Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-season Game 2...RAMS vs. San Diego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Pre-season Game 2...RAMS vs. San Diego Reply with quote

Post your toughts leading up to and during Sunday's game versus the Chargers...

Last edited by 2105 yards on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
aheineken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been nice to see how the defense that dominated the Bears can do against a better offense, but without LT and Gates, I'm not sure the Chargers offense is better than the Bears, so I guess we'll have to wait til next week to see that.

I do, however, think this game will be very helpful in preparing for game 1 agains the 49ers. It will give the offense some pratice against the 34 defense that the 9ers are now using, which will be helpful in Bulger establishing his reads against a defense he's not used to seeing.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Akron Zips
Halradio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely want to see some better work out of the first team offense, especially in the passing game.
2105 yards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
Definitely want to see some better work out of the first team offense, especially in the passing game.

yah Bulger didn't exactly show mid season form in the opener...but hopefully he shook off the rust and will let it fly this weekend.
magscivic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well now that Butler is out, I am really interested in who will be the other starting CB. From what I hear and read, Groce and Bartell are the two leading canidates. Also, I can't wait to see Barron playing in the 2nd half, I have heard he will play the entire half.
aheineken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magscivic wrote:
well now that Butler is out, I am really interested in who will be the other starting CB. From what I hear and read, Groce and Bartell are the two leading canidates. Also, I can't wait to see Barron playing in the 2nd half, I have heard he will play the entire half.

Apparently Barron been impressive at LT in camp. I've heard he's been very aggressive in 1 on 1 drills, which is great news considering that many scouts said he had problems with not being agressive. He even got into a little fight with Tony Hargrove because he was still going after him after the whistle blew. If he can keep up this attitude and make the transfer to RT, we might be looking at the best tackle-tandem in the league by the time the playoffs get here.
Akron Zips
2105 yards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the defense threw in a real stinker..same problems as last year, can't stop the run...maybe this was just a wake up call...at leat I hope it is and not a sign of continued tackling problems for the defense.
aheineken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching it right now, DVR'd it. The defense is looking awful. That first run by LT was terrible, he didn't even get touched. On a high note, Corey Ivy is my new favorite Rams defensive back. This kid is doing everything right. He's been covering his man well, and seems to be the only DB coming up and making tackles. I don't care if he's undersized, he's playing physical, and I like that. He should at the very least be our nickle, if not beat out Groce for the Butler's spot.

Bulger has also looked alot better. Faulk should have caught that ball that was picked off. I think the offense is going to be the best its been since the days of the GSOT. Kevin Curtis IMO, is better than Hakim ever was, and with Bruce and Holt are still the best 1-2 WR combo in the NFC. Jackson adds a new dimension to the offense, giving us the abilit to pound the ball, and Faulk is still showing some quickness (in fact more so than last year). I think the O is going to be great this year.
Akron Zips
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game stats for the D were not pretty.

Although some of that was due to Pickett not playing and Archuleta trying to shake the rust off.

It was good to see the first team offense hit its stride though.
2105 yards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about the "D" yet...but that kind of effort won't get it done, so they better turn it up a notch next week...I read that Faulk came into camp leaner than the last couple of years...When they line him up out wide this year and spread the opposing defenses...it's gonna be so much fun to watch Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this though - barring injury it looks like Groce is settled in as starting corner across from Fisher.

Also, its pretty safe to say at this point that the 3rd QB slot is Fitzpatrick's to lose.
2105 yards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I will say this though - barring injury it looks like Groce is settled in as starting corner across from Fisher.

Also, its pretty safe to say at this point that the 3rd QB slot is Fitzpatrick's to lose.

I think you're right about Fitzpatrick...I really like Smoker and I think he can still be an NFL QB but Fitzpatrick has looked so natural so far throwing the ball in this offense...so whoever is the best guy will win it and it looks like its gonna be Fitzpatrick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: