Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Claiborne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtBDan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Chris Claiborne Reply with quote

Isn't Claiborne supposed to be a free agent after this year? If so, do you think they'll resign him or will it be another draft need?
Vikings fan.
rudd21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he is a free agent at the end of the year. A few weeks ago I would have said they would let him go because of all the injuries that he has had. But he has made some plays recently that might earn him a new contract given the Vikings overall inexperience at linebacker. I don't think they will pay too much money for him though.
secondeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikings definitely want Claiborne back, as bad as it sounds, Claiborne is far and away their best linebacker. When healthy Claiborne is one of the better linebackers in the game.. but that's kind of like saying when Randy Moss is behaving, he's one of the nicer people in the game.

It's going to hinge on two things.. #1 is the realization of Claiborne and his agent that you can't be paid for 16 games of high impact football when you only give 6-8. If Claiborne will accept a salary that is consistant with his production, it would be a done deal.

#2 is Claiborne has a strong desire to play middle linebacker, where the Vikings had E.J. Henderson penciled in for the future. The Vikings might be willing to placate Claiborne and let him try out MLB, at least to sign him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Helter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope they re-sign him even though he is injury prone

Quote:
secondeye
if the money is right for the play

there are not many free agent LB out there so signing him would be the best for the team
VIKEMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE DESERVES A SERIOUS LOOK ,I DONT KNOW THAT THEY'LL PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS? BUT IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE HIM BACK. LETS FACE IT WHEN HES HEALTHY HES NOTICEABLE ON THE FIELD. AND IS A FLAT OUT THUMPER LB ,SOMETHING VIKES NEED MORE OF... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: