Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Packers Offseason Reply with quote

I've been reading some people Packer's offseasons and now I want to get my two cents in.

1. Favre- I'm sure that everyone knows, but if Favre retires, look for the Pack to have a top ten draft pick next season. If Favre stays, we needn't worry, and we can try for another Super Bowl.

If he does leave, however, I would really like it if we could somehow convince Drew Brees to play for us. I think that we would have a better chance at getting Hasselback, but I have a feeling that he will resign with Seattle. We might be able to land Brees, however. Nobody else really needs a quarterback other than the Niners and Skins.

2. O-Line- I think that this is also dependant on if Favre stays or not. Both guards have been quoted saying that where they end up will depend on if Favre comes back or not. I think if Favre retires, Rivera will also retire, and Wahle will not take a pay cut and be released. If he comes back, Rivera will be resigned and stay until Favre retires, so they can retire together. Wahle will take a pay cut and stay if Favre comes back.

3. Running Backs- This is a pretty dark area. I can't really tell what will happen here. Many people are saying that Davenport or Green will be traded, but I see this as highly unlikely.Will all of the depth at running back in the draft and big name running backs in free agency, no team is going to want to give up and great players for our running backs. Nothing should happen here.

4. Recievers- The big question mark here is Bubba Franks. I do not know if he will stay or not. I think that the Packers would be smart to keep him, as he has never caused problems and wants to stay in Green Bay, but I could see him not getting resigned. If he left, which I doubt, we would probably make a move at Heath Miller in the draft and keep Aaron Kampman at starting end.

5. D-Line- The only thing that I think will happen here is that the Pack will grab a d-end in the draft. I'm going to guess that David Pollack will be the guy that we grab. I do think, though, that the coaching staff thinks Kampman is an adequate starter and will not draft a d-end first if another need arises.

6. Linebackers- There has been a lot of talk about getting a new middle linebacker, but I feel this is highly unlikely. Zach Thomas is not coming to Green Bay, no matter how much you would like him to. People have convinced me, though, that the Pack might, and that's a BIG might, grab Channing Crowder if he is available when we pick, and then move Barnett to outside backer to replacve Navies. I don't think anything will happen here though.

7 Other Moves- The Pack will let Bryan Barker walk. They will finally start B.J. Sander, like they should have this year.

The Pack might have tried to make a run at Donavin Darius. They would play him at SS and move Sharper to FS, but that closeline hit ruined his chances to come here.

I'm not going to put up a mock draft until free agency is over, so I can get a better idea of what we need. I will say though, that our first rounder will probably be David Pollack if Favre stays and Heath Miller if he goes.

Projected 2005 Line-Up: If Favre Stays

QB- Brett Favre
RB- Ahman Green
FB- William Henderson
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Donald Driver
TE- Bubba Franks
LT- Chad Clifton
LG- Mike Wahle
C- Mike Flanagan
RG- Marco Rivera
RT- Mark Tauscher

DE- Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
DE- David Pollack*
DT- Cledius Hunt
DT- Grady Jackson
OLB- Hannibal Navies
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- Na'il Diggs
FS- Mark Roman
SS- Darren Sharper
CB- Al Harris
CB- Ahmad Carroll

K- Ryan Longwell
P- B.J. Sander

Projected 2005 Line-Up: If Favre Retires

QB- Matt Hasselback
RB- Ahman Green
FB- William Henderson
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Donald Driver
TE- Heath Miller*
LT- Chad Clifton
LG- Grey Ruegamer
C- Mike Flanagan
RG- Mark Tauscher
RT- Kevin Barry

DE- Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
DE- Aaron Kampman
DT- Cledius Hunt
DT- Grady Jackson
OLB- Hannibal Navies
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- Na'il Diggs
FS- Mark Roman
SS- Darren Sharper
CB- Al Harris
CB- Ahmad Carroll

K- Ryan Longwell
P- B.J. Sander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not Farve stays there will be more changes on defense than you have. In no scenario do I see Navies or Roman back. It will also be very difficult to bring back both Wahl and Rivera much less Franks with those two. No doubt a lot will depend on how free agency works out but I like Crowder in the first round if he is there, Pollack, Miller, Spears, either Cody or Jones would all fit, depending on who falls. I do not think we should trade up involving any pick higher than a 3rd, a player in an area of depth maybe though (like Davenport)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: