You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Last Analysis before the Season Starts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Last Analysis before the Season Starts Reply with quote

I know this has been done alot, but i think this would be the best time to do it, right before the actual season starts. You know, the same way people do mock drafts before the actual draft happens. So here it is

i kinda wanted to do analysis of the team and how i think the team will fare this season before it actually kicks off. Then at the end, come back to this thread and see what went right and see what went wrong.

i really think if(this is a HUGE if) we stay healthy on both sides of the ball for most of the season, then we're in the playoffs. i know this sounds to homerish, but i believe that with a trio of former first round picks(KJ and TG) and a good slot in QM/PC then we have a pretty damn good WR corps. im not anything amazing, but if we can run the ball well and our Defense makes some plays like they did two years ago with lesser talent then we have a real good shot of making the playoffs this year and an even better shot the following year. so here is my analysis...enjoy Very Happy

Secondary

im still a little shaky about our secondary because of the FS position. but i think with the pass rush(that we didnt have last year) will ease the loss of not cover FS. people like Terence Newman will have a better than last year performance with the pass rush that we will have. Also, Pro-Bowl Strong saftey Roy Williams might be able to have a monster year by moving back to his natural position. If Roy can play like he did in college then we did end up drafting the best Saftey of the 2002 Draft Class.

Front Seven

in the front seven we seem fine in terms of talent. just we lack experience. that'll come in time and in time be back on top for several years Twisted Evil. Now, i read that Bradie James seems to have a better understanding of his assignments in the ILB of the 3-4. I hear all the time that he has all the physical tools, its just that he makes too many mental mistakes. IF he stops making the messing up with his assignments then we have something special, something truly special with BJ. he has the potential to be a beast. i see some hartwell in him(in terms of how he contributed to the team alongside his #1 LB, i dont need to name him do i.

I read that Chris Canty is doing good. if he can translate his success from teh college to the pros(he racked up over 100 tackles his junior year when he was fully healthy) then we'll have the next "too tall" jones.

Demarcus Ware seems to be living up to his potential so far. got past Flozell "Da Hotel" Adams in practice. whenever we blitz, it should be successful even more. the only problem is his recognition, that'll come in time.

Marcus Spears hopefully will have the same type of impact that Seymour has on the SB champion Patriots. the sooner Spears gets back the better so he picks up on the Defense. Spears was vital in making the 3-4 and will anchor our Line for years along side Canty(thats gonna be SICK!!!!!)

Offensive Line

On Offense we seem set with the emergence of Jacob Rogers in TC. Bill Parcells said that Rogers is one of the best athletes on the team. As soon as Rogers gets back to full health with his full health then we'll finally see if Rogers has the goods.

The center part of our line seems set with 2 Pro Bowlers on both Guard positions with perennial probowler in Marco Rivera and the great Larry Allen, who has reportedly bought into Bill Parcellls conditioning program and is in the best shape in a long time. the left side is set with Larry Allen and the huge Left Tackle Flozell "Da Hote" Adams. this tag team is what keeps our QB's from getting blindsided.

Wide Recievers/TE

The talent of our WRs is unquestionable, but the age is. Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson are in the early thirties. The WR doesnt have to be touched for now but in three years it will because then these to will be in their mid to late thirties, assumming they dont retire as cowboys Very Happy

We all found the next jay novachek in Jason Witten. He can block, catch and run pretty fast. i think that his speed looks misleading because of his strides but he can get past safties and Matching him up with Line Backers is always a mismatch for the Line Backers.

picture this, jason witten going in the seems, Keyshawn working the middle of the field with his 6'4 frame and Terry Glenn going deep. It a beautiful thing.

Running Back

Our Running Back situation is great. We found our Franchise back in Second Round steal Julius "hotstepper" Jones, and we have amazing depth a the position. The stable of backs include Athony Thomas(who rushed for over a thousand yards twice in his career, and Marion Barber(who was part of the best RB combo last year in college). Also a person who is making a buzz is Rookie Tyson Thompson, who like Marion Barber can Return Punts. I'll tell you this, this guy can fly. if this guy makes the team then we might have finally found a cure for our Punt Return and Kick Off Return problem. That is if third year corner Terence Newman doesnt get the job.

Quarter Back

QB is a little mirky at this point. Drew Bledsoe needs to be protected to do well(what QB doesnt). we have a good offensive line to help, a great Running back and Tight End, a good corps of Wide Recievers. All Drew(bledsoe not henson...will not yet atleast) is manage the game.

X Factor
I have to agree with the person at DC.com that Terry Glenn is the X factor. He is our Deep threat and makes spectacular catches look routine.

NFL Record

i think its 10-6 Wild Card. We have more talent but less experience on the Defensive side of the ball so that evens out but i think the difference from this year to the 2003 season will be that our Offense will win us more games and our Defense will keep us in more games. I see Roy Williams going to the Hawaii along with Larry Allen and Jason Witten.

Phew...im tired. I was told to try to make quality posts. So here is My best(Hopefully to you all) Post ever on this site, also i hope yall have your analysis/Prediction. im interested to hear them.

Very Happy

one of the great ones on this site
denjenn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Last Analysis before the Season Starts Reply with quote

shadow walker wrote:

I read that Chris Canty is doing good. if he can translate his success from teh college to the pros(he racked up over 100 tackles his junior year when he was fully healthy) then we'll have the next "too tall" jones.

yes, this is great news considering the injuries this guy had to overcome.

Jim Burt was working with some of the younger players during practice and had this to say about Canty...

"I think," Burt said, "that Chris is gonna be a great player."

what Parcells said...
On a day when Parcells doesn't want to say anything nice about anyone, which could be just about any day, the head coach says, "I think we could be very fortunate. He's a very, very good prospect, from what I've seen so far."
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Canty=one of the biggest steals of the draft. Bill Parcells said that there was a team trying to trade up to draft canty. maybe it was the Patriots, who knows. but what i do know is that for several years to come, Spears and Canty are gonna hold the line down for us and shut down the rushing attacks from teams all around the league as they gain experience.

Warren Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never been this excited to see how our draft picks would do since.. i guess ever, i think if canty holds up we could have our best draft ever.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell you the truth, i never heard of canty until he was drafted. i mean, i heard people talk of him, but when i read the stats on him, i was amazed. to have over 100 tackles as a DL is amazing. I sure hope he gets back to the groove that he had back in VA. Very Happy

shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im telling you that canty and spears are gonna be the anchors of our D and with Roy and T-New roaming in the secondary, and Ware and Burnett at LB wreaking havoc we're gonna see some high ups because of their athleticism and some downs because of their youth. im telling you, we are gonna be in a place where no other franchise as been to more than us real soon......THE PLAYOFFS Very Happy

DallasDynasty94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that took a long [inappropriate/removed] time to read, but i agree what you said man i believe that we can make the playoffs again like in 2003 but just do better

Thank you Golf333333 For The Amazing Sig and Avatar.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously ive never really put that much effort into a post in a looooooong time. im glad you appreciate it Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: