Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What teams might be interested in Brees or Rivers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
quote snipped

A Phillip Rivers trade is far more likely, considering he is still under contract and did not lead the team to a great record and a playoff appearance. Personally, I would like to see Cleveland at least make an offer for Rivers. I don't think he is worth a #3 pick, but a conditional pick next year and a player would be nice (Jeff Garcia, Earl Little, Chris Crocker, Gerrard Warren, William Green perhaps?).

Hmm, how about this Niners deal: what about the #1/3rd for Rivers and the #12?
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change the 12th to the 28th and that would be a good deal.
Butter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
change the 12th to the 28th and that would be a good deal.

IF the Niners were to lower their price to the #28, it'd have to be for the #1 straight up.

Rivers could turn into a Tim Couch or Akili Smith, while a non-QB pick at #1 would be a pretty sure thing to have a solid NFL career.

Either way, I think the Niners and the Chargers have some mutually beneficial common ground to work out a good deal.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said earlier that i doubted Miami to be interested in Brees, but recently his name has been thrown around along with jeff garcia.
LSUfan40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Duh. Reply with quote

If the Chargers organization is in anyway looking towards their future they will trade off Philip Rivers and either pick up a few free agent defensive players such as a corner or linebacker or they maybe even trade him off for a high draft pick. With news out of Dallas that there will be no quarterback taken for them in the draft I say Parcell's sticks by his word. There is a 95% chance that Drew Brees will be off, but I still don't see it happening with how he has shown he can be a competitor and also a student of the game.
JamesT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Duh. Reply with quote

LSUfan40 wrote:
If the Chargers organization is in anyway looking towards their future they will trade off Philip Rivers and either pick up a few free agent defensive players such as a corner or linebacker or they maybe even trade him off for a high draft pick. With news out of Dallas that there will be no quarterback taken for them in the draft I say Parcell's sticks by his word. There is a 95% chance that Drew Brees will be off, but I still don't see it happening with how he has shown he can be a competitor and also a student of the game.

Let's be honest Brees is the QB of the future and they made a huge mistake by not only drafting Rivers but also paying him all that money. They need to cut their losses and trade him to Dallas or some other team for a player and draft pick. Then then need to get better on D and at the WR position. Also need to draft another OL.
LSUfan40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just need that one defensive player that can be a team leader, he doesn't even have to be great, just someone that can be a good leader to rally around,......they need their own Teddy Bruski, or maybe a seasoned veteren that still has a little steam left in him to get them going or pumped up in that 3rd and short down situation. Any other posible thoughts on who to get for a Defensive captain?
SDChargers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUfan40 wrote:
They just need that one defensive player that can be a team leader, he doesn't even have to be great, just someone that can be a good leader to rally around,......they need their own Teddy Bruski, or maybe a seasoned veteren that still has a little steam left in him to get them going or pumped up in that 3rd and short down situation. Any other posible thoughts on who to get for a Defensive captain?

Donnie edwards
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya hes great in charismatic, but i think i know what lsu means. Like a gritty, dirty player whos all business. Like a rodney harrison. One problem i think we already got one of those....Steve Foley.
Bauer37

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Duh. Reply with quote

LSUfan40 wrote:
Let's be honest Brees is the QB of the future and they made a huge mistake by not only drafting Rivers but also paying him all that money. They need to cut their losses and trade him to Dallas or some other team for a player and draft pick. Then then need to get better on D and at the WR position. Also need to draft another OL.

If the Chargers don't draft Rivers, Brees doesn't feel the heat to start busting his [inappropriate/removed] and become a top quarterback.
LSUfan40

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are u calling Brees lazy? This is a guy that blew Purdue's passing records away. Not to mention making the transition from a offense like the Colts in college to a slow and methodical west coast offense. No Brees didn't just start busting his butt. The guys is a contendar that just took som time to make a big transition. He knew it wasn't gonna be easy, and besides he had been fighting the whole time, remeber he took the starting spot from Doug Flutie to begin with. Send Rivers out and make a few defensive adjustments for the best of the team, PLEASE Chargers!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: