Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How have our past 3 drafts been?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How have our past 3 drafts been?
Excellent
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Good
41%
 41%  [ 14 ]
Average
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
Mediocre
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Poor
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: How have our past 3 drafts been? Reply with quote

People Drafted who are producing:

Roy Williams: Pro-Bowler- The best run-stuffing, hard-hitting safety in the league

Terrence Newman: Likely future Pro-Bowler: Was beat on occasion, but picked it up in a BIG way at the end of the season. With more pressure on the QB, Newman could make 6 to 8 INTs next year.

Jason Witten: Pro-Bowler- Had the best season of any Cowboy TE EVER, need i say more?

Al Johnson: Possible Pro-Bowler- Had a huge season, and might have even made Pro-Bowl, had he not missed his rookie season with an injury

Julius Jones: Future star at RB- Was on pace to rush for over 1800 yards and 16 TDs, had he played the full 16 games. Will likely be a 1500 yard rusher next year.

Antonio Bryant: Had some huge games for Cleveland, would be a big threat if he hadn't thrown a Jersey at BP

Players with a chance to succeed:

Drew Henson: Ya ok, he's from this draft, but he was a rookie last year, so it's like we drafted him last year. Word is the coaches and players really like this guy. Possible next Aikman?

Patrick Crayton/Terrence Copper: Both had a few moments of brilliance, and 1 will make the team as a 5th reciever most likely. The one that makes the team could have a bright future as a 3rd reciever.

Stephen Peterman: He would be our starting RG had he not been hurt. Tons of upside, lets see if he can bounce back as well as Al Johnson did.

Jacob Rogers: He's injured and is losing strength because he can't lift. Maybe in one year he could come in and contribute.

Bruce Thornton: We will see if he can be a CB in this league, when he gets his chance as a buckup to an FA corner on the right side. We will also see him in Nickel or Dime packages.

Pete Hunter: Has not contributed well at all. His last chance is if he is moved to safety, which might not be a bad idea. He might be better facing the QB rather than chacing a CB down the field.

These are just the facts, and IMO, we have done a VERY good job these past 3 years in drafting. I think another good draft is a probability.
cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you always hate on Pete Hunter
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha c=b, i put him on the list of a possible producer just for you!, but i will never accept him as a CB, but i did say he has a chance at FS, just for you
Soup Nazi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally like pete hunter and i think he looked good when he played. but thats my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sure seems like I'm alone in thinking he played HORRIBLE, well, at least on this website, everyone i know in person agrees with me
SilverStar

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
it sure seems like I'm alone in thinking he played HORRIBLE, well, at least on this website, everyone i know in person agrees with me

WHEN did he play horrible, he didn't even have a chance to play HORRIBLE this year. In the games he did play(2.1), he had an interception and 6 tackles. You also have to take into account that the only teams he played against this year were the Vikings and the browns both of which have shown they CAN put up points. NYFTB you are talking out of your [inappropriate/removed], cuz you have nothing to base your opinion off of. His first two years he was the nickel corner and still played better than mario edwards as far as tackles and ints/play goes. He hasn't even had a chance to show whether he can be the no2 corner, and certainly doesn't deserve to be written off of that position. SHUT UP UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, not to bring this up in another topic which I'm doing anyways, but he seems to be doing that in a lot of topics Very Happy
denjenn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should really only be looking at the last two drafts...they are the ones that Parcells is been involved with and gives us more of a marker on what to expect.

BTW, I like Hunter too. I think if we can get a pass rush, replace Woodson at safety that Hunter could be a very good player for us at CB.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put good; you guys have some really great players in the making and it should only get better after this year; however for the longest time you've been getting draft picks up in the higher slots in the first round so the likelihood of you getting a great player goes in your favor.

Good on you guys.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
szr321

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys you must remember in 1997 who our Coach was. It was Gailey, so you cant really base your opinions on what Big Bill has done in 2 seasons. I think he has done a hellva lot better drafting than Switzer, Gailey, and Campo. 1997 Round 1 David LaFluer, 1998 Greg Ellis, 1999 Ebenezer Ekuban, 2000 None, 2001 None. What a bunch of busts expect Ellis. So in 2002 we take the Roy Williams aka(God of Thunder, Thor, The Hammer, TO Killer) 2003 Terrance Newman, 2004 we trade down and get JJ in Round 2. Its getting better and better ever year. I just wonder once Bill leaves who will be our next coach.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] you B2TB and BiggD, ive seen him play and he doesn't turn around to look for the ball and he doesn't try to make plays, he was horrible when he was playing. He has trouble tackling, i don't care what you say, cuz obviously u didn't see him get a piggyback ride in Preseason from Andre Johnson for 10 yards. And because i think Hunter is a horrible CB means im talking out of my [inappropriate/removed]? u stupid idot, i know people who think he's horrible. He's bassically the comic releif of the team, if you want to see a CB doing something stupid, just look at Pete. Thats how i feel, and i followed preseason last year, and it took him FOREVER to overtake Jameel Powell as the starting CB. Or do you not remember that? you don't know [inappropriate/removed]. Why do u think Parcells drafted a bunch of 7th round picks to back up Hunter? Because he knew a 7th round rookie wouldn't be a downgrade, but as it turns out, an RFA turned out to be an Upgrade.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, settle down please.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. No one's opinion is fact. If you want to disagree about things, then disagree, but no need to get emotional over such a minor issue like Pete Hunter's play in 2 games. There are more important things to be concerned about.

So, chill out everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: