Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts: How to get started, tips, and forum rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Mock Drafts: How to get started, tips, and forum rules Reply with quote

Read This First - Forum Rules
Draft Info - Profiles, Team Needs, Mock Links

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I post my NFL mock draft?
First you'll need to register a username. Its free and easy. Just click here, agree to the rules, and fill out the form. After confirming your registration via e-mail, just return to the NFL Mock Draft forum and press the 'New Topic' button.

Can I post a mock draft for just my team or only the top ten picks?
Please only post complete mock drafts (at least one round) in the mock draft forum and use the team forums to post team specific mocks. Some additional mock draft forum rules can be found here.

Some guy just posted a ridiculous mock draft, can I yell at him and call him names?
um... no. One of the main values of the FF community is we treat each other with respect. No matter how much you disagree with someone else's mock, there is no need for insults, name calling, or any other disrespectful behavior. You are free to debate and discuss mock drafts, however please remain civil and respectful toward other members.

Also, please remember that no matter how much of an 'expert' you think you are, you don't know what is going to happen come draft day. Mock drafts are fun and entertaining, but even scouts, coaches, and paid experts are more wrong than right when it comes to mock drafts.

Last edited by Webmaster on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Peppers90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Drafts: How to get started, tips, and forum rules Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Some guy just posted a ridiculous mock draft, can I yell at him and call him names?
um... no. One of the main values of the FF community is we treat each other with respect. No matter how much you disagree with someone else's mock, there is no need for insults, name calling, or any other disrespectful behavior. You are free to debate and discuss mock drafts, however please remain civil and respectful toward other members.

Also, please remember that no matter how much of an 'expert' you think you are, you don't know what is going to happen come draft day. Mock drafts are fun and entertaining, but even scouts, coaches, and paid experts are more wrong than right when it comes to mock drafts.

I agree...Alot of new people are coming to FootballsFuture.com...

But please remember...no one gets every pick right...and instead of just saying...

"This Mock Sucks"

Give your feedback and tell the mocker how to make his/her draft better...because in the end...the only mock that counts is the one right before the draft starts anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to the new people, if you have questions about how to do something, and the forum rules don't say, check it out in the Feedback Forum, chances are in the FAQ's there will be an answer waiting for you.

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to people predicting records:

Add up the wins. If there are more or less than 256 total wins you need to edit something. Unless there are ties, the league MUST be 256-256.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete Mock Drafts

For people posting mock drafts, if you are working on one and get stopped in the middle of it, instead of hitting submit, copy and paste the code into a word document. If you aren't on a computer that you can do that, send it to yourself in an e-mail or PM. Do not post partial mock drafts even if you say you are going to complete them, because the vast majority of you never do complete them.

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to multiple round mockers. The draft order does not stay the same from round to round. Teams with the same record rotate as the rounds progress. So if there are 4 teams at 8-8, the team that picks first among them in the first round will pick 4th among them in the second round, and the next team moves up one slot, and so on.
PackerLegend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of posters use multi color fonts in their mocks...for color blind people like myself it is very hard to see light colored font on a white backround. the use of only dark colors would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When posting mock drafts (before the final draft order is set) please discuss the order in a reasonable manner. You might not like where you team is picking, but there is no guarentee where your team will be picking. No matter how much you think your team has improved.

wethekings

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite rule is you have to post a full round mock. It prevents people just putting there teams picks, which would fill the forum with unreasonable threads. Thanks Webby!

^Eaglesphan21 amazing sig.

Quote:
Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted
John Lennon...So true.

Nats Forum http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=146236
Dawgstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: How to start Reply with quote

Where do I click to start my own mock draft? How do I get started?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How to start Reply with quote

Dawgstar wrote:
Where do I click to start my own mock draft? How do I get started?

Its done by creating your own thread in this NFL Mock Draft Forum. You can use any format you like.

Theres a lot of great resources such as draft order and other prospect information in the NFL Draft Forum

Draft Order
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=461224

Draft Forum
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Read some of the other Mocks done here to get an idea on format and style.

FF Member #67
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post this reminder in a few spots, it hasn't been an issue yet, but let's make sure it doesn't ever become one, so be level headed when you post and focus on who your team picks, not when you team picks. Last year it would have been unlikely for people to think the Colts would have the first overall pick, so remember that when you post because you don't know how players will pan out, what players will get hurt, etc. And keep the posts civil as people commenting on draft order has caused issues in the past and has caused warnings. Everyone is doing a great job thus far, but hopefully people read this and we can keep this from being an issue at all this year.

The Gnat

ejh1528

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mock that I am doing, however, it is on my blog. Is it ok to post my blog link or should I copy and paste?
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejh1528 wrote:
I have a mock that I am doing, however, it is on my blog. Is it ok to post my blog link or should I copy and paste?

Copy and paste it.

Quote:
7. Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21944

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

ejh1528

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratzi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: