Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After the Bye Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: After the Bye Week Reply with quote

Ok, so 2-2 was not really what we were looking for after starting 2-0. In particular, the Philly game collapse hurt and sent us into the bye week with our tails between our legs ! UGH. However, the team coming out of this bye week will be very different than the team we had weeks 1-4.
Roaf and Warfield will complete change what both the offense and defense were doing. Roaf opens up all the downfield options we've been missing because of lack of time to throw. Warfield can cover without the help McCleon needs all the time and hopefully will allow for a much more aggressive defense.

We all know the offense can play better. Lets hope Roaf truly was that missing link and we can stay healthy.

The defense however.. I'm confused. For example.. against Philly we blitzed alot in the 2nd half.. but were very unsuccessful getting to the quarterback. Why ?

Well, I believe it's because of the crap zone defense we've been running. Maybe I don' understand the design.. but it seems to me.. if you're gonna bitz the quarterback and he's gonna be looking to get rid of the ball early.. well maybe you might wanna consider covering the freaking short routes. Instead they played some soft zone with all sorts of space underneath and Philly tore us apart with it. Force them to throw it downfield.. the goal is that with the blitz.. the QB won't have the time and the defense can force a sack or incompletion/throw away. I cannot stand being nickel and dimed down the field for a TD. I'd much prefer to blitz.. play man.. and if they beat us over the top for one.. well fine then. Atleast it wouldnt be demoralizing like the long drives they allowed. My hope is that with Warfield.. Gunther will feel confident that he can call a blitz and play man behind it. If not.. we're doomed.. we don't have enough talent on the d-line in terms of pash rush to effectively pressure the QB.

I also think Gunther needs to go back upstairs to the booth. His defensive adjustments thus far have been horrible. He needs his birds eye view !

Anyway.. thats all I have for now. What are you guys looking for coming out of the bye week.

Oh.. can't forget to mention... Priest needs to be in the game when we are in the redzone. PERIOD ! I like getting Larry a drive here and there but not at the endzone. Get Priest in there. Stop coddeling LJ !
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN!!!
inside either of the 20's the priest NEEDS to be in the ballgame.
Big Willie will get trent more time and we can send kennison and parker downfield more. that will stretch the field and open up the running game and allow GONZO to get open in the middle of the field more. my my my my my my my how wille roaf will make a difference and warfield should get a few ints for us as he does every year and he should shore up the complete barrage of passing. WE NEED RYAN SIMS BACK he will get push and free up jared and carlos hall for more sacks.
I agree we need to play M2M BAD. the zone is killing us its like oh he is out of my zone so even tho' i am the last part lets let him go. gunnie does need to move back upstairs. the LB's need to be more agressive in the blitz.
i have a few choice words for LJ about hanging onto the football. he runs too straight up and hangs the football out in the air
last 2 weeks LJ decided to put the pampers back on and he needs to get punished for it play priest until they stop him or he needs a couple of plays off for a breather and then get him back in and ALWAYS have him in inside the 20
the skins have a good d and will exploit lj if he plays as wildly as he has recently

Calvert28 wrote:
He (Emmit Smith) was to this sport what Wyane Gretsky was to the NHL

LMAO
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Skins do have a good defense. It will be a good first test for the offense with Roaf back. Al Saunders needs to make sure we stay explosive in the first AN SECOND half of the game.

Both sides of the ball have been out-coached these last 2 games ! That can't continue !
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: