Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Mock draft revised please make suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy007Madison

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Lions Mock draft revised please make suggestions Reply with quote

Sorry about the other draft. I was a bit biased and this draft has them addressing all their needs. Please make suggestions and I wont bash on your opinion thanks.

Detroit Lions Mock Draft

1. Thomas David-S-Georgia: Safety the lions need to add a tone to their defense. He's between Roy williams and sean taylor but not in their class just yet. Is a great tackler who goes for the knockout every time. He needs to work on his coverage skills and some teams might have him move to Line Backer. If the lions dont draft a safety with this pick then look for them to get harrington another weapon such as heath miller of virgina Tech.

2. David Baas-G-Miiichigan: Lions take the local boy who should solidify their offensive line. He's known for playing with a mean streak and should keep the defense off of harrington. If they dont draft him look for them to get either a receiver or a defensive end such as matt roth of iowa.
Other options: Corey Webster

3. Mark Bradley-WR-Oklahoma: Lions need another receiver for harrington. And while he isnt the fastest he doesnt need to be when you have charles rogers and roy williams. Bradley has good speed and solid hands and should be a good 3rd down wide receiver for harringon.

4. Jovan Haye-DE-Vanderbilt: Adds depth and should be a good rotation next year for the lions. Will get some sacks and should help stop the run.

5. Eric Knott-TE-Michigan State: Adds depth and should be a solid weapon for harrington along with bradley and the lions other tight end.

6. Jason White-QB-Oklahoma: The lions stated that they would only take a quarterback that was a project and white is a project in some ways. His draft status falls because of injuries to both knees. He also doesnt have that strong of an arm and with a little coaching could be like a tom brady and take the league by surprise. Might also add competition for harringtons job.

7. Bryan Randall-QB-Virgina tech: Since Mcmahon is leaving the lions draft this playmaker who should be either the 3rd stringer since mirer also isnt coming back. Hes very athletic and with a year of coaching could be the lions starter within the next 2 years. If they pick up a veteran like kurt warner or another then he could end up on the practice squad and then the lions would draft a corner with this pick.

Practice squad pickups after the draft

1, Chris Rix-QB-Florida State: His athletic ability compares him to favre, young and a couple others but his game says other wise with some timing down and good coaching might become a serviceable backup.
nsiemen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of your Ideas imperticulas Davis and Bass the rest of the draftI am not to shure about. This is how I would do it:

1)davis
2)bass
3)Mike Patterson-DT
4)Marcus Lawrence-ILB
5)no pick (traded last year in the KJ trade)
6)Adrian McFerson(sp?)- QB arena league player that was kicked off of FSU's team as a fres for gambling I think. Looks to of cleaned himself up an is a geat talent just hope he lasts this long Laughing
goblue42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am cool with the top two picks but personally I dont think my boy Baas makes it, infact I think he goes at the end of round one. His abilty to play center has him climbing up the charts. Davis is a solid choice and an obvious need. I am also intriguied by former fsu qb, McPherarson if he has put his gambling and check fraud prolbems behind him he has a ton of talent. Very raw but he has a great motor and skills. He may be worth a 6th round pick! Due to character questions I dont know if they will go that route though! I know they took Onterio Smith off the board two years ago for similar character issues. Interestingly though Millen wanted to put Onterio back on the board in round 4 but was out voted and they took Pinner instead.
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first 2 picks of Davis and Baas but I too am not sure that Baas drops that far. I also like the Knott pick. All those QB picks have got to go. For a "project" QB I hope that the Lions are able to pick up LeFlores from Louisville or taking a chance with McPherson. Even though he may be gone by round 3 if Stubblefield from Purdue is still available he would make a great #3 WR.
USNinc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the G in the 2nd round. I believe that if we aim for Davis that someone (DE) will fall from the 1st round (Pollack?) right into our lap.
We got lucky with Boss, made smart moves to grab K.J. and landed Lehman. I believe that we will land someone that way again.

Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame
Shawne Merriman, DE, Maryland
Shaun Cody, DE, USC
Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
David Pollack, DE, Georgia
Marcus Spears,DE,Louisiana State

I can't see ALL of these guys going in the 1st round...see what I mean.
Snatch them up when they fall.

P.S. It's funny to me but the Redskins are picking one spot ahead of us again.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get Davis in the first round, and Baas is available in the second, I think we have to take him. DE should not be a priority, especially if there are quality players to fill our needs. I feel much better about giving Kalimba another season to show us something than I do about giving David Loverne another season.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: