Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Latest Off-Season Thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: My Latest Off-Season Thoughts Reply with quote

draft:

1: Erasmus James - DE
2: Byant McFadden - CB
3: Kirk Morrison - MLB
4: Mike Nugent - K
5: Travis Daniels - CB
5: James Kinney - OLB
6: Dustin Fox - CB/S
6: Ryan Riddle - DE
7: Ray Willis - OT
7: Adrian McPherson - QB

free agency:

Ty Law - CB
Travis Taylor - WR

cuts:

Johnny Morton
Vonnie Holliday
Scott Fujita (not resigned)
Gary Stills
Fred Jones
Quinten Caver
Will Bartee
Dextor McCLeon
Jerome Woods
Benny Sapp
Shaunard Harts

retire due to injury:

Mike Maslowski
Shawn Barber
John Welbourne

position changes:

Julian Battle CB ->> Safety (strong)
Eric Warfield CB ->> Safety (free)

Offense

LT - Roaf
LG - Waters
C - Casey W.
RG - Shields
RT - Black

WR - Kennison - Boerighter - Dante
WR - Taylor - Parker
TE - Gonzalez - Wilson - Dunn
FB - T-Rich
RB - Priest - LJ
QB - Trent

Defense:

DE - Allen - Wilkerson
DT - Siavii - Dalton
DT - Sims - Browning
DE - James - Hicks

LOLB - K. Fox - Beisel
MLB - Morrison - Mitchell
ROLB - Kinney - Beisel

CB - Law
SS - Wesley
FS - Warfield
CB - McFadden

Nickel - Travis Daniels

Dime - Warfield moves to CB, Dustin Fox or Willie Pile to the other saftey position.

Special Teams

PK/KO - Nugent
Returner - Dante - Parker
Punter - Murphy
Holder - Gammon

Review

Youth. Lots of it ! Looking at what I've built we would have 8 players on defense in their 1st or 2nd year. They would struggle at times but consider we won 7 games last year with far less on defense. I'll live with the struggles along with the plays they would make with their speed, talent, and hunger. The offense is good to go again and will be asked to carry the team the 1st half of the year. They can do it .. they carried the Chiefs ALL of last year. Gunther would have 3 fast linebackers to build up. Siavii and Allen would need to play at a more conistant high level. Sims would need to begin to assert himself. He bloomed late in college too so maybe this is his year to make that turn.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
2TP3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LB corps looks worse than last year we need to use our first pick on a LB and sign one in FA IMO, Hicks isnt that bad everybody is down on him we need one of the DTs to step up and take some of the pressure off of Hicks. Morrison and Kinney, 2 rookies starting and 3rd and 5th round picks at that, no way Vermeil and Peterson would let that happen and 2 rookie CBs in the starting line up that seems like a recipe for disaster, if anything have Warfield play nickleback and and have Battle play FS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is welbourne that hurt that he needs to retire? if so then philly sold us damaged goods
2TP3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welbourne wont retire and I dont think that Barber will either and neither will Woods the only one that I see realistically retiring is Maz and thats only because he just keeps getting injured. He probably wrote that with hopes that they will retire because Welbourne and Barber probably wont be starting next year and thier just taking up cap room.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i agree about the retiree's; all my offseason stuff is wishful thinking. i just wish they would all retire because it would greatly help the cap and the hit we take for cutting j woods in my scenario. i think my linebacker core would be better than last years. much faster ! more instinctive mlb in morrison and a lil bigger than mitchell too. lots of leadership in morrison and kinney. i'm not opposed to trying mitchell in barbers spot instead of kinney. as for my cb's .. ty Law would keep them straight and they(mcfadden and daniels) are more instinctive than the guys we fielded last year. just not as experienced. i dont think we have the money under the cap for veteran linebackers and i have turned away from wanting one. hicks is pretty decent i agree. i took erasmus james because that seemed the best value at 15. basically i took an appoach that was cap friendly for the future by getting way younger on defense. WAY ! we're gonna need money for a LT and G in the next year or so .. as well as keeping the rest of the squad. my defense would be young enough to be together for another 3-4 year run with the oldest players starting being Law Warfield and WEsley but I have lots of help on the way for them in Battle and Dustin Fox as well as McFadden and Daniels. not to mention Willie Pile and even Crouch (ha). keep the defense young fresh and hungry.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Rookies at LB are you crazy. I think its a good idea but inexperience even with Fox too.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out Benny Sapp I think he is showing some potential to be a solid Nickle kind of guy. He loves contact and has the speed and agility to stay with WR. I agree with you on Travis Taylor. I've been preaching this for about 1 1/2 months. I think Taylor is the kind of guy who, with an All-Pro tight end, could do some damage in the passing game. Move Sammi into the slot.

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: