Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

henry is coming to miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sox2004

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: henry is coming to miami Reply with quote

miami will send whatever they get for surtain to buffalo for henry,then draft dj or trade down...bensen will be ron dayne and cadillac isnt going to be that good either..ronnie brown intrigues me,though,good size and speed Cool
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cuz ur a boston fan and cuz of last year u now think that the improbable is possible. Unfortunatly it's not happening here. SURTAIN IS A FREAKING TOP 3 CB IN THE LEAGUE! they are not going to send a first round pick (probably Dallas or KC) to get injury prone Travis Henry. Saban aint that stupid, but that philosophy is very. When you have the two top free agents already say that they would like to play for the dolphins, what does that say to you? we can get a back in FA! thers too many of them! You have to realize there are not a lot of teams looking for a back, so lets go through them:
Miami
Oakland
Cincinatti (if they lose Rudi)
Indianapolis (if they lose Edge)
Tampa (although Pittman is good)
Seattle (if they lose Alexander)
Arizona (now that emmit is gone)
I counted seven teams looking for a starting quarterback. So the top free agents are, Alexander, Edge, Rudi, and on the trade market Henry. Not to mention the quality backs coming out of the draft including Benson, Brown and Caddilac. There are seven backs as well. So we will go in preference, no one wants to play for arizona unless they have to. Arizona is off of Alexander, Edge and Rudi's list. Down to 6 now. If Indianapolis had the money, they would of signed edge back anyway or they wud of resigned him. So lets say they didnt resign him. That would mean they don't have money for Alexander or Rudi. Same deal with Seattle and Indianapolis. So you think to yourself if ur Alexander, Rudi or Edge. Where can I go thats a nice location, potential, place where I can lead the offense and it will revolve around me... MIAMI! thats wat Alexander and Edge hav said, and one of those guys are coming to Miami... sorry sox but ur wrong!

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for some errors... i typed quickly!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fist off ,me being a red sox fan has nothing to do with me being a dolphin fan since 1975..i would love edge or alexander,even though edge is more injury prone than henry,but simple economics wont allow for us to sign these guys,were17 million over cap now,thats why were forced to trade a top 3 corner..this trade may have e few trades to it and part of it will be sent for henry,a top 5 back himself,but more importantly,we need to upgrade our line more than anything..walter payton couldnt run behind these guys,its fairly simple,you can get rid of guys to make a better rounded team and then blow it on one guy..as for your little draft,how could we draft linert,who pulled out of the draft 3 weeks ago..draft d.j.,hes adifference maker in a weak draft,or trade down..schools out Twisted Evil
Fire_In_The_Nole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatís why you make the trades, restructure contracts, and cut people is to free up some cap money. It is not totally impossible to sign Edge or Alexander. Don't forget Travis Henry didn't have a single touchdown this year. I know he had some nagging injuries but man if you can't put the rock in the endzone one time somethings up.
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sox... i made my f****** signature a month ago and for you ill change it... buddy, why would u trade a first round pick, which you will get for surtain, for a guy like travis henry? answer that and then you can argue whatever you want!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see,henry is a 1500 yard back alldaywith one injury,and his problem,like bledsoes,was there line was horrible,when they pulled it together,so did buffalo..you dont know your gonna get a first rounder for surtain,but even if you did,you could trade that first rounder for a later first rounder and a second,wich is all buffalo is asking,and you fill multiple holes..your real low on henry,the kid is 26,and has shown he can dominate in this league..hey,surtain didnt have a good year by his standards,does that mean he is all done..like i said before,id love to have alexander,but he will cost to much..ithink bensen is ron dayne and im not sold on cadillac,i think brown will be great,but i hope we pick up d.j.,or trade down and sure up some hole,like the line..swearing at people on a computer takes alot of heart,tuff guy..how about you calm down and use this forum for what it is,fun Wink
wrayce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a name like that we dont trust you

why would buffalo get a corner they already have a good defense and miami wouldn't trade surtain to a hated rival like buffalo if they do its a doumb trade cause surtain is a top five corner and henry isn't even a top ten back maybe top 15 maybe

My signature gallery
sox2004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think miami will trade surtain to buffalo,i think they will trade what they get for him,meaning a pick,wich they might trade a couple times to getmore value..i have to disagree with you,henry is an elite back,he is young,and hes only had one injury..you dont rush for 1500 twice and be a top 15 back,not in the afc east..today in the miami herald there is a report that indy wants surtainbut doesnt want to make edge part of the deal,i mean,its gonna take8 million to bring him here..we just cant do it,an alexander will be as much..id love to see him with us,but we would have to lose to much..we cant go to taylor and thomas ect. every year and ask them to keep restructuring,plus,mcmichael is a free agent next year..as for my name and trusting me..this is a football page to post opnions..there like a*******,everyone has got one,and this is ment to be fun Wink
wrayce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there you go you are just looking at his yards you are not looking at how many times he fumbles or what kind of injury problems he has. he injured his knee bad

My signature gallery
sox2004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt aware he had a fumble issue,thought he actually had some streak going without fumbles a couple of years ago..how bad is his knee..im not sure,i know edge lost a whole season and hes been ok..i know ricky fumbled more than anyone,so on that front we cant do any worse..i hear bensen has got some miles on him 2 and cadillac had a knee deal to..has alexander had much..im pretty opened minded,tell me how we get alexander,keep what we have thats worth keeping,trim 17 million and come up with the money to sign the second pick..id love to see it,i just havent seen anyone outline a solid format to accomplish it within the salary cap structure,without givin up more than its worth..for what its worth,saban has said it wont be a one year fix,maybe does grab a big name back out of the draft,or d.j.,and says 8and8 is ok and lets draft another impact player next year..
dolphins#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that henry will be good at miami but i think they should pick up rudi johnson in the FA because he won't cost as much then henry,alexander,or edge but he already knows what it's like to be behind a horable line so i think he will be really good with a better line.

dolphinsrule
wrayce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sox2004 wrote:
i wasnt aware he had a fumble issue,thought he actually had some streak going without fumbles a couple of years ago..how bad is his knee..im not sure,i know edge lost a whole season and hes been ok..i know ricky fumbled more than anyone,so on that front we cant do any worse..i hear bensen has got some miles on him 2 and cadillac had a knee deal to..has alexander had much..im pretty opened minded,tell me how we get alexander,keep what we have thats worth keeping,trim 17 million and come up with the money to sign the second pick..id love to see it,i just havent seen anyone outline a solid format to accomplish it within the salary cap structure,without givin up more than its worth..for what its worth,saban has said it wont be a one year fix,maybe does grab a big name back out of the draft,or d.j.,and says 8and8 is ok and lets draft another impact player next year..

ricky did fumble alot thats true but you dont really notice when he gets 1800 yards

My signature gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: