Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Robert Thomas Reply with quote

The PAck just traded for him and I wonder what you guys thought about him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former first round pick with lots of speed, but never developed the intensity and strength to be a force in the middle. He can play any LB position, and makes a great backup, but from what I've heard of the Packers' LB core, he'll probably start.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aheineken wrote:
Former first round pick with lots of speed, but never developed the intensity and strength to be a force in the middle. He can play any LB position, and makes a great backup, but from what I've heard of the Packers' LB core, he'll probably start.

So, you're saying he's more than serviceable? There's a gentleman I've been conversing with who absolutely loathes Robert Thomas' play. He referred to him as a "slug", being unable to recognize certain plays developing until it was too late. Is he on to anything here???
aheineken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
aheineken wrote:

So, you're saying he's more than serviceable? There's a gentleman I've been conversing with who absolutely loathes Robert Thomas' play. He referred to him as a "slug", being unable to recognize certain plays developing until it was too late. Is he on to anything here???

He's not horrible. He did start for the Rams for 3 years. He has a tendency to overrun plays and not stick to his assignment. The guy you're conversing with is pretty much right, but he's not as bad as he's making him out to be. He'll make a descent addition to a weak Packers' LB core.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be a good addition to a Green Bay team in need of LB depth...he's a good complimentary player just not a huge playmaker...I'm not too thrilled all we got for a former 1st rounder was an unjured former 7th round pick...I guess Thomas' value was pretty low.
Halradio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a former first round pick goes from starter to back up, his value pretty much follows his drop on the depth chart.

The Rams at this point had to take would they could get for him now versus getting nothing for him next year.

The Packers obviously thought highly enough of the guy they traded to the Rams to keep him for two years even if injuries kept him off the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: