Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Getting To Know You
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Getting To Know You Reply with quote

This is my 1000th post, and in the spirit of the outpouring of altruism and good works being done in the country at the moment, I figured I would do something good with it.

I actually picked this idea up from our brethren in the Bears forum, and I found it to be a really nice thought...(too bad they support the wrong team this week Twisted Evil ).

Seeing as our Redskins forum has grown a great deal since the earlier days, I thought it would be cool to have everyone post a bit about themselves, just so it feels even a bit more like a little community of Redskins fanatics.

I'll start, since it's my idea and all.

My name is Eric, and I'm 20 years old. All 20 of those years, I should add, have been spent bleeding burgundy and gold. I'm just old enough to remember the Bills Super Bowl, and how glorious it was. I'm a student at the College of William and Mary, and currently I'm double majoring in economics and government. However, I'm graduating early, so that might be tough. My oldest and truest love is basketball (hence the e16bball), but I've come to regard football as the best second love a man could have. In other words, basketball is my Jennifer, and football is my Angelina Laughing . In my spare time, I play all manner of sports, especially basketball, tennis, and golf. My knees are shot to hell at this young age, though, so I guess it's mostly the latter two for the rest of my life. I also like video games, to read, and to go out on the weekends with friends and get smashed (but, really, who doesn't?). My dream job is to work in the front office of a sports team (preferably football at this point) and hopefully this dream can be realized, as I have an interview with the Ravens' head of college scouting for an internship in February Pray . Other than that, I have great friends, family, and one incredible dog. What else could a guy want?

Anyway, I hope some of you also post in this thread, I'd really like to learn a bit more about what goes on away from the keyboard, and establish a real community here as we move into the Redskins' season of triumph.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your 1000 post eball.

Well my name is Brett, 19, and I've a Redskin faithful since as far as I can remember. Actually when I get some extra cash me I'm going to get the Redskins logo tatooed on my upper arm. I barely remember the SB against the Bills, but again I was like 5 when they played. Outside of Football's Future I'm a normal guy. I usually work like 10 to 11 hour days during the week and have fun on the weekends. My job title is a Design Drafter, I work for a company that make rocket motors (yes, I like to think of myself as a Rocket Scientist) and missile defense equipment. Ultimately my dream job is to own and run my own Record label. I spent a better part of my childhood in Fredericksburg, VA thats where I became a loyal Redskins fan. At the age of 12 I moved up here to Elkton, MD and stayed a skins fan hence elkton_redskinsfan. The only bad part about this area besides it being small is I can count on two hands how many skins fans there are. Also I'm surrounded by Eagles fans and I get alot *stuff* from them, but just retailate and ask them how many rings they have.

REDSKINS FAN TIL THE DAY I DIE
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Dan, I moved from Maryland to Los Angeles this past winter. I work as a Film Editor out here. My goal is to get a good enough rep to be able to move to either NYC or Washington (so I can start going to every home game again.) Right now I am working on a film for Warner Bros.

I have bleed Burgandy and Gold my whole life (I'm 28 by the way). I remember all of the Skins Superbowl wins! If it were not for the magic of the BetaMax, I would not remember the 82 season so well. (for all you younger guys BetaMax was a VHS type tape that went the way of Laser Disc) Wink My Grandfather got season tix to the skins when my Pop was a little kid, so I lucked out and we still have those tickets today! The greatest thrill I have ever had was going to the 88 Superbowl in San Diego (score Redskins 42 Broncos 10)Laughing Laughing I was 11 and it was my birthday present (my dad won the season ticket holder lottery and got 3 tix!) Dancing Dancing

I like it out here, but at the same time, people can not drive in the rain (it's like being in North Carolina in an ice storm) and the temp never gets to feel like football in the air. I have exchanged snowboarding for surfing in the grand So. Cal tradition. The women are Hot, but it makes my Girlfriend mad when I say that Embarassed

Season prediction for the Skins 10-6 (if Ramsey can play like '00 Dilfer)

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Blknite01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Ray, I am 15 years old and I live in Apopka Florida(Sub-urb of Orlando). I have really only started following football about 4 years ago and my reason for being a Skins fan sin't such a good one. MY favorite College Football team is the Florida Gators and the reason I like the Redskins is...yup you gussed Steve Spurrier. No I realise all the bad things he has done to this oraganization and especially Ramsey. Crying or Very sad But anyway I am a Skins fan and will continue to be one forever.

I am an aspiring graphic/web designer. Not to much else to say though...

I copied the Duke but I have my Clinton Portis predictions in my sig. I am predicting anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 for the skins this year, but it really all depends on Patrick Ramsey as we all know.
baller11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey yall i'm travis. i'm from va and i am a sr at Davis & Elkins college, a D2 school in WV. i am here on soccer scholarship and am entering my 4th year as a starting midfielder. i am majoring in exercise science, with a double minor in athletic training and psychology. after i graduate i'm gonna try to take this soccer thing as far as i can go, hopefully the A-league (soccer's equivivant of the minors), and maybe eventually the MLS Pray . when soccer's done i plan on getting my masters and becoming either a physical therapist, or go into coaching.

i'm turn 21 sept 9th, literally 2 hours from now. pretty stoked about that Dancing

its pretty interesting to read a little bit about the people in this forum. its cool to actually think about the people behind the posts...

GO SKINS

this year:
9-7
sweep tha boys, giants
split the iggles
make the playoffs
beautiful fall
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baller11 wrote:

i'm turn 21 sept 9th, literally 2 hours from now. pretty stoked about that Dancing

I know I am a little early, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
baller11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man. i went to 7-11 and bought a 40 at 12:05am. haha
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elkton_redskinsfan wrote:
Congrats on your 1000 post eball.

I work for a company that make rocket motors (yes, I like to think of myself as a Rocket Scientist) and missile defense equipment.

The only bad part about this area besides it being small is I can count on two hands how many skins fans there are. Also I'm surrounded by Eagles fans and I get alot *stuff* from them, but just retailate and ask them how many rings they have.

Thanks for the congrats.

Whoa, a rocket scientist? Maybe I'll have to think twice about arguing with you anymore about the 'Skins...

Yeah, I know a bit about that area as well, and it's filthy with Eagles' fans. I have a cousin who lives in Rising Sun, also a Redskins' fan, and he hates being surrounded by Iggles' fans.

SkinsfanLA wrote:
The greatest thrill I have ever had was going to the 88 Superbowl in San Diego (score Redskins 42 Broncos 10)Laughing Laughing I was 11 and it was my birthday present (my dad won the season ticket holder lottery and got 3 tix!) Dancing Dancing

I work as a Film Editor out here. My goal is to get a good enough rep to be able to move to either NYC or Washington (so I can start going to every home game again.) Right now I am working on a film for Warner Bros.

Wow, that is so sweet, what a game in 'Skins history! Actually, what a game in NFL history! Doug Williams = The Man in that game. It's because of that game that I have so much faith in Joe Gibbs to lead us back to glory.

That sounds pretty cool, LA, anything we should be looking for in a theater near us anytime soon?

Blknite01 wrote:
my reason for being a Skins fan sin't such a good one. MY favorite College Football team is the Florida Gators and the reason I like the Redskins is...yup you gussed Steve Spurrier. No I realise all the bad things he has done to this oraganization and especially Ramsey. Crying or Very sad But anyway I am a Skins fan and will continue to be one forever.

No bad reason for being a 'Skins fan, dude, although that is about as close as you can get! Damn that Spurrier...but at least he earned us a die-hard Redskin fan.

I also like the Portis projections, I'm hopin' you're right on the money.

baller11 wrote:
after i graduate i'm gonna try to take this soccer thing as far as i can go, hopefully the A-league (soccer's equivivant of the minors), and maybe eventually the MLS Pray . when soccer's done i plan on getting my masters and becoming either a physical therapist, or go into coaching.

Damn, man, MLS, that's pretty bigtime. Maybe the next Freddy/Landon on our hands here.

More importantly, though, congrats on 21, dude. I know I've got the countdown going, so I know how great that must be. I may need you to run on over to VA and hook me up, man. This fake I have is INCREDIBLY cheap.
Redskins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the 1000 milestone e16, I remember when you had like 100 when the board opened a little while back. Well done.

So yeah, let's start the proceedings, my names Luke, I'm 15, live in Carlisle, England which is just slightly south of Scotland. Go to school with two members on this board.

The only sport I truely love is Tennis, I play it, I watch it (at 3am yesterday morning watching my women's tip, Clijsters, take her first GS no less) I also enjoy watching American Football (duh) although I don't get to play and I try and keep up to date with Basketball when I can and play through school when I can (as well as Badminton).

Anyways - yeah congratulations on your post e16, wonder if you remember me? I was a more frequent poster in January (when the board opened or actually came to life or so) but don't post as much now.

Last edited by Redskins on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins wrote:

Anyways - yeah congratulations on your post e16, wonder if you remember me? I was a more frequent poster in January (when the board opened or actually came to life or so) but don't post as much now.

I do remember you, Redskins. Those were the days when this board was much smaller, and the Redskins forum was basically non-existent. Those were also the days that most of the 'Skins fans here were praying for a chance to get Mike Williams. We see how well that turned out I guess....

Tennis also happens to be one of my big sports...I love to play, and love to watch too...I was sad to see Agassi lose in the final, but that was certainly expected, and I got to witness one of the best matches I've ever seen in the Agassi-Blake tilt...I hope you caught that one over there Redskins, it was a classic!
Redskins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
Redskins wrote:

I do remember you, Redskins. Those were the days when this board was much smaller, and the Redskins forum was basically non-existent. Those were also the days that most of the 'Skins fans here were praying for a chance to get Mike Williams. We see how well that turned out I guess....

Tennis also happens to be one of my big sports...I love to play, and love to watch too...I was sad to see Agassi lose in the final, but that was certainly expected, and I got to witness one of the best matches I've ever seen in the Agassi-Blake tilt...I hope you caught that one over there Redskins, it was a classic!

That might have been a night match I didn't stay up for. As much as like Federer, part of me was sad not to see Agassi pull off the victory. I stayed up for a few night matches, including up at 3am watching Clijsters won, which she did Very Happy.

Oh and glad to see you remember me back in the day, how we screwed up Mike Williams on took Carlos Rogers is beyond me but hey, that's the 'Skins. I kinda liked the 'Skins sight being a lot smaller. It's kind of sad when I look at the board and there's people with like 5000 posts going

"WE SO TOTALLY RULE"

Or something to that affect. As for me, I'll probably disappear again, maybe not now that the season is back!
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, my names michael and im 15 from Damascus MD. BTW e16 congrats on your milestone. Even though i dont post often im always in the forum reading, i love this place. I also am a big tennis fan, and Im a singles player for my highschool. I love the redskins and Michigan wolverines football (dad went there). And like someone said early, its really cool how this forum has grown so much. I again remember back when we were all praying for MIKE williams, trying to find out every possible scenario to get him, lol. Then we DIDNT PICK HIM. Well this forums great and i look forward to a fun season-unless brunell starts.
clintonownsdc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name's David, and I'm from Richmond, VA. I'm a freshman at Virginia Tech, and an engineering major. Of course I bleed burgundy and gold and now burnt orange and maroon! Some off my interests include soccer, baseball, drooling over Sean Taylor, and just having a good time with the buds.

PS If any Skins fans wanna make me a sig I'd be forever indebted. Just send me a message and I'll give you the details of my super awesome and original design.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
Wow, that is so sweet, what a game in 'Skins history! Actually, what a game in NFL history! Doug Williams = The Man in that game. It's because of that game that I have so much faith in Joe Gibbs to lead us back to glory.

Yeah that game was amazing. I thought we were toast after the 1st quarter ended....then came the 2nd and I never looked back!!

e16bball wrote:
That sounds pretty cool, LA, anything we should be looking for in a theater near us anytime soon?

Right now I am working on a few shows, the one that I know will be out soon is called Il Mare with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock (insert Speed 3 joke here) I have a feeling it will be a valentines day film but you never know when the release date will be.

P.S. I am also looking for someone to help me with a sig. PM me if you are intrested (i have photoshop and some skills just no time to sit down and do it)

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
baller11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i'm looking for help with a sig too. i really have no computer skills to speak of, so i really need some assisstance...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: