Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Hasselbeck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like this scenarion?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

bonack42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Matt Hasselbeck Reply with quote

Just a small thought. If Favre does deside to retire this seems a lock to happen as our QB of the future. I have a strong feeling that this is what Brett is trying to determine right now with the Packer's front office. What are the best options for the team, Brett is that type of player and though I don't want to see him retire at all. This scenerio would play out nicely with Matt Hasselbeck back in Green & Gold. What do you guys think? Brett I feel also realizes that his salary is strapping the organization right now too and could take a pay cut which would be nice. Happy Reading! Very Happy
phoerig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: F Hasselback Reply with quote

I have two issues with Hasselback...

1. He's the definition of a polished turd at the position; he performs OK in a West Coast Offense but will never be anything more then average in my mind.

2. I'm in the camp that is still pissed about his guarantee at Lambeau in OT in the playoffs. Confidence is a good thing... but so is respect; I took that crap as a sign of disrespect...

Throw in the fact he'll command a horrendous salary given his talent and he can be someone else's problem.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: hassel...... yes that's what it be to get him in here Reply with quote

like the man above says he's gonna have a huge cap number and we just can't handle anything like that. however i do like what you said about Favre taking a pay cut. you always here him say that he wants to do whats best for the team well making something like 10 million for some time now should enable him to come down some. not that he should because of his play but because of how much it could help the team.

i liked the way drew brees played last year. he also showed a hell of a lot of character after being drafted into top QB draft hell. being drafted as a first round quarterback out of san diego had one hell of a stigma with Mr. Leaf and Mannings fiascos. Brees doesn't really have the arm but i'm pretty sure he could through the screen pretty well. just not to sure what kind of cap number he's gonna have either.

where is all of our cap at? i know brett, KGB, Hunt, and sharper are taking up a lot of it but who else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS for our cap i'm not sure where you could find that maybe @ ESPN.com or Packers.com as for our major cap hits this off-season it goes Wahle, Favre, Sharper. We've also got to look at the fact that if Farve leaves the hit we'd get by signing Hasselbeck isn't going to matter. Another thing is as any true Packer fan would say in this league of today there isn't a quaterback that could step in with the PAckers and make us forget about Farve ....... currently Hasselbeck is the closest thing and as for his demeanor on and off that field that's not an issue, in that playoff game Brett himself said that was Matt having the good natured fun of the game. He knows the packers well and would be a perfect fit with no down time for learing a new system as Brees would have. Hasselbeck for '05!
muskyman66

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Not another Holmgren clone QB Reply with quote

Umph!! Let's see what has Hasselbeck really done in Seatle not alot 2 ok years 1 playoff appearance and could not even beat the lowly OLD rams just sad, Makes me wonder how bad he might have played if he didn't have Alexander to open things up for him? Sad Now on the other hand Drew Brees is 4 years younger and is just coming into his prime. Just think with the running game and the wide receivers he would have in GB and a offence that is suited for a QB that does not have to have hugh arm strenght and a offensive line that is one of the best in pass protection I think you have a perfect fit. Very Happy Lets face it know body will ever take Brett Favre's place and all others will be compared to him Exclamation GO PACK GO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: