Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler thigpen claimed off waivers by the chiefs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Tyler thigpen claimed off waivers by the chiefs Reply with quote

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

it says the kansas city chiefs signed tyler thigpen to their active roster. looks like casey printers isnt coming back.
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really too bad Childress is too d@mn loyal to his former players. Keeping Brooks Bollinger over a good prospect in Thigpen is sad.

Thigpen has a long ways to go, but he has the tools, and if given time to develop he may be something some day.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaking Chiefs. I raised an eyebrow and said 'who' and 'from where' when the Vikings selected him in the draft, but I was pleasantly surprised by him, especially for a seventh round draft pick. I agree with Ares, I wish Bollinger would have been cut, but at least Childress' loyalty didn't become obscene, as it certainly would have been if he had kept Drew Henson because of their past relationship.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler thigpen claimed off waivers by the chiefs Reply with quote

As the first Chiefs fan to comment on the signing, I'll first point out that Thigpen was easily the best option on the market (yes, I realize Leftwich is available). After hearing about the signing, I've done a lot of research on Thigpen, and I'm quite surprised that he was cut. He is a big, very mobile QB that has above average arm strength and good accuracy to go along with it. Casey Printers was quickly becoming a fan favorite in KC, but when he was asked to accept the practice squad spot for the 2nd year, he declined. He wants the opportunity to start in the NFL, and rightfully so. He's been very impressive in preseason this year. He's 10x the QB this year over last year. The fact that Printers walked forced the Chiefs to pick up Thigpen. He seems to have more upside than Brodie Croyle, based off of the tape that I've seen so far...I might be crucified for saying that. Anxious

The signing of Thigpen and Smith by the Chiefs only goes to show that Herm & Co. are always scouting for talent, whether it be at the scouting combine, or at a scrimmage in Minnesota/Wisconsin.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its too bad..he seemed like the mold of a franchise QB...good measurables, decent mobility and a good mind for football.

When your labeled as a student of the game after going to Coastal Carolina (which doesnt have their own football field) then thats a complement.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: