Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RIVALRY GAME! Den @ KC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: RIVALRY GAME! Den @ KC Reply with quote

Discuss here.

i had this pegged as the toughest game of the season when the schedules came out. denver historicaly strugles in kc especially in December. KC is a ood team this year and it will be closer than in week 3. i will post my analysis later in the week[/b]
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Title is better!!!

but in response to your remarks

1.playing for a bye yes, but I don't think plummer can play out of his head forever
2.5 first round picks yes but all have been MAJOR dissapointments but Pryce
3. We DID NOT HAVE WILLIE ROAF IN THE FIRST GAME!!!!! the best left tackle in football make an ENOURMOUS DIFFERENCE
4. Historically yes but i think Tony is ready to go on more pass paterns and do less pass blocking because Wille is back and the O-line is back in sync

I stand by my predicition
Chiefs 27
Donkeys 21

Calvert28 wrote:
He (Emmit Smith) was to this sport what Wyane Gretsky was to the NHL

LMAO
GWilhite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC is 16-0 in December since 1996 so this will be a tough game to pull out but the Broncs have been pulling out tough games most of this year (as recently as last Thursday). This does not look like the same Denver team of years past that falters down the stretch: the offense is efficient, the play calling is keeping opponents off balance, and the defense is getting pressure and turnovers. Sorry KC but your December winning streak ends this Sunday.

Broncos- 24
Chefs - 17
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcsteaks23 wrote:
My Title is better!!!

but in response to your remarks

1.playing for a bye yes, but I don't think plummer can play out of his head forever
2.5 first round picks yes but all have been MAJOR dissapointments but Pryce
3. We DID NOT HAVE WILLIE ROAF IN THE FIRST GAME!!!!! the best left tackle in football make an ENOURMOUS DIFFERENCE
4. Historically yes but i think Tony is ready to go on more pass paterns and do less pass blocking because Wille is back and the O-line is back in sync

I stand by my predicition
Chiefs 27
Donkeys 21

I like all of your points, but #2. Brown and Warren have done fantastic this year. Where they don't have a ton of sacks, they have a lot of pressures and hurries that are getting quarterbacks uneasy and causing interceptions. From the games I've watched, it's Courtney and Gerard who are in the backfield most of the time when the picks are being thrown due to the pressure, not Trevor.

This is going to be an extremely close game. I think Shanahan knows the importance of this game, basically a "Win and we're in scenario!" which would be quite awesome. If Kansas City loses here, I think they're eliminated, because I ultimately think that San Diego will trounce them when they meet up again. So it'll be a tough game for each team.

Toughest game of the year right here. Probably one of the best too.

Where you're awesome in December, the Broncos have a really solid team this year. We all know Johson can run, but we all know that the superb running backs the Broncos faced this year could run too, so I have a hard time seeing a big performance by Larry on the ground. *knock on wood* I think it'll come up to Green finding his receivers and hoping Gonzalez can get the job done.

It'll be an awesome game, but hopefully Denver can win.

Denver 24, Kansas City 17.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah SD will TROUNCE US in Arrowhead LOL Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and on the d-line none but Pryce have produced at all until this year so SO FAR they have been major dissapointments
I think KC will put some preesure on Plummer and force him into a couple bad throws.

Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game!!!

Calvert28 wrote:

LMAO
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcsteaks23 wrote:
and on the d-line none but Pryce have produced at all until this year so SO FAR they have been major dissapointments

i don't blame you for not watching any broncos games, but don't act like you have. brown has been our best d-linemen this year, and warren has been playing pretty good as well. but last thursday was the most i had seen of ekuban this year and he dominated when he was in. i couldn't believe how well he played. they have exceeded all of the fans' expectations.

my prediction, d-weezy returns a punt for a TD but it's not enough. tynes makes a field goal with less than a minute left and the D hangs on.

KC 27
Denver 24
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok what I am trying to say about the D-linemen is that in CLEVELAND they never produced i know they have played incredible this year. I am not trying to take anything away from what they have done this year but they have never produced before this year.

I think if D-Weezy (does he go 10-100 on the field all the time Question Question Question Very Happy ) returns one for a TD the X-Factor will too. that would be very exciting.

MAN I CAN"T WAIT TO CRUSH YOU GUYS

Calvert28 wrote:

LMAO
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcsteaks23 wrote:
yeah SD will TROUNCE US in Arrowhead LOL Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I think KC will put some preesure on Plummer and force him into a couple bad throws.

Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game!!!

San Diego in my eyes is a better team and could beat you at Arrowhead.

kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD might beat us but you said and i quote " I ultimately think that San Diego will trounce them"
they will not "TROUNCE" us they might beat us but i guarentee they don't beat us by more that 10

Calvert28 wrote:

LMAO
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here is my take.
When the Broncos run: Is there a RB that cant succeed in denver (beside clarett). Denver is without a doubt the most prolific running team in the NFL. Tatum Bell and Mike anderson are both on pace to become only the forth set of backs in NFL history to go over 1000 yards in a season. add in ron dayne who has come through in the clutch to help secure two wins and Denver looks to be set at HB. the broncos have not rushed for less than 120 yards since week two (including 4 games with 200+) they will however be facing a tough run D in the Chiefs who rank #5 in the nfl against the run giving up 88.2 yards per game and 3.9 yards per carry. allthough denver ran for 221 yards in thier first meeting, KC has not allowed more than 101 yards on the ground since (they did this twice, one against the skins and again against the raiders) Edge: Denver

When the Chiefs run: Larry Johnson has proven that the chiefs will be in good hands in the post Priest era (and has also broken the Penn St. RB curse) allthough limited to 13 yards on 8 atts the first time these two teams faced he has gone over 100 yards in each of the last three games. the return of Willie Roaf has had a lot to do with the balance this team has shown over the past few games. unfortunately they will be facing the #1 run Defense in the league a unit who has allowed only 79.1 yards per game. in fact they have only allowed 2 teams to rush for over 100 yards (the Redskins and the dolphins) Edge: Denver

When the Broncos pass: Jake plummer has been the model of consistancy this season. Despite throwing 1 int last week Jake Plummer still leads the league in TD:INT ration and has the least #of ints for a QB with at least 100 passes. He has taken every snap this season for the Broncos.the Broncos are 20th in yards per game and 24th in pass attempts per game but are 11th in yards per att with 6.81yards/att . they have only allowed 14 sacks this season second fewest in the NFL. Jake is completing 61.3%of his passes. they will be facing a KC secondary that has been targeted often this season, with limited success. the chiefs have allowed only 58.1 % of opponents passes to be completed. allthough ranking in the bottom 5 in pass attempts against and yards allowed they are ranked 16th in yards per pass att with 6.63 yards/att. they have only intercepted the ball 10 times this season making them tied for 16th. Edge: Even

i have to go give my kid a bath ill finish the rest later
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to say GREAT GAME!!! As always a tight game against the Donkeys. Down to the last play again

Good Game

Calvert28 wrote:

LMAO
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an awesome game. Thanks for having some class. Had Plummer not thrown that INT in the endzone, I think it'd of turned out differently. Looks like we'll have to win atleast two of the last four to get the division and hope KC and San Diego wear eachother out.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was i the only one who thot that reversal of the plummer run was a bunch of BS? i mean it didn't matter at all, but when his knee actually hit the ground, the ball was in for sure.

and as for the rest of it, ferguson sucks, i want laron landry. and i think we caught a glimpse of the old jake plummer trying to come out. also i thot the chiefs got away with a few holding non-calls that cost us a few first downs and LJ's second TD, but i'm sure i only see the ones that go against us, so i won't put anything into that.

but i'll just throw in one big DAMMIT! Crying or Very sad
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denver got away with some holding calls as well, moreso than holding for Kansas City, I thought illegal blocks in the back, but I can't say that's the reason we lost. We easily left 10 points on the board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: