Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which Cb will be on Pats.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Cb will be on Pats?
Antrel Rolle.Miami (FL)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Adam Jones.West Virginia
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Carlos Rogers.Auburn
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Justin Miller.Clemson
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Corey Webster.LSU
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Bryant McFadden.Florida State
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Marlin Jackson.Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brandon Browner.Oregon State
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

hollywood14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Which Cb will be on Pats. Reply with quote

Alright, which one do you see on the Pats in April. Please explain your pick.

I picked Justin Miller: Bryant McFadden might move ahead of him and he is a Patriot type player (Miller). I will love it if we could get either Rogers,Jones or Miller.

NOTE: Webster has not played well in season and in senior bowl practices.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut told me Rogers...

heres what i think the rankings are

Rolle
Jones
Miller
Rogers
Browner
McFadden
Jackson

I think the Pats will be impressed by rogers and make a trade to move up. Webster isnt worthy of the first round anymore and Jackson isnt versatile.

Miller or Rogers will fall to us...if not I will be happy with Browner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
My gut told me Rogers...

heres what i think the rankings are

Rolle
Jones
Miller
Rogers
Browner
McFadden
Jackson

I think the Pats will be impressed by rogers and make a trade to move up. Webster isnt worthy of the first round anymore and Jackson isnt versatile.

Miller or Rogers will fall to us...if not I will be happy with Browner

I agree with ya but what could we trade up..I dont want to waste a first and 3rd to move up 10 spots for Rogers.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a team is stupid enough to want to work out a trade to swap first round picks and ty law...of course they will have to throw in a second or third, depending on how high we trade up...

if at pick 32 Rogers, Miller, Browner, Burnett, or Crowder are not available i see them trading down...get a 2005 second rounder and a 2006 1st rounder...

I am really high on Burnett...Crowder also but he will be a top 20 pick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that if the Patriots are going to draft a corner, they are gonna make a move big to get a good one. Antrel Rolle or Carlos Rodgers are my gut feeling, but we would have to trade up. Or not. It really all depends on the combine and the senior bowl
RD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id eliminate Rolle, Miller, and Jones. None of them will last past pick 20.

Miller and Jones are the fastest of the corners, and playmaking ability is coveted by teams. They are not going to be around at our pick.

I would move Bryant McFadden off until the 2nd round.

So IMO, its only between Rogers, Webster, Browner, and Jackson.

I also think Jacksonw ill be gone, because behind Rolle, he's the best 'big' corner in the draft. I think Rogers will be taken before us as well, meaning realistically, our choice is Webster or Browner.

Ill take Webster for a couple reasons. I believe he is the better athlete and better suited to cover smaller guys. Both players are projects, but Webster is skilled in Saban's D, which gives him an edge picking up our defense. So my pick would be Webster.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Browner; he is a dominator, a big body, with great hands and cover skills. I don't think that Webster will be around. We could also go somewhere else and pick up Darrent Williams in the 2nd round. On ESPN today, this guy looked as good if not better than Mark Clayton in the North Practice.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark clayton has owned williams for the past couple years though in bedlam

according to some scouts, mark clayton is the most athletic player on the field for the north team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8138325

"Over at the North practice, Mark Clayton from Oklahoma just looked like the best athlete on the field. One personnel director I watched the Tuesday morning practice with said, "I have to evaluate the receivers today and I already think Clayton is the best player out there." We were at practice 10 minutes when he made that comment."

North WR's
WR 87 Craig Bragg 6-1 198 UCLA
WR 9 Mark Clayton 5-10 185 Oklahoma
WR 1 Vincent Jackson 6-5 223 Northern Colorado
WR 82 Brandon Jones 6-2 215 Oklahoma
WR 19 Courtney Roby 6-0 184 Indiana
WR 21 Taylor Stubblefield 5-11 172 Purdue

South WR's
WR 1 Reggie Brown 6-1 197 Georgia
WR 82 Fred Gibson 6-1 193 Georgia
WR 9 Matt Jones 6-6 237 Arkansas
WR 5 Terrance Murphy 6-0 189 Texas A&M
WR 11 Craphonso Thorpe 6-1 189 Florida State
WR 10 Roddy White 6-1 201 UAB

anyways it doesnt matter bc williams is not a BB type player. he has attitude probs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not now why you guys like Corey Webster. If he was from Michigan you woudn't like him, just because he is from LSU bill b has to draft him. He showed me nothing every game this season and the senior bowl practice. I talked to a big time scout and he said he is a mid second rounder now.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People want him to see him in NE because he learned under saban... its a bigger deal then your making it out to be. I don't know who this scout is you talked to, but it would be a steal for someone to nab him in the mid second round. In my opinon there are only two corners better then him, Rogers and Rolle. But they won't be around at 31 or 32. Im not sold on Pac Man yet. And what the hell does a senior bowl practice mean?? Who gives a crap. Im sure Champ Bailey had a few bad practices in his day...no one kicked him to the curb.

And as for Mark Clayton... i don't know...hes too much like the recivers we have now. What is he...5'10, 185-190? We need some variety in our reciving corp. We got P.K Sam last year who may or may not work out...but we need some size. Not saying Clayton won't be good im sure he will... But we've got Patten,Branch and Brown who are replica's of him.(Granted we may lose Patten and/or Brown to Free Agency) Im High on Fred Gibson from GA. In a couple years we could get him and Ben Watson going together( they were best friends at Georgia) thats the kind of Chemistry teams need.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANd whats so bad with a mid 2nd rounder?

Deion Branch was rated as a 4/5 guy and we took him in the 2nd, and had decent success.

Webster had a down year, but as a junior, the kid played like a Top 10 pick. He's got the skills, he just needs a little work. LSU's entire D dropped a level with some of their leaders gone(Chad LAvalais for example), and Webster was one of them.

Webster needs some coaching, but he's got the talent, and his play on the field is solid(great a year ago). I think he's definitely worth the #1. But, I do think he is sliding a bit, and thats fnie by me. Grab him in the 2nd somewhere, and he'd be a major steal.

Darrent Williams isn't a Patriot guy, regardless of character. He's tiny, and doesn't play the run well. One trait our guys must have is the physicalness and strength to play the run and play physical. Im high on Darrent, but he's not a Patriot type of corner.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say if we Draft Webster I will die in a bad way. There are so many CB's better than him. Plus we could ge Fabian Washington or Antonio Perkins in round 2.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Fabian play probably ten time over the past two years and he hasn't impressed me much... trust me though...webster will work out...but a cornhusker i would love to see us pick up in the second round is Barret Ruud...he is a complete football player! And a mad man!

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want Barret Ruud in round 2. I think LB is a 4th need.

1. CB
2. OG
3. WR
4. LB
5. OT
6. QB
7. S

Jgoldiscool on the sig
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well why would you have WR ahead of LB?? All our starting LB's are over 30...we have 5 capable recivers..3 capable TE's and great running back...and one of the past pass reciving RB's in the league. Phifer and Johnson are getting up there..at MLB that leaves us with Tedy. Ruud could start next year if the other two call it quits this year. And we can find a guard on the 3-5 rounds that can get the job done...look where most of our starters right now were drafted. LB's on the other hand are harder to find late. Just my thoughts.

This would be my order

1st - CB
2nd - ILB
3rd - OG
4th - CB
5th - WR
6th - OT
7th - OG

Deadpulse on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: