Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Jaguars vs. Jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Week 3: Jaguars vs. Jets Reply with quote

Two 1-1 teams both led by strong D's face off in an AFC battle this Sunday. Discuss the game here.
jags28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a great game to watch as I have alot of respect for the Jets as I regard them as a great team....But one thing i'm mostly looking forward to is our running game, with Leftwich being abit injured if he plays we will definatly give Taylor more carries as last week against the Colts he only had 16 carries and he only had 5 of those in the second half....Maybe we are just slowly getting back into the game after having a bad injury but it will be great to see a full strengh Taylor running at the Jets D.....

One reason I like the Jets so much is because of Vilma, this guy is one of the greatest young talents in the NFL, but I've just got to hope that he has an off game against us....

Well good luck to all you Jets fans......

My prediction is a Jags win 17-14.

It's going to be a real close one but I think we will just edge it.

Thanks to BillyShears for the sig
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jets finally looked like a good team last week and i hope they can continue playing this way for the rest of the season. Our D is definately the key this week, we had a big lift with the return of Abraham last week and vilma played well as well. On the other hand Byron Leftwich is good and is poised to have an outstanding year this year, so in my opinion its gonna be whether the jets D can get pressure on leftwhich. I see the jets winning 10-7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' know who's going to win, but it's going to be a close game. These are 2 very talented teams, both teams can apply pressure on the QB, both teams have great linebackers, but I think the Jets have the better secondary with Ty Law, David Barret, and Erik Colemen. Donovin Darius Is out for the season and that will affrect the entire jaguard defense, especially the secondary. I don't think curtis martin will have a great day against a strong Jags Rush defense, but he will get close to 70 or 80 yards. I think we can attack the secondary and pennington could possible have a great day if we can give him some good pass protection. Fred Taylor should be able to rack up 70 or 80 yards also, but don't expect him to get close to 100 yards rushing because he's got to get past Linebackers Vilma and Barton, and a very strong defensive line with Shaun Ellis and John Abraham. I don't think Defensive Tackle DeWayne Robertson will have a good game, I think he's overrated and I wish we never drafted him in 2003, he's not turning out as good as he was supose to be. But The jags have a strong D-Line too with John Henderson and Marcus Stroud, the best Defensive Tackle duo in the NFL. It's gonna be a good game, i'm looking forward to it. I think John Abraham will have atleast 1 sack and Shaun Ellis should rack up a sack too. The Jags offensive line is good but not great, so they will have to worry about our great pass rush will Shaun Ellis and John Abraham. They might need extra pass blocking from a Fullback or Running Back or maybe even both. I think we can win this, but if the Jags win, I won't be surprised because they're very talented. With Donovin Darius out, I think we will win because we'll have a great day against the secondary. The reason these guys are so good against the colts is because they're division rivals and they know what to expect from the colts. They don't know what to expect from our wide recievers, I think Coles will have 1 TD. But like I said, I will NOT be surprised if the Jags win. Jags are very talented, and I have lots of respect for them, and their fans.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=359857#359857

Check that out...^^ it gets a lot of discussion in the Jags forum... come and post Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: