Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC South Team Comparisons By An Unbiased Panther Fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis_48

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: NFC South Team Comparisons By An Unbiased Panther Fan Reply with quote

First off

QB:

CAR: Jake Delhomme
ATL: Mike Vick
NO: Aaron Brooks
TB: Brian Greise

Winner: Jake Delhomme, don't get me wrong here Vick is right on his heels but Jake is a pure all-around solid passer and Vick's accuracy is the question here also his decision making, Jake's leadership, passion, and smarts, make him the clear winner, but Vicks long run playmaking abillity makes him a strong second, while the other two pale in comparison.

RB:

CAR: Stephen Davis, DeShaun Foster, Eric Shelton
ATL: Mike Vick, Warrick Dunn, T.J. Duckett
NO: Duece McAllister, Antwoin Smith, Aaron Stecker
TB: Carnell Williams, Mike Alstott, Michael Pittman

Winner: Atlanta, with New Orleans coming in at number two, Tampa at three and Carolina finishing fourth, you guys know why ATL finishes first if your QB is a threat to rush for 1000 yrds and your RBs are not to shabby then your a clear pick for # one, you guys may lead the league again in rushing yardage per team, the only reason my Panthers came in last is b/c we really don't know if Davis will contribute much or if he will be the # one guy so it's all in the air right now but we won't struggle at running b/c our X-factor if all goes bad there is a man I didn't even mention and that is Nick Goings.

WR:

CAR: Steve Smith, Keary Colbert, Ricky Phroel, Rod Gardner
ATL: Peerless Price, Dez White, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins
NO: Joe Horn, Dante Stallworth, Az Hakim, Devery Henderson
TB: Joey Gallaway, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, Derrick Lewis

Winner: Carolina, Tampa in second, New Orleans in third and Atlanta finishing fourth, Carolina wins b/c Garder is Moose J.r. and may dethrown Colbert for # two, New Orleans and Tampa finishes ahead of Atlanta b/c Vicks accuracy and decision making if Vick steps up his passing game then Atlanta may make a strong push for #2 I like this kid Roddy White I Mean he is no Horn or Clayton but yet he is unproven and May be better one day but not now I also like Dez White he may be you guy's #1 reciever and don't forget Brian Finneran if and he will make the roster he is a DARK HORSE.

TE:

CAR: Freddie Jones, Kris Mangum, Mike Siedman
ATL: Alge Crumpler, Eric Beverly, Dwayne Blakley
NO: Boo Williams, Ernie Conwell, Mike Banks
TB: Anthony Becht, Dave Moore, Mike Lawrie

Winner: Hands down it's Atlanta Crumpler will lead the Falcons in recieving, Carolina comes in second, New Orleans in third, and Tampa in Fourth, Tampa is really high on Becht but I have no faith in this guy, New Orleans have a good vet and a good youngster, if Jones can learn to block then we may have two of the best blocking TE in the game Jones is also a red zone threat and I have been high on Mangum since he caught that tilt-a-whirl pass from Delhomme for a TD last year against KC.

OL

CAR: Jordan Gross, Tutan Reyes, Jeff Mitchell, Mike Wahle, Travelle Wharton
ATL: Todd Weiner, Martin Biblia, Todd McClure, Kenyon Forney, Kevin Shaffer
NO: Jammal Brown, Jamar Nesbit, LeCharles Bentley, Jermaine Mayberry, Wayne Gandy
TB: Derrick Deese, Jeb Terry, John Wade, Sean Mayhan, Kenyatta Walker

Winner: Carolina, New Orleans comes in second, Atlanta Third, and Tampa fourth, I am going on individual player potential but as we all know an OL has to gel so this all could change very easily.

I hope you guys liked it and remember I am a Die-Hard Panther fan I try to be as unbiased as possible, like I say though on the QB deal if I needed to win one game excluding the SB and had to take a QB from our division it would be Vick but for the long haul I like Jake, I braught this back up b/c I feel I am going to get mixed reviews on my QB comparison, I just hope some of you can agree w/ me that Vick is going to change the way teams look at the QB position in the future hell there doing it now, but he takes so many risks he may shorten his carear thats why my pick goes to Delhomme.

I will do Defense in a few got to give my hands a rest PEACE OUT!!
Davis_48

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did a DEF and ST but it did'nt post and that stuff took a while so I will not be posting a DEF or ST it pretty much was a push as all the South teams defenses are Very good
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with things liek the QBN and such but it's pretty unbiased. but to not count in Vick's leadership and the fact that Atlanta is around 66% winning when he starts says alot.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
senasational

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis_48 wrote:
Well I did a DEF and ST but it did'nt post and that stuff took a while so I will not be posting a DEF or ST it pretty much was a push as all the South teams defenses are Very good

Saints have a really bad defense.
Davis_48

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I mean't D-lines
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think NO has the better line.

vick is accurate. all he needs is a possession WR. he has the deep threats in PP and RW. if jenkins lives up to his potential then vick will be "superman"

one of the great ones on this site
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow walker wrote:
i think NO has the better line.

vick is accurate. all he needs is a possession WR. he has the deep threats in PP and RW. if jenkins lives up to his potential then vick will be "superman"

Jenkins right now is the #1 on the Depth Chart. Jenkins also is both speed and possession. Finnerna is a good possession reciever as well. and Dez is both.

PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that New Orleans has the best O line. As for QB, Vick is obviously the better athlete, but that's not all that makes a QB. I agree Jake should be best in the division. He's much more accurate, and is probably one of the best leaders in football. He gets so fired up and the team feeds off of it. Vick is an amazing athlete, and is the reason for Atlanta's success. He is a close second IMO.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanthersIn05 wrote:
I believe that New Orleans has the best O line.

I would have to agree. LeCharles Bentley is a top 3 center in the league. Gandy is no pushover that has plenty of experience. Jermane Mayberry is another experienced player that is considered to be one of the best in the league. Montrae Holland or Kendyl Jacox will start at LG not Nesbit. Holland and Jacox both started last year, with Jacox at LG and Holland at RG. With the addition of Mayberry, it'll be a tight competition for the LG spot. Brown didn't give up a sack last year at Oklahoma and is considered by most to be the best OT in the draft. Brown is also the Saints' biggest lineman.

I like Atlanta's OL. I think they are very underrated. I think Carolina need to find a true LT and move Gross back to RT. Tampa Bay is just average.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanthersIn05 wrote:
I believe that New Orleans has the best O line. As for QB, Vick is obviously the better athlete, but that's not all that makes a QB. I agree Jake should be best in the division. He's much more accurate, and is probably one of the best leaders in football. He gets so fired up and the team feeds off of it. Vick is an amazing athlete, and is the reason for Atlanta's success. He is a close second IMO.

and you don't get it. Vick gets fired up too and the team feeds off of Vick more than the Panthers feed off of Delhomme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: