Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For the last time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: For the last time Reply with quote

All this franchise alexander trade crap will not happen,

WE NEED THE FRANCHISE TAG FOR HASSLEBECK IF HE DOES NOT SIGN A LONG TERM DEAL.

That is why these trades don't happen teams almost always need the franchise tag for players they want to keep.
J2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasselbeck will almost certainly sign. W. Jones is the one we need to worry about. If we can get both of these guys, then it would be dumb not to franchise and trade alexander. Im not saying that again...
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2-what does dwight freeney and julius peppers mean?
J2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats from my franchise draft. I started one in the nfl mock draft 2005 folder. I had two teams Seattle and Atlanta obviously and those were both of my first round picks. We are almost out of the first round...
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it would be dumb not to do that but what is fair? There are a lot of back out there for a lot less. What would you take for him if you were g.m. for instance? If there were possibilities of a trade of this nature, what would be fair?
SHONUFF-Matt is decent but if you haven't noticed, he dosn'tr throw deep very well and after three years, you'd think he could pick up a weak side blitz. He wouldn't thrive in any other offense than the NW Coast. There won't be any need to franchise Matt, he won't leave. He'll be exposed. He's good but not in the top tier of Qb's. But, if they had some guys that could catch it'd be different. GOD, I wsould love to be proved wrong. Please lord, giveth unto them some hands, that catcheth ball after balleth.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2 wrote:
Hasselbeck will almost certainly sign. W. Jones is the one we need to worry about. If we can get both of these guys, then it would be dumb not to franchise and trade alexander. Im not saying that again...

It would sure be nice to see that happen...the Alexander thing.

Although, there are a few OTs out there this year that might do us well instead of Jones...Jones will likely want top OT coin for several years. He's not worth it...right now he's close to being the best, but that is how teams get into cap trouble -- by signing aging veterans whose skills are declining to long term contracts with increasing salaries.

Back to Alexander...one of the most likely candidates to pick up Alexander is Arizona...thus, we might need to tag him and trade him just to keep him away from Arizona.
J2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jer gibbons, I personally wouldnt want to trade and aquire alexander if i were any team unless it was a major bargain. Thing is i already know about alexander. I dont feel he is one of the top backs in the league. Most people however, think he is. Most gms put alexander way above travis henry and lamont jordan and even most of the top rookie rbs. I mean if you think so highly of a rb like most do of alexander, they would definitely try to get him as apposed to other players they dont like as much being henry, jordan ect. Its not like i am expecting teams to trade away everything they have to get alexander, i think that they would offer up a decent amount though.
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j2-I agree with a lot of what y are saying about shaun. The stutter step drives me nuts but I think that he took cre of that this year with a little bit more maturity. But most do see him as one of the top. There's no other rb I want in the red zone accept Priest but I think he's about done. Someone will grossly overpay him, I live in No. Phoenix and I doubt that the cards would do it. I guess what I meant was that he is rated higher that the rest but with cap restrictions and todays nfl, the teams that need a rb also need lots of help elsewhere so take on a huge salary you'd think they'd add more for less but hey, I just sell timeshare. What do I know! I guess to add a HUGE salary and lose a pick would be alot for a team in need. But I concur my fine feathered friend, it would be nice. No pun intended.
J2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree too, but those some of those teams that need a rb are in the rebuilding process, so chances are they may look to build there team around a top rb like alexander. Just a thought
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: hawks Reply with quote

We already made an offer that was decline some where in the ball park
of 40 mil over 6 years.The fact is that in Holgrens offence,it is the original
straigt from Bill Walshes head west coast offence.How many times did you see the 49ers super bowl teams throw down field,almost never.
They made big plays because Rice and John Taylor can run with the football.It is not hasslebecks fault,it is the play calling.You have to throw the ball down field, if you don't have Rice in his prime or Taylor.[/code]
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I kmow it's the playcalling as wel. He dons't throw the bomb well. Against Balitimore last year when we lit them up. every so often we do that. It drives me nuts. Just saying we never stretch the field. Ever. Real quick drops and they still can't pick up the blitz. Am I the only one that see's this? It's not tough to know what's coming. Mariucci, Reid, Shermann, and Chucky(name eludes me), same offense, all stretch the field. Rice and Taylor most certainly went deep. Rice has 200 td's. I'm pretty sure they ran more than slants and seven yard outs. The guys we have can go deep. They don't need 4.3 speed to run a go route. But I understand what you are saying as well SHONUFF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: