Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poll Style Mock Draft: Raiders' 7th Overall Pick...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Raiders will take...
Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Dan Cody, DE/OLB, Oklahoma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alex Smith, QB, Utah
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Pac Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Alex Barron, OT, FSU
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

shortnproud52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Poll Style Mock Draft: Raiders' 7th Overall Pick... Reply with quote

Ok...I'm stealing MikeKid's idea here, because his got deleted (or moved and I can't find it). Vote on who you think the Raiders will take with their selection on draft day. When one player gets 10 votes, or 24 hours passes (whichever comes 1st), I will post a thread for the 8th overall pick in the Cardinals forum.

1. San Fransisco 49ers: Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal--->[44%]

2. Miami Dolphins: Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas--->[84%]

3. Cleveland Browns: Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami--->[44%]

4. Chicago Bears: Mike Williams, WR, ex-USC--->[86%]

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Cedric Benson, RB, Texas--->[53%]

6. Tennessee Titans: Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan--->[33%]

NO TRADING DOWN!!!
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)What in the world kind of Mock is that, the titans don't need a WR...
They need a Defensive player, they have 3 WR's that can each put up 1000 yd seasons, and descent running backs!
The titans need to draft a OL or defensive player, not a WR that's for sure!
2)The dolphins don't need defense, their D is still one of the best in the league, they need their WR's to get healthy, and they need a WR like Benson or Ronnie Brown!

So I only see one Wr going in the top 5, to the bears other than that the other teams don't need one except for the 49ers they need everything, and will be better off if they trade out of the #1 pick, and get more players, because next year they are going to have #1 overall again, and can take Leinart with that pick.
MultiSync

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="avbanig"]1)What in the world kind of Mock is that, the titans don't need a WR...
They need a Defensive player, they have 3 WR's that can each put up 1000 yd seasons, and descent running backs!
The titans need to draft a OL or defensive player, not a WR that's for sure!
2)The dolphins don't need defense, their D is still one of the best in the league, they need their WR's to get healthy, and they need a WR like Benson or Ronnie Brown!

So I only see one Wr going in the top 5, to the bears other than that the other teams don't need one except for the 49ers they need everything, and will be better off if they trade out of the #1 pick, and get more players, because next year they are going to have #1 overall again, and can take Leinart with that pick.[/quote]
A WR like Benson and Brown ey
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock was voted on by fans of their respective teams...so the Titans picking Braylon was the decision of the Titans fans in the Titans forum. Same goes for Johnson. So don't complain to me about the mock.

Voting is CLOSED...Raiders select Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok. So the fans of the titans don't know there needs I guess they are just drafting the best available player. They definelty don't need a WR!
snailplow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have voted for Pac-Man Jones if the poll wasn't already closed.The reason being is that I don't think that Al Davis will retain Charles Woodson b/c of his salary demands(Postons as agents),and he'll walk via free agency.
That leaves Phillip Buchannon and Nnamdi Asomugha as our starting corners b/c our nickle/dime guys would be Denard Walker and Ray Buchanan(if we drafted Ronnie Brown)and they suck.
R.Buchanan played as a safety this past season and was still getting torched by fast WRs,so drafting Pac-man would be the best choice.He could possibly even supplant Asomugha as a starter,so this is a no brainer pick IMHO.
Davis is also probably going to land LaMont Jordan via free agency,to take care of our dire RB need,so Jones only makes sense here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: