Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guys, we found are need of the draft and need for right know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Guys, we found are need of the draft and need for right know Reply with quote

WR. (period)

This is who we got

1. Deion Branch: If he gets hurt we are [inappropriate/removed]
2. David Givens: This guy is our best WR and needs to be signed asap
3. Troy Brown: Not like he used to be, and he hasn't played WR in over a year
4. Tim Dwight: Uh, he looked good in preseason so what?
5. Andre Davis: Still needs to know the system
6. Bethel Johnson: Should be cut, cant catch a cold

Dwight, Davis and Johnson are EXACTLY the same players. Brown being are 3rd WR is scary, sorry Troy.

Okay guys so what happens if Branch gets hurt like he always does and Givens and Brown are the 1-2. And to cap this off Givens, Brown, Dwight and Davis are all free agents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to sign Givens and when we do we still need a WR because Brown will retire and Dwight and Davis will probably be gone.

So if you want to plug a position in the pats draft slot in round 1 it's WR. Don't give me that ILB [inappropriate/removed] when we have Bruschi, Brown, Beisel next year.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Guys, we found are need of the draft and need for right Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:

Don't give me that ILB - when we have Bruschi, Brown, Beisel next year.

Still, if Abdul Hodge is at our pick, I'd jump on him in a heartbeat.

I think Derek Hagan may slip to us. If he does, I'd also be thrilled. Also, I love BYU's Todd Watkins as well.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
King TXL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Browns are old.

Should have kept Sam
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with you hollywood. I really know wish we traded up and got Mark Clayton even though Mankins has been great.

Next Year the guy I want to see the Pats get is Santonio Holmes.
rblevens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsfan01 wrote:
I agree 100% with you hollywood. I really know wish we traded up and got Mark Clayton even though Mankins has been great.

Next Year the guy I want to see the Pats get is Santonio Holmes.

BB tried to trade up with the Ravens for Clayton but Billick had his heart set on MC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Guys, we found are need of the draft and need for right Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:

Dwight, Davis and Johnson are EXACTLY the same players. Brown being are 3rd WR is scary, sorry Troy.

I wouldnt say that.

Bethel is rock solid at 5'11 200. Tim Dwight is 5'9 180. Bethel, and Davis for that matter, can do things that Dwight can't because of their size.

Dwight is pretty much just a return man, not much of a receiver.

Bethel has more wiggle in his game than Dwight does too.

Both Bethel and Davis are better receivers than Dwight. Bethel's only played two years in the league. Eric Moulds took two years to become what he is also. Not saying he'll be Moulds, but receivers take awhile.

Those guys are not the same player.

Quote:
So if you want to plug a position in the pats draft slot in round 1 it's WR. Don't give me that ILB - when we have Bruschi, Brown, Beisel next year.

If you want to say dont put ILB because BB has shown the tendency to not draft ILB, thats one thing. But listing a guy coming off of heart surgery and a guy that will be what, 36 years old and we dont know how well he will adjust is not reasons why we won't draft an ILB.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think in next years draft yall will need another LB because yall are not getting any younger at that positition. second round yall should get a SS

one of the great ones on this site
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a SS... We have James Sanders and Guss Scott both of which will be starters at some point in there careers.

And i don't think Bethel is a better "reciver" as in catching ability as Dwight... Bethel hasn't shown me any ability to be a good route runner or great hands...he's made one good catch. ( the Seattle game ) thats it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Dwight has only caught 14 passes in two years on a QB starved team.

Bethel's bigger, quicker, and faster. While he may not be as developed, I'll take his chance for a homerun over Dwight's pretty much nothing as a receiver if I had to choose.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Guys, we found are need of the draft and need for right Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:
WR. (period)

This is who we got

1. Deion Branch: If he gets hurt we are -
2. David Givens: This guy is our best WR and needs to be signed asap
3. Troy Brown: Not like he used to be, and he hasn't played WR in over a year
4. Tim Dwight: Uh, he looked good in preseason so what?
5. Andre Davis: Still needs to know the system
6. Bethel Johnson: Should be cut, cant catch a cold

Okay guys so what happens if Branch gets hurt like he always does and Givens and Brown are the 1-2. And to cap this off Givens, Brown, Dwight and Davis are all free agents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to sign Givens and when we do we still need a WR because Brown will retire and Dwight and Davis will probably be gone.

So if you want to plug a position in the pats draft slot in round 1 it's WR. Don't give me that ILB - when we have Bruschi, Brown, Beisel next year.

Man, it took me forever to translate this message, but once I did I get the feeling that someone doesn't like the Patriots receivers. Here's my quick take.

Branch -- by far the highest upside guy of the lot. He's got speed and decent hands. However, he's almost exclusively a between the 20's guy and seems to become invisible once the ball goes into the Red Zone.

Givens -- not the most potential, but a talented WR and by far the most stable receiver on this team. He's not a flashy kind of guy, but he's Tom's favorite WR target in the Red Zone.

Brown -- I was very surprised that he made the team to be honest with you. I think it was mostly due to his versatility. He still runs his routes well but I have to wonder how long he can do it.

Dwight -- One of my favorite offseason pickups. In Dwight, the Pats have a professional return man who can flat out fly. He hasn't embarassed himself as a receiver but his specialty is deep routes meaning that his role on offense will primarily be as a decoy.

Johnson -- When the Pats drafted this guy, my brother (the WR nut) loved the pick. Put simply, Johnson has ridiculous speed which makes him a HUGE threat in the return game and in the deep passing game. The problem is that he and Dwight fill the same role in the offense. Either he's being put on some kind of Patriot probation or he's going to be asked to fill other roles in the offense.

Davis -- Don't know much about him other than the fact that he's got speed and hands and was starting to appear on the back on milk cartons in the Browns offensive team meetings. Boku skill when he came out of school (2nd round pick) but just never used properly in the mess that was Butch Davis' offense.

One thing that jumps out at you about New England's WR corps is that they like mighty mouse receivers. Troy, Branch, and Dwight look like they were all cloned from the 5' 9" guys who used to play WR 15-20 years ago. Makes you think that Graham, Watson, and Fauria have to get a lot of work in goal-to-go sets.
FF Member #1031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: