Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1...What went right...What went wrong???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Week 1...What went right...What went wrong??? Reply with quote

WOW...I can't even begin to describe the disappointment...I mean to come out that flat after the strong pre season the team had...I don't know if it was overconfidence or what but I just can't even put into words my utter disgust with this performance...

Last edited by 2105 yards on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i totally agree with you. we dominate the game and then do all of the little things wrong. everything that could go wrong went wrong. The extra point that was botched and we get a defensive holding. Who has ever hold of a defensive holding on an extra point. also the special teams was awful beyond beleif. We didnt get it done upfront on the offensive line which was dissapointing. We need to get barron out there at rt as soo nas we can cause tucker just cant cut it. We need to put tucker back at gaurd. Every play looked like bulger was going to get sacked.

You have to give san fran credit for the td to brandon loyd. That was quite a catch. Which brings up another issue. WE actually had pretty god coverage and i think it was archuleta who came over and tried to get hte interception and ball goes through his hands. At least get a hand on it

Thoughts?
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah...I actually was under the delusion that the OL was going to be a strength this season...but it's only one game...hopefully the coaches can get this straightened out and they better do it quick because they can not lose to the Cards and go two games down in the division this early...Next week will show us what kind of team we really have this season.
magscivic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the game:
I thought that the run stopping portion of the D was great. Granted it is the 49ers, but we held them to only 34 yards. The O line seemed to be fine on the left side...because of Pace, however the right side was horrible. Total, 7 sacks for 46 yards. WR and passing was fine...362 yards, but special teams gave up 198 yards and a TD and that made the difference in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: