Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Niner 3-round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if the 49ers and Titans did that trade, but the Titans don't need to draft a QB, Volek lit it up onve McNair went out ;ast year.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:

4th round: QB Matt Jones convert him to TE

We got Eric Johnson and Aaron Walker
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:
THis is what I think the Niners should do. Trade down with the Titans for their 7th overall pick, next year's first round pick and this years 3rd round pick. Titans can get a quarterback because McNair is going to retire this year and even if he isn't they will need to groom a quarterback when he does retire which is this year or next because this guy is hurting so bad with all his injuries.

1st round: QB Alex Smith
2nd round: S Shazor
3rd round: K Nugent
3rd round: Chad Owen and make him a PR and/or KR
4th round: QB Matt Jones convert him to TE
5th round: an RB

That would be great, but didn't the Titans b/u QB, Volek pass for over 300 yds in multiple games this year? The Titans have too many holes in their team to pull that deal, but it'd be great if you are right.
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Volek is a perfect back up quarterback. Plus didn't Rattay have pretty good games last year when he went in for Garcia. Both Rattay and Volek had one really bad game as a replacement. Doug Johnson formerly of the falcons had good showings when vick was injured but then when he was put out their long term he sucked. But if the Titans don't work I am pretty sure there is a team from 5-10 who would want the first overall pick. by the way, I think every good team should have 3 TE's and taking Matt Jones in the 4th round is not bad. Rams picked Eric Crouch in the 3rd and he isn't as good as Jones. Jones will need a couple of years to develop fully and if Johnson wants to leave SF then Jones and Walker can step in.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sportsfevah08"] I think every good team should have 3 TE's and taking Matt Jones in the 4th round is not bad.quote]

What very good team has 3 TE's. TE and linebackers are strongest positions the niners have. Team many holes too draft yet another TE
speedkillz33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no good team has 3 good TE, but if they were to leave Jones at WR then that would be crazy mismatches for everyone, I read that Jones was catching everything thrown in his direction at the Senior Bowl, and that was over some good corners. Plus i think he runs a legitimate 4.5
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you guys forget the part where i said about the possibility of Johnson leaving. Jones could be the next Gonzalez who could out muscle and out run linebackers and safeties.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:
I guess you guys forget the part where i said about the possibility of Johnson leaving. Jones could be the next Gonzalez who could out muscle and out run linebackers and safeties.

No way he will ever be like Tony Gonzalez. Never

If he is so good a WR or TE why didn't he play those positions and dominate. U have to be abler to dominate in college to do so in the NFL
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't play in college because his coach wanted him to play QB. They needed a QB more than they did WR or TE.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:
He didn't play in college because his coach wanted him to play QB. They needed a QB more than they did WR or TE.

But if he is so dominate they would have thrown him at WR TE and just there backup and they would have a playmaker. He was no playmaker at the QB spot. I doubt he will have an impact to who ever drafts him
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSH. If they did not have a QB, who would be throwing him the ball so he could make those big plays?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: