Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs end Holmes' season

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Chiefs end Holmes' season Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
Chiefs placed Priest Holmes on the Non-Football Injury list, ending his season.

The whole Holmes saga was bizarre and this could be an appropriate, if sad, ending to his career. We believe Holmes won't get paid now, and he's not eligible to play elsewhere.

Any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes' comeback was a feel good story while it lasted, but the Chiefs are doing him a favor. He should retire and get on with the rest of his life and not try and latch on anywhere else. He had a solid career and should be happy he escaped the game without being paralyzed.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
Holmes' comeback was a feel good story while it lasted, but the Chiefs are doing him a favor. He should retire and get on with the rest of his life and not try and latch on anywhere else. He had a solid career and should be happy he escaped the game without being paralyzed.

I agree it is appropriate, yet it is a sad way to leave the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great career. Goodbye Priest! Crying or Very sad

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. He has been cleared to play.. he wanted to play.. he never was given a chance to play.

Chiefs brass had seemed to be leaning towards PuP listing him. in the last Hard Knocks episode.. GM Carl Peterson mentioned he might just simply make the final 53. Now it turns out he's been placed on the NFI list.

Can't help but wonder now.. was this all just simply publicity with Hard Knocks being around.

I didn't expect him to be the Priest of old.. but I sure woulda liked him to be given a real chance to try and play.. otherwise.. why was he even there to begin with?

This looks dirty now.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Can't help but wonder now.. was this all just simply publicity with Hard Knocks being around.

I didn't expect him to be the Priest of old.. but I sure woulda liked him to be given a real chance to try and play.. otherwise.. why was he even there to begin with?

This looks dirty now.

Perhaps it was a failed attempt to try and leverage Larry Johnson into signing on the cheap. Whatever the reason, I think it's the best thing for Holmes' life not to play again. And before the debate even begins, no he's not a Hall of Famer. Adios Padre (yes I know padre translates to 'father', not priest, it just seems fitting, especially when Chad Johnson can get away with ocho cinco, which isn't 85).
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. i take back what I said..

PuP list and NFI list are essentially the same thing in regards to the player.

He is available to rejoin the team after 6 weeks.. just like PuP.

The title of this thread/rotoworld are is wrong. This didn't end his season.

ps.. TooL owns ! Smile
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Blaze

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont they just release him. As much as he did for the franchise, they can at least give him a chance to try and play somewhere

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he wishes they would just release him...
northernpackfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion - Holmes was a tool to get LJ to sign. It seems too coincidental that as soon as Johnson signs, Holmes goes out for 6 weeks. I'm not sure if Priest agreed to be a pawn, or was manipulated into it, but it just seems fishy to me.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was going to take LJ's job and money. He was a great RB, and now I think its time for him to think retirement.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Blaze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernpackfan wrote:
My personal opinion - Holmes was a tool to get LJ to sign. It seems too coincidental that as soon as Johnson signs, Holmes goes out for 6 weeks. I'm not sure if Priest agreed to be a pawn, or was manipulated into it, but it just seems fishy to me.
im sure they may have conned him into it because i think he really wanted to play

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, now that Priest has been placed on the NFI list, we're not allowed to release him without getting a fine. Even still though, now that he's on the NFI list, he doesn't count against the 53 man roster, meaning that we have an additional 6 weeks to decide which guy to cut once he's activated (if that indeed happens at that time).

Second, I highly doubt that Priest was used as a pawn in the LJ contract negotiations. That rumor was started by KC Star's Jason Whitlock, who is the resident Chiefs basher that gets waaaay too much credit for speculative ramblings that he calls "breaking news". Here are the facts; Ever since Priest had his neck injury 23 months ago, he hasn't been involved in any team organized activities of any kind, or for that matter, even been seen at Arrowhead more than twice. Priest walks to the beat of his own drum. He has never been the kind of guy that thinks of himself first. He's never wanted to be a distraction, hence the reason that he's been at his home in San Antonio for almost 2 years. He's always been about the team, and being a distraction (ie: trying to stage a comeback to speed up LJ's contract talks) contradicts everything he has ever said to the media. We can put that rumor to rest.

Third, if you guys remember, Priest was quoted in several interviews saying the word "retirement" would never come out of his mouth. Therefore, I think it's safe to say that he is giving this comeback everything he has. The only question is if he'll be successful. If he is, then he'll likely be the front runner for CBPOY, dispite LJ getting most of the carries. With Priest around, he gives us a great deal of veteran leadership, and a level headed mind set that our offense needs right now. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: