Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Leinhart or Reggie BUsh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Matt Leinhart or REggie BUsh
Matt Leinhart
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Reggie Bush
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Matt Leinhart or Reggie BUsh Reply with quote

Witht the Jets looking at a top five pick coming into this week (ESPN power ranking) Matt Leinhart seems to be very likely, so does reggie bush. The question is which will the jets pick if they get a very high pick like most of the jets fans are anticipating?

I believe the Jets will go after Leinhart. Hes been said to be the best QB prospect of the last 10 years and i dont think the jets will pass him up. YEs Reggie Bush is amazing, if you look at the Patriots, theyve won 2 superbowls with out a great running back but an awsome QB. With a quater back you have to draft a guy in the first round, its very rare a solid QB will fall to round 2, if hes solid at all. Omar Jacobs and VInce Young are both awsome QBs but the likely-hood of both falling to early round 2 is very slim. Getting a solid running back in the second round is a lot easier then getting a QB. in round 2. Jets will play it safe and land a true "arm" finally. Pennington will be released after june 1st, and most of the jets offense will be gone too including jerald sowell and curtis martin. With the 2006 and draft and free agency Jets need a QB, RB, a true slot WR n help on the offensive line. The cap will be hard to manage but the franchise is not going down the drain. They are gutting this offense with younger, faster, and stronger players. 2006 should be a much better year with this defense.

So on draft day what will it be?
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say Leinhart but I have a suspicion that we'd take Bush if those were the choices and give Pennington one more chance. I would rather not take a chance on Young or Jacobs. Especially Young because he is a terrible passer. We don't need a scrambling QB who can't pass. I think we could wait a little longer for a RB. I'd be surprised if Martin didn't go one more year and I think he would still get 1200 to 1300 yards if we had a decent QB to take some pressure off him. I'm starting to think we might have to gut the o-line though.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree about the o-line, with the exception of mawae(even though he is 34). It needs to be younger, and quicker, especially if heimerdinger wants to still pull the guards and center. I just think the jets organization deserves a true franchise QB who can throw the ball how its designed in the playbook. Lets face it, chads is a great guy, and hes a lot of energy but just doesnt have the tools. It should be an exciting offseason. Losing veteran players is fine with me as long as Bradway does a job job replacing them. I expect a brand new/younger offense next season that might be able to make some noise with the defense they have now.

If Jacobs was available in round 2 after taking Bush or DeAngelo Williams i think he would be an absolute steal, and would be a great QB. BUt were talking about some big ifs.
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right about Jacobs being a steal in the second round but I doubt that would happen.
NyJetsGiantsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jets will not pick a running back in the first round. A QB is the most important position on the team because he helps you put points on the board. you need a QB that makes good decisions before throwing the ball, a QB with an accurate arm, and most important A QB WITH A STRONG ARM which chad pennington never had. I'm kind of glad he will be gone. The problem is, we might not have the number 1 overall pick. Don't you think whoever will have the number 1 overall pick next year will probably draft Matt Leinart? I hope they don't because I want the Jets to get Matt Leinart. I dont care about reggie bush, i know he's good, but it's way easier to get a great running back in Round 2. So I think we should get our qb in round 1 and our running back in round 2. We also need help on offenive line and Wide-reciever. We dont need a tight end because we have 2 good tightends. If we can fix this offense before the start of the 2006 season, we will have a very good year in 2006 - 2007 season because our defense is very young and one of the best in the NFL. The only thing we need to do is fix our offense. The only things we need on defense are a defensive tackle and maybe an outside linebacker (unless Victor Hobson steps up and becomes a weapon.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Matt Leinart for crying out loud. It's not like his name has come up recently or he's coming out of nowhere. After over two years in the limelight, people still can't spell his name right.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. I think that runningback is easier to fill with a round 2 pick. The way things are looking...if the jets can continue to lose and still hve there defense play solid i think your looking at a top 3 pick plus a whole better offense next year. A round 2 back is fine with me too as long as he has elite speed, and can run with some power...like hmmm(LAMONT JORDAN)
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a no lose situation thats like asking Carmen Electra or Jessica Alba theres not a wrong answer.

I would think for the Niners, Jets, Texans, Packers it's Reggie Bush

and for Cardinals, Lions, Ravens, Titans and Redskins it's Leinart

with Browns and Bears going either way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: