Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS!!!! SURTAIN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS!!!! SURTAIN Reply with quote

Surtain GIVEN PERMISSION TO TALK WITH OTHER TEAMS!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1981681
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE DONT SAY A 2ND ROUNDER. wHAT DO YOU THINK WE CAN GET FOR HIM. THIS GUY IS A TOP 5 CB IF NOT A TOP 2 OR 3. WE CAN GET BIG COMPENSATION FOR THIS GUY. I GUESS HE IS AS GOOD AS GONE!
wrayce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

My signature gallery
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got to agree,we are only gonna save 6 million by trading him,can we get anyone even close to his talent for less than 6 million..he is 28..saban has said he was going to put a different scheme out there,but this guy could be great in any scheme..seems like a mistake get feely a line
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I can see this working out well is if we get a 1st rounder off someone and then pick up Rolle from UM with the 2nd pick in this years draft. If not we are doomed!

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we might be able to get a trade with dallas,get one of there picks..still dont like it
sox2004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we might be able to get a trade with dallas,get one of there picks..still dont like it Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by sox2004 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way I would take a Corner as the first pick. We have Will Poole who may get burned next year some, but will eventually mature into a good corner (Saban is looking into future). We also have Howard as a backup. If he does want to take a corner here are the guys expected to go in late 1st or early 2nd
Pac-Man Jones, Carlos Rogers (Auburn), Brandon Browner, Justin Miller, Corey Webster (LSU), Marlin Jackson, Bryant McFadden, Eric Green, and Antonio Perkins.
But I think that San Diego or Dallas will trade their late 1st Rounder and give us a shot at:
David Pollack (DE-Georgia)
Channing Crowder (ILB-Florida)
Brodney Pool (S- Oklahoma)
Adam Terry (OT- Syracuse)
Elton Brown (OG- Virginia)
Ciatrick Fason (RB - Florida)
Or maybe, but doubtfully
Shaun Cody (DT- USC)
Jammal Brown (OT - Oklahoma)
Any of these would be great picks for Miami because they need someone in all of these positions. Crowder would be a good pick if they take a RB at #2, then Crowder could replace Seau, which will take 3 mill or so off the cap. We also need some O-Line, but our Oline is so young, i dont know if we need another Rookie, however these guys are good. I don't know about Fason, b/c he has never impressed me. We could also use someone next to Taylor or opposite of him to help with the pass rush. A good pass rush is the biggest help to young corners (Poole). I think that letting Surtain go to Dallas or San Diego for their late #1 is a great idea and should be pursued.
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
There is no way I would take a Corner as the first pick.

I see what your saying. You are all going to have to educate me when it comes to college players. As my name suggest im in Ireland and we dont get any NCAA Football here.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
dolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD TRADE PAT TO OAKLAND FOR PHILIP BUCHANON AND A 2ND ROUND PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT. PHILIP HAS STATED THAT HE WANTS TO GET TRADED. SO WHY WOULDN'T HE WANT TO COME BACK TO MIAMI WHERE HE STARTED AT THE "U". TO ME THIS WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD TRADE FOR US.
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Possible takers for Surtain Reply with quote

First off, I love the news that Surtain was given permission to seek a trade. I've been advocating this since November and I'm happy to see that its coming about.

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
There is no way I would take a Corner as the first pick.

I agree. Too much at stake. Unless the guy is out of this world talented, I wouldn't touch a cornerback in the top-5. My guess is that, barring a trade, the Dolphins will select either Derrick Johnson or Carnell "Cadillac" Williams. As for Cedric Benson, one word: O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

dolphin wrote:
I WOULD TRADE PAT TO OAKLAND FOR PHILIP BUCHANON AND A 2ND ROUND PICK

Don't see it happening and I wouldn't like it if it did. For starters, Surtain isn't that valuable. He was about 3 years ago but he isn't anymore. He hasn't played a full 16 games since 2001 and his knee hasn't been the same since he hurt it in Indy early in 2002. Second, Buchanon in not the kind of player Saban's looking for. He wants guys who are coachable and Buchanon is just another kid who relies on talent to get by.

Last edited by frankmoore on Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
wrayce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphin wrote:
I WOULD TRADE PAT TO OAKLAND FOR PHILIP BUCHANON AND A 2ND ROUND PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT. PHILIP HAS STATED THAT HE WANTS TO GET TRADED. SO WHY WOULDN'T HE WANT TO COME BACK TO MIAMI WHERE HE STARTED AT THE "U". TO ME THIS WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD TRADE FOR US.

i would love that trade to but do you think that oakland would giive us that muchmaybe a third

My signature gallery
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I think phillip buchanon is good and would be great in a fins uni, but i think we should give will poole a chance.
If we can get a late first rounder from dallas or san diego, then maybe at pick #2 we can pick up cadillac or another back, then with the pick from surtain, draft crowder to replace seau, or a DE or DT or OL.
cboyzphan21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was reading the post because i live in miami but im a cowboyz fan i really think that surtain is a good corner but i think all you guys can get for surtain is a mid-late second or early 3rd i think alot of teams would back of because of his contract and there would be many free agent corners with alot of upside for little money like ken lucas and gary baxter and also corner backs arent worth that much because of the new rule i would love for the cboyz to trade dat ngyuen for a third and trade it to the dolphins for surtain.
jetsfan01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Surtain Reply with quote

Patrick Surtain is coming to the Jets for a second round pick, Miami is looking to get rid of him and Herman Edwards is looking for a number one corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: