You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clarence Moore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Clarence Moore Reply with quote

i've never seen anyone fall as hard as he has this season. all offseason, the only thing we ever heard about Clarence Moore was how hard he was working, how he never left Baltimore so that he could work out and bulk up. All we heard about was how he was gonna be a star. Moore was playing amazing during training camp if reports are correct and thanks to Clayton's holdout, Moore was the No. 2 reciever, behind Mason, to start the season.

So what have we gotten from Clarence? absolutely nothing. Moore has caught all of 3 passes, for 59 yards, this entire year. He has been inactive for 7 games. It's actually quite embarressing. We all, me included, thought he was gonna be a star. His 6'6 frame is still dangerous in the red zone, but it doesn't matter, because he drops every pass that comes his way. Moore was the reason Ozzie did not go after Plaxico Burress this offseason. He said they already had a Plaxico-type reciever in Moore. The expectations were really piled onto the 6th round pick in 2004, his 4 TD's led the team in '04, but he hasn't lived up to the hype this year. he is still rail-thin and doesn't look like he'll ever bulk up enough to fill his enormous frame, and he can't catch a ball to save his life. the kid has got potential, but i don't think it will ever get tapped. i don't wanna wait on a project for too long. My personal opinion on Clarence Moore? release him, and put him on the practice squad. teach him how to catch. He is useless on the 1st team, he isn't an NFL caliber reciever yet. what do you guys think?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, im just as dissapointed in him as you are this season. He just disapeared. Its not like he doesnt have talent, he just has no confidence and while he always seems to play well in practice, he doesnt play well if at all in games. Maybe he just doesnt have the mental toughness. I dont think he has much of a problem catching passes, he showed he was good hands late last season, I think his problem is more with his lack of physical play and an overall lack of concentration. He just seems too raw and unrefined. His lack of concentration leads to inconsistancy. A little bit of Travis-Taylor-itis: make 1 big catch, drop the next 2. When you get pushed down, you get up and push back, you dont stay down and get stomped as Moore did when he faced problems. He just kept sinking deeper and deeper. He is going to really need to work hard on his game in the offseason, or he probably wont be around much longer.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, good taylor comparison. Ive seen moore make the circus catch last year, but hes also made some huge drops on easy catches like he has this season. One reason that hes remained inactive i think is the continued improvement of hymes. Hymes is providing a solid option for us imo.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billick is an idiot when it comes to Moore. This same thing happened to Hymes last year, he got in Billick's doghouse and didn't get playing time. When Hymes filled in for Taylor when he was injured, he played great. One of the things ESPN discussed in the off season is why Hymes got benched when Taylor returned, its because Billick is way too stubborn.

Moore is our most talented WR. He was responsible for one drop in the first game of the season against the Colts, he "dropped" another one in that game where he had to jump 2 feet in the air and tipped it, but did not catch it. Since Boller is Billick's boy, Moore was responsible. Moore's only drop was at the end of the first half of the Indy game, and since that game he has rarely seen the field.

Its funny, all offseason, Billick AND Newsome said Moore was the most improved player they have ever coached/seen in one offseason. Add to that he had a very strong second half of the year last year (when he got playing time), and we were all expecting big things.

Its a shame Billick benched him because of a few drops, but Hymes had to deal with this [inappropriate/removed] last year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: