You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Copper and Crayton

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomsday2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Copper and Crayton Reply with quote

Are these guys the reason we didn't pick up a WR in the off season?

(Ahmad Merrit doesn't count).

I'm starting to think that Johnson and Bledsoe are the two players we cannot afford to loose.......... if we want to be 8-8

If Johnson went down..... could Crayton and Copper pick up some of the slack? I guess my point is, I see why Bill didn't get a WR because theese guys deserve an oppurtunity this year. They both deserve a chance...... So why should we have drafted or signed a WR if this is the case....... We got 5 average or solid WRs already. We can wait another year.

SO who do you guys put your money on......... Who will be more productive for the Cowboys next year?

I,....... with out a doubt, think Crayton has potential to be a no name reciever that breaks out one day. I like this kid. I hope he is the reason we draft Defense (or RT) next year in the first round instead of a rookie WR that will need time to develope.
zero_system

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Crayton showed a lot of promise in a few games, especially the second game against Washington. He'll be a good slot/4th receiver. Terrance Copper has also flashed some talent.. hopefully, they'll both develop into starters(so there won't be much to replace when Glenn and Johnson go).

"Boom! Here comes the boom! Ready or not, here comes the boys from the South!" -- P.O.D.
sportsfantex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: wr off season Reply with quote

the reason we didnt sign a wr in the off season is because there was no value for the right price. Sure there was plax and mussen mahammed but they were asking to high, i can see us in next years off season acquiring a good wr through draft or free agency. Oh and think about what you said on ahmad merrit. He has reportedly shown some stuff in mini camp. I know he has sucked in his previous seasons but he looks good so far but he still has to improve and do good in camp to make a roster spot. My guess for the wrs for are 53 man roster are key-glenn-morgan-copper-crayton-merrit
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them both but I would have to definitely disagree with the statement that Crayton showed a lot of promise in a few games. The only game where he really got to showcase his talent was the last game of the year although he did show a lot of promise in practice and workouts, just never got enough chances on the field.

I think Copper will turn out to be better WR, I watched him a lot at some of the home games I went to and he was all over the place. He would dive for the ball, go over the middle and I saw a bunch of times where he easily burned his man but we had either got sacked or turned the ball over or VT wouldn't look.

Anyone know what Copper runs the 40 in?

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Coach029

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what little we have gotten to see from Crayton and Copper, but I think the biggest factor that played into Bill not going after another WR right now is Jason witten. He almost pushes Morgan to a 4th receiver because Witten is really going to be the 3rd option for Bledsoe. He has freakish speed and route running skills for a guy who is 6' 7" 265 pounds. We certainly wouldn't pull him off the field to add any of our reserve receivers. We will at times move Witten to the slot receiver instead.

You can't talk about our passing game without talking about Jason Witten because he is a big part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayton was a steal and will produce if given a shot. copper also can produce

one of the great ones on this site
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crayton's development as a WR is progressing right on schedule. We all knew that he's a project and would take a few seasons to come into his own. If he plays well this season, he should be able to unseat Quincy Morgan for the #3 spot (provided he doesn't accomplish that this season), and may be able to sneak into the starting lineup next year. He reminds me a lot of Donald Driver when he was a rookie.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Crayton's development as a WR is progressing right on schedule. We all knew that he's a project and would take a few seasons to come into his own. If he plays well this season, he should be able to unseat Quincy Morgan for the #3 spot (provided he doesn't accomplish that this season), and may be able to sneak into the starting lineup next year. He reminds me a lot of Donald Driver when he was a rookie.

donald river is a fair comparison. whoever said hines ward, crayton isnt there yet until he becomes the toughest WR in the league. IMO.

JJones21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was one after being knocked down and thought there was penalty not called in a game popped right up and everyone thought it was to KJ and i hope Kj is a mentor to him right now because that would be really great for him i think it was crayton...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zero_system

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something on Crayton.

Quote:
"He has probably got overall as good of hands as we have on the team," Parcells said. "I didn't think last year when he had the opportunity to play that the game was too big for him. That's what you worry about with a player from his level of competition - that the game is too big for him when he first got there.

"Patrick wasn't a player we were really counting on last year to do much of anything. But he improved as he went, and I think now he recognized in the off-season again after being through it for a year, that experience helps very much and what he has to do to try to get in there."

Parcells said Tuesday he is "pushing Crayton pretty hard" to compete for the third receiver job and possibly spell Glenn during the game.

Crayton certainly looks the part in individual drills. He is fluid running routes and does, in fact, have a great set of hands.

"Boom! Here comes the boom! Ready or not, here comes the boys from the South!" -- P.O.D.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemme guess...dallascowboys.com.

i really like how they changed their site. that video feature, is that just for TC or is that throughout the whole season.

zero_system

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be for training camp.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: