Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tony G.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyanho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Tony G. Reply with quote

I don't know about anybody else, but starting last season I've really started to dislike this guy. I think it all started when he was on the Bud hot seat on ESPN. It just seems to me that he's starting to get a very big ego, then watching him in the Pro Bowl skills challenge and goes out there without shoes on and doesn't even try....

I for one would actually like to see us try and move him this year, the cap hit wouldn't be all too much, there would be plenty of teams that would kill to have him, and we need the players on D or first round picks.

I know he's probably the best TE that has played in the league since what's his name from the Donkeys, but what if he starts to become a problem and starts to slack off like he did 2 years ago saying we wasn't a big enough part of the offense. Cause lets face it, we have two running backs to make happy as well.

Jason Dunn is in my opinion in the top 3 blocking tight ends in football, Kris Wilson is a huge body that is very athletic, I don't think we'd suffer that much.

Just my opinion though.

Tony G. for Detroits #10 and a 3rd rounder??
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can't let tony leave, that would be crazy. He will go down as the greatest TE ever. The red sox shouldn't have traded Ruth, and we shouldn't trade Tony G. The pro bowl is not the serious the man had to shoes and then hurt his hand, so he stopped. After last season I don't he will ever complain about not being invovled in the offense. As for his ego, he is the best at what he does, nobody is as good as he is. So ofcourse he is going to have an ego, I would to. Atleast its not a Keyshawn Johnson ego.

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Tony G. is released or traded, and if he's like Babe Ruth (as somebody implied), the Chiefs will then win a Super Bowl in...87 years...

Not likely IMO. You don't cut the best TE in the game.

-Raiden
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Tony Gonzalez would be devasting to our passing game. His presence covers for the fact that our WRs are mediocre at best. Eddie Kennison is, at best, a number two wideout on most NFL teams and Johnny Morton isn't even a starter.

I didn't see or hear what you did. I've never heard anything but good things said about this guy. If he carries a swagger, it's because he's the best.

As for goofing off in a NFL skills competition, I have two words for you. Robert Edwards. The entire Pro-Bowl festivities are a joke. I don't blame any player from blowing them off. Why risk injury?
T-RICH49

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Tony G. Reply with quote

kyanho wrote:
I don't know about anybody else, but starting last season I've really started to dislike this guy. I think it all started when he was on the Bud hot seat on ESPN. It just seems to me that he's starting to get a very big ego, then watching him in the Pro Bowl skills challenge and goes out there without shoes on and doesn't even try....

I for one would actually like to see us try and move him this year, the cap hit wouldn't be all too much, there would be plenty of teams that would kill to have him, and we need the players on D or first round picks.

I know he's probably the best TE that has played in the league since what's his name from the Donkeys, but what if he starts to become a problem and starts to slack off like he did 2 years ago saying we wasn't a big enough part of the offense. Cause lets face it, we have two running backs to make happy as well.

Jason Dunn is in my opinion in the top 3 blocking tight ends in football, Kris Wilson is a huge body that is very athletic, I don't think we'd suffer that much.

Just my opinion though.

Tony G. for Detroits #10 and a 3rd rounder??

HELL NO

RIP DT 1/1/67 - 2/8/00 Always Buckle Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: