Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Backups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Backups Reply with quote

You guys have one of the best Defenses in all of football. I'm a Packer fan, we are in need of more personel desperately. There has to be some backup Linebacker taht isn't getting any playing time but could start somewhere else, or a Defensive Back, or Lineman.

Any one's name come to mind?
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i don't think there are any players that don't get playing time on this team... thats why in situations like today when key players go down the back-ups step up.

As for people that come to mind that aren't starters here and could be elsewhere....

Rosevelt Colvin, he plays a lot on third downs and subs in, but McGinest and Vrabel are obviously our starting OLB's.

Jarvis Green is our 3rd DE, he's a great player that plays behind Seymour and Warren so he rarley gets a lot of attention, but when he's in the game (usually on 3rd down passing situations) he always seems to have a positive affect on the play... i'd go out on a limb and say he could probably start on 10-15 of the teams in the league and be a solid 6-10 sack a year guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Green, on any other team, would be a number one DE or a rush DT. In my opinion, he is the best pass rushing DT in the lweague other than Rod Coleman on the Falcons.

Rosevelt Colvin and Brandon Gorn could also start on some teams, but not all for Gorin.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: