Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My First Mock Draft(Comments Anyone?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position would you draft in the first round if you were Marvin Lewis?
DT
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
S
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Cantstop85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: My First Mock Draft(Comments Anyone?) Reply with quote

Here we go Round 1)DT Hawthorne
2)Jamaal Brimmer, S, UNLV
3)Best available CB
4)Best available C
5)Best available TE
6)Best available OL
rest of draft) DEFENSE!

IN MARVIN WE TRUST! thiis is my best prediction so far. Can't wait till the NFL combine then we will find out who really wants to play.

Last edited by Cantstop85 on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
starkesn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marvin has already said that he will not take a cb or a qb in this draft.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mock draft doesn't have the bengals take a qb. And where did u get that information about not takin a cb.
starkesn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bengals.com, i watch the sight religously. I only said qb because it was the other possition other than cb that marvin says are not priorities. Other than those possitions, he has said that they will likely take the best player on the board when their 1st pick comes, not necessarily a d- lineman, although it is likely.
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i had also read the article on bengals.com recently but i already had made this mock draft. now that that has been sed i belive that they will go for an OL in the 3rd round.I beleive that a center could wait a round or 2 and a TE would be chosen after an OL So...1)DL
2)S
3)OL
4)TE or C
This is my latest opinion on the draft as of 1/19/05 at 6:14 eastern time. Respond with any info or news. THNX for comments. GO BENGALS!!~!!
mstiegel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals could very well wind up with a DE in the first round. There is depth of talent there and Marvin will follow his formula. If that happens, don't be surprised if the Bengals make a move on a TE or C in the second round. I think it was ChargerMan mentioned big Kevin Everett out of Miami. He could be a guy that lots of teams look to move on. Also, Carter and Wilkison probably won't make it to 17 in the 3rd round. Honestly, any high level addition to the DL, C, or TE would be welcome. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lewis rolls the dice on Lofa Tatupu from USC if he hangs around later than expected.

I know people in Cincy will screaming for a big hitting SS (David Fulcher, anyone), but I don't know if Marvin sees that as the top priority.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteigel, you seem like you're very knowledgable when it comes to the bengals. Do you think marvin is going to draft a ss this year? Because almost all of the elite ss's in this draft are big hitters. How will they upgrade their safety position?
mstiegel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charger-

I don't know what Marvin will do at SS. He found one guy in Williams last year who fit his scheme. I really think he will make his move dependent on who is available where. Personally, I truly believe Lewis when he says he will draft the best 'Player' available with little regard to posiiton.

Also, Bengals fans who are fixated on the need for a big hitter at SS, I still feel, are missing the point. Our defense is different than say, Pittsburgh or NE, where a guy like Polamalu or Harrison is such a presence against the run. The reason our lack of run support was exposed many times in 2004 was because our interior (DT/MLB) got blown off the ball. That caused the defense's scheme to break down and play out of rhythm. I don't think a big lumberjack at SS could handle the coverage/range responsibilites Marvin ultimately wants in his scheme.

I think the answer will come if they can solve the problem upfront. Then, a current roster guy or maybe a draftee/free agent will be able to play the SS role the way it fits in our defense.
THE MAD JUNGLE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: A CRY OUT TO UNCLE MARVIN Reply with quote

ILL TELL U THIS IS A MAKE YOU OR BREAK YOU DRAFT THIS YEAR ,NOT THAT MUCH TALLENT POOL BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF IN YOUR FACE PHYSICAL UP COMING STARS ! HERES MY MOCK 1RD DT ANTAJJ HAWTHORNE TRADE P.WARRICK FOR A SECOND OR THIRD ROUND
GO FOR SS JAMAAL BRIMMERS 2RD AND HOPEFULLY IF TE ALEX SMITH IS AROUND GET HIM HIS A GOOD BLOCKER WITH GOOD HANDS .THOSE ARE THE TOP 3FOR ME OR IS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ? THEN MAYBE A SLEEPER CORNER.SOMEONE PLEASE INLIGHTEN ME ON THE SUBJECT.HOPEFULLY MIKE BROWN REALIZE THIS IS HIS TIME TO SHINE MAKE THE DEAL WITH COREY SIMON SIGN RUDY N TJ HUDZMAN.THEN NATE WEBSTER WILL BE HEALTHY AND GASED UP THE RUN STOPPING ABILITES WOULD BE EXPLOSIVE. BOTTOM LINE THE JUNGLE IS THIRSTY FOR PLAYOFF IN THE THE BELLY OF THE BEAST .
THE MAD JUNGLE
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completly understand what u are saying u took the words right out my mouth!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: