You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

'Sup fellas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: 'Sup fellas Reply with quote

I'm Jared and I am a long suffering fan of the Chiefs.

I am angry because of our draft history. Anyway...I have looked over what's available, and I think we need to go linebacker in the first round. We need to address the secondary in free agency. You just can't count on a rookie to come in and play corner for you. I want to see the Chiefs bring in someone like Charles Woodson, Fred Smoot, or Ty Law. I think Smoot would be my first choice as I think he has the best years of his career ahead of him. I'd say sign Smoot, then see if you can get a released guy like Chad Scott to come in at a reasonable price to compete with Warfield for a starting job. It's a deep free agency pool for corners, and we can't afford not to bring a veteran in.

I say linebacker with the first because the quality dips off after the first round. We might not be able to get Derrick Johnson, but we should be able to nab someone like Channing Crowder. Linebackers have a better record of rookie impacts. We should then draft a corner in the second round, then grab a couple more DB's on day two with our 8 picks.
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thinking exactly, on all things mentioned. We have drafted poorly for the last several years. This is the most important draft in the King Carl era. We have a two year window with this cast of players. He's gotta make this one count. No second round reaches. The first round pick has to start day one and the second rounder has to contribute significantly.

I want a LB too. A CB can be gotten later, especially assuming a FA is added. I'm liking what I hear about Shawne Merriman, but confess I haven't seen him play.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: