Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Treat Kevin Curtis more like a number 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yordmachine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Treat Kevin Curtis more like a number 1 Reply with quote

I have somewhat followed Kevin Curtis from his days in St.Louis.
First he was a great 3rd string WR, then a good starter, now a true number 1. He was open at least 5 times during the Patriots game and Feeley didnt even look in his direction. If they treat him more like a 1 hed have stud number 1 Wr type stats, from what ive seen of him. What do you guys think about all the experts saying the Eagles need a true number 1 Wr, because i think they have one.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really have a number one in our system. Everyone gets the ball, and that's how we move down the field. I'm not too big on Curtis, I still think Westbrook is our best reciever.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
ok go26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I agree. His hands are inconsistent, he's fast but not quick, and his routes are good but not that great. Overall, he (like most of our receivers) has the makeup of a solid #2 at best.

Still looking for that #1 guy.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis is solid but he's not a number 1 IMO. He's too inconsistent and that's against single coverage a lot of the time. #1 WR's beat double coverage and play well consistently which Curtis doesn't do.

#JDI
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Curtis is a #2 WR at best. There is no way he can be a #1 WR in any team.
Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Limas Sweed, and James Hardy are the kind of #1 WR the Eagles should be looking for.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Kevin Curtis is a #2 WR at best. There is no way he can be a #1 WR in any team.
Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Limas Sweed, and James Hardy are the kind of #1 WR the Eagles should be looking for.

I do NOT want Sweed but I would love Bowman or Hardy. I really believe if the eagles wanted Sweed they might as well had signed Mike Williams.

#JDI
phillyphanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok go26 wrote:
Can't say I agree. His hands are inconsistent, he's fast but not quick, and his routes are good but not that great. Overall, he (like most of our receivers) has the makeup of a solid #2 at best.

Well said. In my opinion though, we're lacking a #3 reciever more than anything. Jason Avant isn't even on pace to break 25 catches on the season, all while sporting a mediocre 12.3 YPC. At the NFL, if you want to be playing playoff ball, that just doesn't cut it period. Which is why I like this scenario best. Bring in a very talented reciever in from the draft, like James Hardy for example. Pencil him in as the #3 with the occasional spot start, along with 40 catches, 600 yards and 5 touchdowns. Don't worry about him for the rest of the season. That along with production from the other recievers, the tight-ends, and runningbacks equals a good passing game. Best of all, the next year he's a #1 reciever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="phillyphanatic"]
ok go26 wrote:

Well said. In my opinion though, we're lacking a #3 reciever more than anything. Jason Avant isn't even on pace to break 25 catches on the season, all while sporting a mediocre 12.3 YPC. At the NFL, if you want to be playing playoff ball, that just doesn't cut it period. Which is why I like this scenario best. Bring in a very talented reciever in from the draft, like James Hardy for example. Pencil him in as the #3 with the occasional spot start, along with 40 catches, 600 yards and 5 touchdowns. Don't worry about him for the rest of the season. That along with production from the other recievers, the tight-ends, and runningbacks equals a good passing game. Best of all, the next year he's a #1 reciever.[/quote]

Haven't we tried and thought that already with Reggie!!!!!!

Curtis was missed several times against the Pats and yes he is Talented and Fast, but he's not a #1. Nor do I think any WR in the draft will be our #1 in 2008 or even 2009 if were lucky. We need to somehow Trade for a proven #1 WR regardless of what it takes and put Curtis in the slot like NE does Welker. Thats what we're missing.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
stevec0008

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillyphanatic wrote:
ok go26 wrote:

.....doesn't cut it period. Which is why I like this scenario best. Bring in a very talented reciever in from the draft, like James Hardy for example. Pencil him in as the #3 with the occasional spot start, along with 40 catches, ...

You have to IMO, i mean look at CJohnson.
Best WR in years, and hes only a number 2, so he can adjust to the speed, the new playbook, and get a read for our QB(whomever that will be next year)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
phillyphanatic wrote:
ok go26 wrote:

.....doesn't cut it period. Which is why I like this scenario best. Bring in a very talented reciever in from the draft, like James Hardy for example. Pencil him in as the #3 with the occasional spot start, along with 40 catches, ...

You have to IMO, i mean look at CJohnson.
Best WR in years, and hes only a number 2, so he can adjust to the speed, the new playbook, and get a read for our QB(whomever that will be next year)

yea him being a number 2 may also have to do with roy williams being on their team. in my opinion we need a true number one receiver if we want to be a contender next year. i dont personally like any receivers in this upcoming draft. it would be great if we could get a guy like bryant johnson who i think would flourish in our system. of course chad johnson would be ideal but i dont see that working out
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a proven, dominant veteran through a trade or the free agency over any body in this year's draft. I don't see any of them making great pros, and the failure rate of receivers in the NFL is extremely high.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I would take a proven, dominant veteran through a trade or the free agency over any body in this year's draft. I don't see any of them making great pros, and the failure rate of receivers in the NFL is extremely high.

Lets say the Cincinnati Bengals donít want to trade Chad Johnson, there is no other "Dominant Veteran" in the Free Agency or Trade...

A lot of things can change from no to the draft, but I say we draft a WR like Adarius Bowman or Malcolm Kelly and finally get that #1 WR we have always wanted. We also give a reliable target to Kevin Kolb, and they can kinda of like grow up together... A best friend QB is his WR.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Phire wrote:

Lets say the Cincinnati Bengals donít want to trade Chad Johnson, there is no other "Dominant Veteran" in the Free Agency or Trade...

A lot of things can change from no to the draft, but I say we draft a WR like Adarius Bowman or Malcolm Kelly and finally get that #1 WR we have always wanted. We also give a reliable target to Kevin Kolb, and they can kinda of like grow up together... A best friend QB is his WR.

You never know who might become available.

I'm not really a fan of early wideouts.

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Treat Kevin Curtis more like a number 1 Reply with quote

yordmachine wrote:
What do you guys think about all the experts saying the Eagles need a true number 1 Wr, because i think they have one.

The Eagles don't have a #1 WR. The ideal #1 WR that we had in Philly was T.O., but his mouth got him hated and in trouble. If we could draft a big physical, tallented WR,(like T.O. is but without the mouth) he is who we should have as a #1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGC-19d2q18

I wish we had another 2004 type offseason, bring in the best offensive and defensive players available.

Their careers here weren't very long, but they produced.

EDIT: Not http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ugo8b7WDaMI

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: