Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buster Davis was released...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. He got cut by the Dolphins last year, and just got cut again by some other team. It was odd seeing the Steelers not drafting well, even if it just was one round. Oh well - I think we made up for it by drafting William Gay. Mark my words - he will be a playmaker for us sooner rather than later.
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind if the Pats picked him up. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
I would like the Eagles to look at this guy... He would be a very good pick up for us.
I really liked him going in to the draft, and I wonder why they decided to release him??? (He was a 3rd round pick, so they must have seen something in him)

Hell yea, I would love to have him. We probably wouldn't have to waste a pick on an ILB next year if he works out for us. I hope the Egales look at him. Great at Florida St.! I really hope we can somehow get him.

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
lynch2packers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

size has nothing to do with being a good or bad football player. look at bob sanders and zach thomas.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynch2packers wrote:
size has nothing to do with being a good or bad football player. look at bob sanders and zach thomas.

That is a common misconception. It is true there are several small players who have been successful in the NFL. But for every little guy that succeeds, there are several more who fail, nobody mentions them.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most shocking of the cuts so far for me....even more then Antonio Pittman. Atleast Buster Davis had a future as a starter in the NFL while I didnt see Pittman doing much behind Mccalister and Bush.

He is very short however, this may have been a factor?

Regardless...this is a pointless cut, I dont see the reason in drafting any guy, weather its a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder if he will just be cut...you draft players to keep them.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SublimeViking wrote:
Wow Im just shocked and indeed very upset. I definately thought that he was the biggest steal in the whole draft. Not many linebackers play with as much intensity as Buster Davis. I would do anything for the Vikings to pick him up.

i thought the biggest steal was HB Blades i cant believe he fell 2nd day
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
SublimeViking wrote:
Wow Im just shocked and indeed very upset. I definately thought that he was the biggest steal in the whole draft. Not many linebackers play with as much intensity as Buster Davis. I would do anything for the Vikings to pick him up.

i thought the biggest steal was HB Blades i cant believe he fell 2nd day

HB Blades is good but Buster Davis was considered short for a MLB, thus the fall...HB Blades however is even smaller then Buster Davis, thus the freefall.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
lynch2packers wrote:

That is a common misconception. It is true there are several small players who have been successful in the NFL. But for every little guy that succeeds, there are several more who fail, nobody mentions them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Couldn't be more true.

And size can have a lot to do with being a good or bad football player. That is a factor with every position on the field. You don't see small offensive linemen, 5-9 quarterbacks, 300 pound running backs...
lynch2packers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="younggun1273"][quote="forty six & 2"][quote="lynch2packers"]size has nothing to do with being a good or bad football player. look at bob sanders and zach thomas.[/quote]
That is a common misconception. It is true there are several small players who have been successful in the NFL. But for every little guy that succeeds, there are several more who fail, nobody mentions them.[/quote]

And size can have a lot to do with being a good or bad football player. That is a factor with every position on the field. You don't see small offensive linemen, 5-9 quarterbacks, 300 pound running backs...[/quote]

well my point is you can't say a player isn't going to succeed just because he is small. another example of a guy who people said was too small, steve smith.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynch2packers wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
forty six & 2 wrote:
lynch2packers wrote:

And size can have a lot to do with being a good or bad football player. That is a factor with every position on the field. You don't see small offensive linemen, 5-9 quarterbacks, 300 pound running backs...

well my point is you can't say a player isn't going to succeed just because he is small. another example of a guy who people said was too small, steve smith.

What Steve Smith lacked in size, he made up for in speed, jumping, catching, route running...

Buster Davis is lacking size, coverage ability, pass rushing and speed. It's not just that he is small.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: