Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

alex smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullitt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: alex smith Reply with quote

would the bucs pass on alex smith if he would be available at 5 and the bucs picked up alexander?
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, i never thought of that but i would love if that happened.
krycek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB isn't a priotity and i don't think our salary cap permit us to sign alexander.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why all you Buc's fans think you need a QB. From what I've heard, Griese had a good year. Plus, he has some good recievers to throw to. I think the biggest need for Tampa is to draft o-line. Maybe sign Walter Jones if you can. Look for a trade down on draft day if the Buc's have already grabbed a running back in free agency. I could be wrong about all of this. I'm a Packer's fan, and don't pay much atention to the Bucs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is there I say take him and don't sign Griese. Take his cap money and use this as a rebuilding year to get in a better cap situation. If we do not resign Griese we are probably going to be picking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd anyways. Might as well get one of the best, but if we do get a QB in the later rounds I like J. Cambell.
tdfast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he's an elite enough prospect to pass up all the other talent avaiable at #5 ie. Cadillac, Mike Williams, DJ, Edwards. Gruden wouldn't do it because he thinks Simms can start, which I don't totally disagree with. Plus Greise's good enough or Warner or Garcia for now. We have bigger fish to fry than picking up a QB who doesn't even warrant Top Five consideration.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex SMith is overrated and I can't possibly se the Bucc's screwing up that bad by drafting him with much bigger needs in the depth chart. Drafting a wide out will give Simms and excellent target, the best being Mike Williams, or the Bucc's should draft one of the three top running backs to take presure of Simms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: