Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

where where all you die hard patriots fans before bledsoe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sox2004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: where where all you die hard patriots fans before bledsoe Reply with quote

one thing i cant stand is people on a bandwagon..man,i live in the heart of red sox nation,and thats what it always was,the pats were always a afterthought,now everywhere i go and everything i read,its about the patriots..hey,to all you rel pats fans that watched grogan go 3 and 13 every year,this aint about you,im happy for you..but the rest of you are frauds
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I live in georgia and hate the Patriots and all of a sudden everyone has Tom Brady's Jersey. It's funny oh yeah they all had Steelers crap on too
RD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a Patriot fan since the selection of Bledsoe. Im still a Bledsoe fan.

I've been posting on the internet since about 96/97, and every board Ive been on, has had a ton of Pttriot posters, from all over the nation. The Patriots didn't really become popular, or winners, until we changed into 2000.

But, of course, no matter what sport it is, you're going to see people jumping on the bandwagon. It's just the casual sports fan that doesnt care enough about that particular sport to be die hard, and just goes with the team that is talked about most. I wouldnt consider that type of fan a part of the fan base.
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live dead in the red sox nation, and yeah, I can see what your saying. but ever since the patriots took that gambler from washington state I couldnt stop watching. THey helped me forget about Buckner in the mid 90's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should know about this topic better than anyone so I'm asking this forum

Why are there Pats banwaggons and there were steeler and Dolphin banwaggons in the 70's Bears in the 80's and Cowboys of the 90's

But the Niners on the other hand were probably the most hated team in the 80's and early 90's developing rivalry's with Packers Cowboys raiders bronco's dolphins and every other team.

I'm glad there are not too many bannwagon fans but just curious why they got the hatred when they were on top where so many others stockpiled banwaggons.
RD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure I see that one. In SoCal, for the past 15 years, EVERYONE is a 9er fan. Not so much anymore, but during the middle school years, it was cool to be a 9er fan.

The 9ers have had their share of bandwagon fans as well.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you actaully talk to people you can tell wheather they are "true" fans or not.

There will always be idiots that run around posting and saying dumb sh*t. But people just need to ignore it. Arrow Don't talk to them Exclamation

All that bandwagoners are is a common sports fan. You know "yea i love football, Peyton Manning is the bestest QB EVER!! ehh Ehhh EhhH. NO ONE CAN BEAT THE COLTS EVER!!AAAeeeajHHH. lol

That type of sh*t...you just need to let it go. And of course people that say, liked the pats but haven't really fallowed the team lately are going to start talking trash when there winning in the playoffs and racking up superbowl championship. And when the pats are losing your not going to hear those people running there mouths. It comes and goes. How many Tampa Bay fans do you see talking about how there defense is one of the greatest of all time now??? Question Pretty close to zero. If the Begnals were winning then you'd say this about Bengal fans.

When it comes to sports bandwagoners come with the territory.

Just don't make it sound like becasue its patriot fans right now that it is some how any different or worse then if it were the Phins that were on top.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tdfast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody loves a winner and New England's it.
BUMPANDRUN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Been a Pats fan since I could walk. In the 4th grade I found out that
Stanley Morgan and a few other Pats lived around the corner from my school.

I pressed the buzzer and they let us up for Autographs. They were watching soap operas. Too funny.

I met Bishop (O-line) when he was getting out of his Chrysler New Yorker in the parking lot of the place as well.

I used to work with Tim Fox and got to meet Mike Haynes and a bunch of others when he came to visit the office.

Some of Tim's stories are a riot. Especially the ones from the set of "Everybody's All-American."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: