Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets in the long run
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Jets first round pick in the 2006 Draft?
QB Vince Young: Texas
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
QB Matt Leinart: USC
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
QB Marcus Vick: Virginia Tech
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RB Reggie Bush: USC
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
RB DeAngelo Williams: Memphis
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
OT Eric Winston: Miami
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

speedkillz33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will not trade abraham that guy is arguably the biggest playmaker we have, exception maybe vilma. Ellis also will not be traded because of his contract situation. the jets front office is to in love with pennington to not give him one last shot. I think we get rid of Barret start miller ,law, and have strait play nickel. with coleman and the rookie rhodes are secondary looks good. we need to pick up a DT through FA i dont know who is available but we need someone who has proved themself in the league. Cotchery doesnt seem to have wat it takes to be the third wr so my mock draft will go as follows
1st - Bush
2nd- Chad Jackson florida wr
3rd- OT hopefully we pick up someone in FA because this is also a position that u should have people who have proven themselves
3rd- if we dont get an OT - Reggie Mcneal certainly will still be available, but people need to understand that he had his 2 starting wr's gone for the season after week 4 or something like that, he had his starting rb out for alot of games, hell u put matt leinart in that situation and he wont do good.
4th-LB we need some depth in case of an injury like this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12-4 is a push. I think if bradway makes ALL the right moves the jets will be a winning team and i dont want to make predictions yet. But it starts with the QB and then the RB positions. Since there under a tight cap if they make the right cuts they could be rolling again under the cap. Im talking martin, sowell, fabini, law, legree, and reed.

If they can trade any of these guys then i think they should

as far as trades go, ellis is signed so it would be a cap hit if gets traded. HE solid though but i agree hes the odd man out. Abraham could be nice though. I think the jets could get a 1st round pick and maybe a 2nd or 3rd. It all depends on bradway, whether he has the guts to get the absolute most for his players.

This offseason is all on him.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is so scary

I have been searching far and wide for a Jets fan forum.
You guys are so intelligent and on the point. I thought i was the only one.

1) It is true Terry Bradway is the problem not Herm Edwards.
I dont need to repeat all the bonehead mistakes this guy has made. But the Jolley blunder is the last straw. Jets need new front office management or we are doomed to playoff elimination.

But to digress his mistakes can be rectified or corrected.

We all know the problems on the Offensive line. however with the 3rd pick (and we will be drafting 3rd) You have to go with DAngelo Williams even if Reggie Bush is available. Dangelo is the best pure heavy duty back in the draft. He wont miss in the NFL i guarentee it.

The offensvie linemen prospects are very deep in this draft we can grab a tackle or center in the 2nd round.

As absurd as it still sounds we need Defensive tackle to plug the middle. Terry Bradway made a small mistake trading our two first rounders for DeWayne Robertson. The Scouts say they see improvement in him, all i see is a Huge DT getting pushed around most of the time (Non Factor). He rarely gets a the QB nor make big plays.

I would go with a DT in the 3rd round.

I would cut
Pennington (or restructure and become a backup)
Martin ( restructure)
Fabini
J Reed
legree
chrebet
Bryan Thomas
Doug Jolley
Barrett

That will leave enough room to sign Dangelo Williams and all the help we will need next year.

The only problem with getting Williams is that it certainly rules out Leniart.

When all is said an done if the Jets can get
1)Dangelo Williams or a gamebraker running back
2)Jets need to target Phillip Rivers. without giving up their first round pick

This will be extremely difficult to do. I doubt Bradway has the brains to do this make a deal for rivers. Rivers is worth a 2nd round pick not a first round pick. But in all likelyhood the chargers will dupe the jets into giving up their first rounder for Rivers. If this happens we lose out on drafting Dangelo Williams. We must not give up our early pick. Only if we are trading up for the first pick.

a top ranked Offensive tackle
Defensive Tackle with strong upside
Linebacker depth with specials teams will also help the team next year.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about it. Why don't we trade Barton or Hobson to the Texans to trade up and get Matt Leinart since the Texans run D sucks and Mark Brown is more than capable of being the starter. And then what about trading Abraham to the Chargers and getting one of their O Lineman and their later first round pick. With that pick we get LenDale White. That way we fill 3 offensive needs relatively quickly. Of course there will be flaws with this plan and by April the draft order and team needs will be different.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know y u all are so eager to trade abraham, the guy is a playmaker are defense is set and we dont need to mess with it. we should have a top 5 pick and draft a rb in the first and depending on wat we do in FA draft a qb,wr, or OT in the second round.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeFootball05 wrote:
I've been thinking about it. Why don't we trade Barton or Hobson to the Texans to trade up and get Matt Leinart since the Texans run D sucks and Mark Brown is more than capable of being the starter. And then what about trading Abraham to the Chargers and getting one of their O Lineman and their later first round pick. With that pick we get LenDale White. That way we fill 3 offensive needs relatively quickly. Of course there will be flaws with this plan and by April the draft order and team needs will be different.

Texans will never trade thier pick for either Barton or Hobson. Neither are worth a first round pick
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the Jets...

First off if anyone even considers getting rid of Shaun Ellis I will personally find you and smack you Very Happy

When Abraham was having a bad 2003 Ellis played unbelievably and the fact is that Ellis is more consistent even if he isn't as explosive. He also got a big contract from the Jets organization so he isn't going anywhere. This was just this last year he got his big deal! He's not going anywhere so to suggest it would be horrible! We can re-sign Abraham and our defense is pretty solid we just need a DT to solidify the front seven.

Anyway as for the offense, I agree Pennington deserves one more season for the Jets. We need to take a QB in the 3rd or beyond just as depth and motivation to Pennington. We also absolutely need Martin's heir as well as a revamped O-line. The offense starts and ends with the offensive line. That is the most important aspect. Without it everything falls apart.

This off-season...

Cut Fabini, plain and simple. He costs too much and he is too old and his knee injury will probably do him in for the long run. If we can get D'Brick Ferguson we need to get him. He'd go to LT and Jones can move back to RT his natural position. Brandon Moore is a good one and he can stay without question. I think in the 2nd we need Mike DeGory so that Mawae can tutor him and that way when Mawae retires DeGory can step in and play good football. As for Pete Kendall, I wouldn't mind letting him stay on another year. He isn't playing exceptionally bad, but not great.

Anyway I think the Jets (most likely going to finish 3-13 or 4-12) should take

I think our draft board of who our top choices would be should look like this...

1. Reggie Bush
2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3. Haloti Ngata
4. DeAngelo Williams
5. Joe Thomas
6. Matt Leinart (only if Pennington takes a pay cut!)
7. Eric Winston
8. Rodrique Wright
9. Laurence Maroney
10. Jesse Mahelona
11. Mike DeGory
12. Michael Bush
13. Jarrett Hicks
14. Greg Eslinger
15. Gabe Watson
16. Davin Joseph
17. Will Allen
18. Samson Satale
19. Mike Bell
20. Brodie Croyle
21. Reggie McNeal (convert him to WR DEFINITELY, runs a 4.28 40)
22. Justin Blalock

Something along those lines...

I would really like to get Grady Jackson from GB during Free Agency to fill the DT need. Then we could go almost completley offense come draft day. We could go after o-line in the 2nd and 3rd and pick a future to Martin in the 1st. I honestly feel that we should get a DT to solidify our defense in the 1st only if it is Ngata. I mean, if we solidify the defense we can go straight for the offense. I mean think about this...

Abraham and Ellis (great compliments, explosiveness and consistency)
Robertson and Ngata/Jackson (great size to eat up blockers, would be Vilma's best friends)
Hobson, Vilma, and Barton (when healthy Barton is great, Vilma is the next Ray-Ray, and Hobson is coming into his own)
Law, Barrett, Strait, Miller (Law is old but playing great, Barrett is a good veteran player, Strait is the next Mickens, and Miller in the dime could be all right)
Coleman and Rhodes at safety (Coleman was DROTY eligible last year but he was on the same team as Vilma, shame for him, and Rhodes is making a strong case this year for DROTY)
Nugent will come into his own
Ben Graham will be a good one even as a rookie at like 31 Very Happy
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
it is so scary

I have been searching far and wide for a Jets fan forum.
You guys are so intelligent and on the point. I thought i was the only one.

1) It is true Terry Bradway is the problem not Herm Edwards.
I dont need to repeat all the bonehead mistakes this guy has made. But the Jolley blunder is the last straw. Jets need new front office management or we are doomed to playoff elimination.

But to digress his mistakes can be rectified or corrected.

We all know the problems on the Offensive line. however with the 3rd pick (and we will be drafting 3rd) You have to go with DAngelo Williams even if Reggie Bush is available. Dangelo is the best pure heavy duty back in the draft. He wont miss in the NFL i guarentee it.

The offensvie linemen prospects are very deep in this draft we can grab a tackle or center in the 2nd round.

As absurd as it still sounds we need Defensive tackle to plug the middle. Terry Bradway made a small mistake trading our two first rounders for DeWayne Robertson. The Scouts say they see improvement in him, all i see is a Huge DT getting pushed around most of the time (Non Factor). He rarely gets a the QB nor make big plays.

I would go with a DT in the 3rd round.

I would cut
Pennington (or restructure and become a backup)
Martin ( restructure)
Fabini
J Reed
legree
chrebet
Bryan Thomas
Doug Jolley
Barrett

That will leave enough room to sign Dangelo Williams and all the help we will need next year.

The only problem with getting Williams is that it certainly rules out Leniart.

When all is said an done if the Jets can get
1)Dangelo Williams or a gamebraker running back
2)Jets need to target Phillip Rivers. without giving up their first round pick

This will be extremely difficult to do. I doubt Bradway has the brains to do this make a deal for rivers. Rivers is worth a 2nd round pick not a first round pick. But in all likelyhood the chargers will dupe the jets into giving up their first rounder for Rivers. If this happens we lose out on drafting Dangelo Williams. We must not give up our early pick. Only if we are trading up for the first pick.

a top ranked Offensive tackle
Defensive Tackle with strong upside
Linebacker depth with specials teams will also help the team next year.

Ok...Chrebet will retire, Pennington can't be cut or we'll be in salary cap hell, and the same goes for Martin. Pennington's contract will be restructured and as for Martin he will be retiring soon.

Barrett is a good corner but he's been picked on this season a lot because Ty Law is so good at blanketing his side of the field. Plus Barrett has been battling an assortment of injuries, most recently his eye.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen boys, how could you saay cut david barrett. Have you watched that kid play corner. He jams better then anyone at the line, and can tackle even better then lawm, and isnt eating up the salarey cap. Law is going to get cut hes too expensive and he can't tackle. thats just a fact. And i dont know fi you remember but LT completely broke his ankles. MIller over LAw not barrett, barrett has been nothing but a good sport and after the 2004 playoff lose to PIttsburg Bill Cowher said he was th best corner theyve seen all year. Theres no way you can cut youth and talent for old and expensive. Law has been mister INT this year and i love that but if we want to save cap room it def. starts with him in terms of the conrer back position.

And i think abraham will get traded. YEah he is amazing thers is no question, but we cannot afford him and ellis, and guess what, ellis is under contract. Abraham loves it here and loves herm but with Bryan Thomas a former first round pick sitting on the edge of the benh waiting for a chance to start, Jets have no choice. They have to get the most they can for him, and im talking a 1st and maybe 2nd round pick, abraham is that good.

As far as Pennington and Martin go, they need to have restructured contractes and have there salaries cut in half. Thats the only choice thy have, otherwise its just going to be another bad year next year because they cant afford anyone. Abraham and Law just have to go. The cap room will be so much better just after those 2 going.

You can quote me or whatever but i am garenteeing that:
1) Jets tag abraham THEN trade Abraham
2) Martin and Penningtons contracts are restructred, or at least attempted to get restructured.
3) Sowell is gone
4) Chrebet is gone
5) Law is gone
6) Fabini is gone

then they will have cap room, and can start the rebuidling process
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then who do we go after?

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Listen boys, how could you saay cut david barrett. Have you watched that kid play corner. He jams better then anyone at the line, and can tackle even better then lawm, and isnt eating up the salarey cap. Law is going to get cut hes too expensive and he can't tackle. thats just a fact. And i dont know fi you remember but LT completely broke his ankles. MIller over LAw not barrett, barrett has been nothing but a good sport and after the 2004 playoff lose to PIttsburg Bill Cowher said he was th best corner theyve seen all year. Theres no way you can cut youth and talent for old and expensive. Law has been mister INT this year and i love that but if we want to save cap room it def. starts with him in terms of the conrer back position.

And i think abraham will get traded. YEah he is amazing thers is no question, but we cannot afford him and ellis, and guess what, ellis is under contract. Abraham loves it here and loves herm but with Bryan Thomas a former first round pick sitting on the edge of the benh waiting for a chance to start, Jets have no choice. They have to get the most they can for him, and im talking a 1st and maybe 2nd round pick, abraham is that good.

As far as Pennington and Martin go, they need to have restructured contractes and have there salaries cut in half. Thats the only choice thy have, otherwise its just going to be another bad year next year because they cant afford anyone. Abraham and Law just have to go. The cap room will be so much better just after those 2 going.

You can quote me or whatever but i am garenteeing that:
1) Jets tag abraham THEN trade Abraham
2) Martin and Penningtons contracts are restructred, or at least attempted to get restructured.
3) Sowell is gone
4) Chrebet is gone
5) Law is gone
6) Fabini is gone

then they will have cap room, and can start the rebuidling process

u can quote me on this we will not trade abraham, he is a big part to are success i know people say that one guy cant make that big of difference but he does and i guarantee we have no chance at a superbowl without him.Therefore there is no way pennington and martin take a pay cut if they get rid of abraham because they will know that the jets are trying to rebuild and that they dont want to win now. In my opinon are team is ready to win now so we keep abraham, pennington and martin take pay cuts and we draft reggie bush in the first, OT DT or WR in the second round depending on FA. My personal opinion would be to solve are linemen needs in FA because we need proven guys in those positions, wr is the easiest position to pick up in the nfl. so we can pick up a guy like chad jackson , jarret hicks, or sinorice moss. Then we draft Brady Quinn or Drew Stanton in next years draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: