You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A little time to jell was the solution

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: A little time to jell was the solution Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5749560.html

Quote:
"I believe they realized when they were 2-5, your back is to the wall, you've got to rise up to the occasion," said Fazio, a former Vikings defensive coordinator whom the team brought back as a consultant in October. "I think these guys are tired of getting beaten down, you know what I mean.

"They're a lot better then their record. It takes a while, you know, for these free-agent guys like Pat Williams, Darren Sharper and others to jell, and that's what's happened. Now they're playing with more confidence, plus the fact that the offense is getting first downs, they're taking advantage of things, special teams, so it's a big team effort by everybody."
bama_viking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^and it couldn't have come at a better time...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a matter of time before the team came together........We are so used to seeing quick starts from the Vikings and then dissappear, this year the vikes had a rough start and are on a roll right before the playoffs.
MacRapalicous8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: A little time to jell was the solution Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5749560.html

Quote:
"I believe they realized when they were 2-5, your back is to the wall, you've got to rise up to the occasion," said Fazio, a former Vikings defensive coordinator whom the team brought back as a consultant in October. "I think these guys are tired of getting beaten down, you know what I mean.

"They're a lot better then their record. It takes a while, you know, for these free-agent guys like Pat Williams, Darren Sharper and others to jell, and that's what's happened. Now they're playing with more confidence, plus the fact that the offense is getting first downs, they're taking advantage of things, special teams, so it's a big team effort by everybody."

It cant be said beter than that

Mossburg wrote:
Adrian is an idiot.
nickelpete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the big disadvantages of trying to have a big makeover on a team using free agents--it always seems to take time for players to realize their role and what to expect from themselves and their teammates...

Speaking of "a little time to jell" if you put jello mix in a toilet with a little dry ice it can have very humorous results...
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
It was only a matter of time before the team came together........We are so used to seeing quick starts from the Vikings and then dissappear, this year the vikes had a rough start and are on a roll right before the playoffs.

^ my prediction back in preseason

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: