Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

portis in trade with colts for the edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DO YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD
YES
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
NO
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

Archuleta31

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
Heres one thing i dont understand, and this is not to pick on you archuleta31, because i see it all over the place...why do people continue to say the redskins need to shape up their o-line, or revamp their o-line...

maybe they are simply remembering the spurrier era where the line gave up mad sacks due to horrible line schemes and no backs or TEs staying in to block...but it really isnt a bad line whatsoever...

Samuels- Former number 3 overall pick and former all-pro
Dockery- Former All-American, huge and developing nicely
Raymer- Obviously weak link but not horrible by any means
Thomas- All-pro last year and one of the best guards in the game according to most
Jansen- Probably one of the 5 best RTs, especially with regard to run blocking

I mean that is not a horrible line...raymer should be replaced with a young and imposing guy...but let Dockery continue to develop and Jansen return 100%...we will have a nasty o-line next year, trust me, especially with Buges running the show

I understand that this has basically nothing to do with the thread but i had to get that off my chest

Sorry, i was just commenting but i really dnt pay too much attention to the skins i just know portis didn't hae his best eason and i just figuered it was the line.
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man like i said, i wasnt shootin at you or anything, i just see it all over and i dont agree with it
Redskins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still standing by my decision that the O-Line didn't create the holes needed for Portis. Speed and power running backs need different things from the O-Line and between Gibbs' mind, the way the O-Line plays and Portis' style. Nothing matched.
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with you ctj, if our line doesn't play better, we aren't going anywhere. Anyone who thinks this line played good last year obviously didn't watch the games I watched. Lets face it, we have the talent, but our line underachieved last year!

All the good teams have good olines, look at phily and new eng, pitt, denver, indy... i mean those teams are where they are because first and foremost they have solid line play. I mean of course they have playmakers and stuff too, but if you dont have time to get it to the guys who make plays, then you don't have plays!!

But anyways, it all runs together, if Ramsey gets time, and we try to pass the ball 20yds downfield more often, which means like 2 or 3 times a series, not 2 or 3 times a game ! Gibbs! then we will be more successful in the run game, less 8 and 9 man fronts and such, so all in all we will be successful, and have a top 15 offense.

Remember when B Johnson was here, and that one year when he had time to throw the ball, we were great on offense, both at passing and running that ball, because he had time to throw, and its not like he was throwing to probowlers, he was throwing to Connell, and Westbrook, our receivers of Coles and Gardner are better than those 2.
Sure up the offensive line, if next year they don't do better, than expect changes!
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who would you guys replace other than raymer?
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think they need to replace anyone but Raymer. What they have to do is give the whole offense one year of continuity!!
Lets think about it, the QB situation wasn't resolved last year, the line had a very tough time replacing Jansen, Portis was in a new scheme, really the whole offense was in a totally different scheme than what they had run the previous 2 years. I'd just like to see the skins make a couple of changes draft one of the top receivers in the draft, and hope we don't get hit by the injury bug again this year like we did last year!
I'd really like to see our team at full strenght, I know we can be a playoff team, especailly if we add Williams or Edwards to our team via the draft, or get lucky on a FA wide receiver!
IndianBaller27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trade would be completely stupid! Clinton Portis for Edge straight up?! Are you kidding me?!?! Maybe if you throw in a first and second round pick.

riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1400yds avg per year for 3 straight years and the guy is only 23 for a post surgical Edge? Way to go Cowboy, you should be working for Dan Snyder.

The O'line is good, replace Cory Raymer with Ben Hamilton UFA from Denver if they dont resign him. If not go after Rich Braham from Cinncinati. If the rest stay healthy and if Ray Brown sticks around, then we may be only one addition away to having a great line with ok/decent depth.

Gibbs will re work some offensive schemes to make better use of Clintons speed and cut back ability, plus CP is learning patience to let tht holes develope instead of hitting the gap before the hole is there.

CP will be a redskin for a long time, we do need a power back/full back to hit the line for short yardage. Anyone know what is available through FA?
e16bball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy i think they should look at is jonathan wells from the texans...he is unfortunately a RFA, but hes 250 lbs and hits the hole hard...they already have dom davis and tony hollings so they might not resign him
PrimeTime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndianBaller27 wrote:
This trade would be completely stupid! Clinton Portis for Edge straight up?! Are you kidding me?!?! Maybe if you throw in a first and second round pick.

lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: