterio smith next year...i hope smith is sitting somewhere taking notes on how the nfl is always willing to give athelete's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th try's on getting their life on track.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it will most likely be steve smith but robinson and jonhson could be up there 2, and smith pry wont be with us next year, moore is proudcing and he might not be the starter if we sign a rb or draft one

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about sharper? i'd say he's comeback pretty well from last yr too when he was supposed to be injured and washed up

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not anyone on the Vikings. Steve Smith owns up any Vikings season and had a worse year last year than any Vikings player.

Although I believe they can share it within one division since the whole concept is, "this guy had it rough and he got through it." In which case, I'd give it to K-Rob and Smith because K-Rob looked like his career was over for some time and look at him now.

but Smith... you can't argue against Smith. Not everyone said Sharper was done, Johnson is only doing what he's supposed to do, no one expected a Steve Smith returning from a season injury to be superior than the player he was pre-injury. No one expected Steve Smith to own like he did. Steve Smith has got to win it, and if he doesn't I, as a Vikings fan, will not respect the award at all (considering I don't that much already since its pretty much just a pat on the back for one guy who had it rough and then came back from it. It was invented for Tommy Maddox for christ's sake. THAT WORKED OUT.)
Vikings fan.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Johnson is doing nothing more than being a "game manager". That term pisses me off. Its a way of trying to say someone is good when they arent doing anything. But no, Steve Smith is the prime canidate for that title.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comeback Player OTY awards normally go to someone who's had a serious injury one season, goes on IR and then returns to All-Pro form the following year. Steve Smith fits the bill.

I've always loved Brad Johnson's play, his wits and his tenacity. But, he really hasn't done anything yet to deserve consideration. Now, when the Vikes beat Carolina in the NFC Championship game, then maybe Brad can outduel Steve for the award. . . . lol.
tdub

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i expected steve smith to return to form this yr...maybe not as good as he's doing, cuz what he's done so far has been like top 3 in yds, tds, etc but more along the likes of what he did the yr before his injury

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad johnson - no way

steve smith - good pick

even ricky williams would beat out brad

joey galloway - could be in the running

teddy bruski - hell the guy had a stroke and is playing

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN
tdub

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot about galloway too...might be inclined to give it to him cuz i think just about everyone thought we was done, which no one thought about steve smith (least ppl i know as well as stuff i read)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing either stevie smith or joey galloway will win it

i highly doubt that brad johson will win it

i think thomas jones would be a better canidate than johnson imo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: